• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vigo: "I hope that DMC4 is coming to Xbox360, the Wii, and possibly the Splorgenborg"

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigBoss said:
Lost Planet runs at 30 fps, DMC4 runs at 60 fps, they both run on the same engine.

But Lost Planet looks wayy better! Look at the effects in LP; motion-blur, great particle effects, weather, environment destructibility, hundreds of foes on screen at once etc

michael-jackson.jpg

koons-michael-jackson-and-bubbles-2102301.jpg

Michael%20Jackson's%20-%20Moonwalker%20%5BJAP%5D.jpg

Michael%20Jackson%20matrix2.jpg

Michael-Jackson-With-Kids-312x216.jpg

Ganondorfo

BigBoss said:
Of course it doesn't, there aren't any PS3 games that measure up to greatness and glory of Lost Planet. All hail overused motion blur, I can't see shit but its awesome...

Genjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii says hello:lol

f_elz said:
thread hijack FTL

Dude DMC4 is PS3 exclusive, Sony bought it back in E3 2005. It might be released for 360 later...

You know when the producer said "sony wants us to release the game ASAP...." hint hint ;)

They could have annouced it for 360 at TGS! What prevented them from doing so?

Ganondorfo

You know, if the people from capcom are very drunk now and they are reading this thread, than your wish is granted vigo.

K_S

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Splorgenborg > PS3

can't wait

you think anything > ps3 or anything sony/playstation

i would love to see a playstation with a intel cpu just to mess with your head :lol

jett

D-Member
Vigo the Carpathian said:
devil-may-cry-4-20060925014454636.jpg

Well this proves a lot.

Namely nothing. The game wasnt running at HD at TGS. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAme.

You're one annoying guy. The game was running at 720p. STFU already.

jett

D-Member
Mojovonio said:
I meant link to your prior statement about it running at 30fps on the 360.

I didn't say anything about DMC4 running at 30fps, just the engine. But anyways:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117781&highlight=capcom+engine
http://www.rbbtoday.com/news/20060904/33625.html

*As for hi-def graphics, they pointed out "frame rate, fill rate, texture quality and size are more problematic than shader." Because of their estimation that 60fps is impossible for next-gen-esque imagery, they added lightweight 2.5D motion blur to make 30fps look smoother.

Mojovonio

Banned

GhaleonEB

K_S said:
you think anything > ps3 or anything sony/playstation

i would love to see a playstation with a intel cpu just to mess with your head :lol
that was a joke you loon

i thought the word Splorgenborg was teh funny

Mojovonio

Banned
also

it's my firm belief that neither Xbox 360 nor PS3 really have enough raw pixel fillrate
(for most developers) to do 60 FPS while displaying truly next generation imagry.

both Xenos and RSX only have 8 ROPs and only ~4 Gpixel/s fillrate. 720p uses most of that up, so they're almost down to fillrates of last generation consoles once they've asended to HD resolution. I made a thread about this.

IMO both consoles should've had ~12 Gpixels/sec. nearly free 4x AA (like Xenos) and the option to goto 8x AA at moderate fillrate/bandwidth cost (less cost than with PC GPUs).

does that mean we will never see next-gen graphics at 60fps? no, not at all, but there will be few games that do it. options are, go down to 480p or cut out anti-aliasing
(cutting out AA will help PS3 more than Xbox 360).

jett

D-Member
Mojovonio said:
from the b3d link, i understand that DMC4 is only running at 60fps because it isn't fully utilizing the engine...

Uh-huh.

BTW posting the personal opinion of a B3D poster is meaningless, even less so considering DMC4 isn't the only PS3 game running at 60fps. There's 60fps games on the 360 too.

p.s. joystiq is worthless.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Vigo the Carpathian said:
Careful, an admin might just replace that image talking about 'multiconsole strategies' with a picture of Michael Jackson's nose.

OOOOOOR you might just be a retard.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Hey guys did you see the article that talks about Capcom's stance on rising development costs in Next-generation consoles?

Mojovonio

Banned
jett said:
Uh-huh.

BTW posting the personal opinion of a B3D poster is meaningless, even less so considering DMC4 isn't the only PS3 game running at 60fps. There's 60fps games on the 360 too.

p.s. joystiq is worthless.

and your personal opinion is?

fse

fortified_concept said:
thread should be rerenamed to:

Vigo and f_elz: "I hope that DMC4 is coming to Xbox360, the Wii, and possibly the Splorgenborg"

you really like picking on me eh?
i just posted the pic he was talking about.

gaf these days

btw: why is joystiq worthless? no pro sony slant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom