• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vinyl, '70s rock drama from Martin Scorsese & Terence Winter premieres on HBO in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Show is called Vinyl and will premiere in 2016.

2c79dc4e71c589fbd4b8e8439785aae8.png

HBO's Untitled Rock 'n ' Roll drama started filming in NYC.
Show is created by Terrence Winter, creator of Boardwalk Empire and writer on The Sopranos, and executive produced by Martin Scorsese, who directed the pilot, and Mick Jagger.

Synopsis.
Set in 1970s New York, the series will explore the drug- and sex-fueled music business as punk and disco were breaking out, all through the eyes of a record executive trying to resurrect his label and find the next new sound.
Cast: Bobby Cannavale, Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, Juno Temple, Andrew “Dice” Clay, Ato Essandoh, Max Casella, James Jagger, Jack Quaid, Birgitte Sorenson, P.J. Byrne, J.C. MacKenzie, Bo Dietl, Armen Garo, Robert Funaro, Joe Caniano.

First photos.
About premiere date.
From a THR cover story on HBO:

- HBO's Real-Life Game of Thrones: The Fight to Stay Rich, on Top and Score Bill SimmonsSo are they going to push it back to 2016? This is the first I've heard of it.

Another THR article from a couple of days ago:*shrugs*
Westworld most likely won't premiere in 2015.

Westworld should've started filming in July for a late fall premiere, but it seems they have some creative problems. Also i think the show would require a lot of post-production.
It's unlikely, but i think that if they would've started filming Rock n Roll drama in July, i think there would be enough time for it to premiere in November - December 2015. It doesn't require a lot of post-production, at least it would be less that Westworld, so if their plan was to premiere Westworld in the fall, they could do the same with Rock n Roll drama.
YESSSSSSS. Finally.

Spruchy

Oh I think I saw Extras unpacking for this yesterday. They were near a church so I thought it was some sort of groovy wedding, but then I saw them all packing into another nearby building and there was a trailer ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom