• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Marche90

I would like so much to play that on my vita in english :(

I've always wondered, why the VN community loves having the Vita version so much? Nothing against that at all, but it has always striked me as odd, since I play all my VNs on PC (and now tablet, which, btw, is the best thing ever)

Changing topics, I buckled and finally got Princess Evangile. I'm enjoying so much, but I still haven't finished the common route. I'm also undecided abouth which route I'll play first. My original plan was to play Rise's route first, but I think I'll play Ayaka's first.

hmm... how long did it took for the word ring to appear below 0?

I've always wondered, why the VN community loves having the Vita version so much? Nothing against that at all, but it has always striked me as odd, since I play all my VNs on PC (and now tablet, which, btw, is the best thing ever)

Changing topics, I buckled and finally got Princess Evangile. I'm enjoying so much, but I still haven't finished the common route. I'm also undecided abouth which route I'll play first. My original plan was to play Rise's route first, but I think I'll play Ayaka's first.

portability i guess?

takoyaki

hmm... how long did it took for the word ring to appear below

on March 31st, same day as those two tweets. But first there was the word "salt" under the zero where the word "ring" is now.

"ring" could be part of another word (e.g. b-ring) and the upper part of the g in ring looks a lot like a small Sigma, but thats probably just the font. Nothing else so far.

blacksark

Don't know how to explain it but for me it just feels like the exact place it should be, I don't like playing on pc and then you have portability,the oled screen makes games look nice ,trophies and the fact that vn doesn't fit too much on a ps4 for example(in my opinion), and yes I also love to stay on the sofa while playing visual novels.

ps: The 4infinity website should have updated, don't know if it's because of the time change or just because we already got the weekly update on april 1st.

takoyaki

The 4infinity website should have updated, don't know if it's because of the time change or just because we already got the weekly update on april 1st.

Still 20min to go, this week's Daylight Saving Time change only applies to Europe, America does it a few weeks earlier.

Nemaides

Portability paired with a nice screen. I suppose a tablet could fulfill the same role.

Today is a holiday though, so if it doesn't update today, I wouldn't start freaking out. They might push it to tomorrow or early next week even.

Recent Vita owner here...

I had my eyes for a long time on Danganronpa and I was blown away by it.

Currently playing VLR, saddens me that I've forgotten much about my 999 playthrough.

Will start DR2 after that.

What other good VN games can you guys recommend me for Vita? Vita is my go-go VN machine (the sole reason I got it)

Marche90

Portability paired with a nice screen. I suppose a tablet could fulfill the same role.

Probably. Now that I got my tablet I can hardly go back to even my laptop (which, even then, is the lightweight type, an 11-incher), so I can definitely see the appeal.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

I don't know what it means, but it is glorious :)))

Guess that confirms that it is counting down months and weeks.

0302 = 3 months, 2 weeks. > 0301 = 3 months, 1 week. > 0204 = 2 months, 4 weeks.

takoyaki

Wasn't there a digital root theory that had one of the numbers as 0204?

I'm sad to say so, but the digital roots theory is pretty much dead now. Would have had to have been 0300 for it to work.

Guess that confirms that it is counting down months and weeks.

0302 = 3 months, 2 weeks. > 0301 = 3 months, 1 week. > 0204 = 2 months, 4 weeks.

Seems very likely now. That is one long teaser, I take back the "glorious" part...

redhood56

Banned
If it really is counting down months and weeks it should line up with anime expo, where aksys usually does announce stuff. Hopefully it is e3 though, I don't want to wait unti July.

D-Man

So it's 2 months and 4 weeks for the teaser to finish? That's way too long for a teaser.

My hype kinda died down now that this is the teaser's clear intent. .-.

grim-tales

It says 0204 now! :eek:
The 'ring' is still underneath one of the zeros.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?
Edit: Yeah maybe its counting down months and weeks. It better be pretty damn special

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Another theory I have. Whenever the month counter changes, we'll get a new word.

03xx > 02xx - "Ring" appeared.

blacksark

If it really is counting down months and weeks it should line up with anime expo, where aksys usually does announce stuff. Hopefully it is e3 though, I don't want to wait unti July.

That's it. That's the piece of information that I needed. Anime expo goes from 3 to 5 july and aksys went last year. Although I don't like that they have done it so early and all, the mistery is completely solved

takoyaki

Aksys pretty much could have said "Hey guys, ZE3 is in the works and we'll have more details on the game in June or July". That would have had the same effect. It's literally a countdown without any deeper meaning. This felt like something we were supposed to solve, not wait out :/

edit: Whatever. In 12 or 13 weeks, the game will be announced and there's nothing left to do but wait. That is good news.

DeMatador

Neo Member
That's it. That's the piece of information that I needed. Anime expo goes from 3 to 5 july and aksys went last year. Although I don't like that they have done it so early and all, the mistery is completely solved

No it's not. If this truly goes down once a week we're looking at a June 26 reveal. Two months, three weeks. Unless it does go from 0201 to 0105 like GSR said, then it could line up with Anime Expo on July 3rd.

Both are speculation, nothing is truly resolved.

If this is not ZE3, and if it is teasing to July (God I hope it isn't, I hope we are missing a very obvious or well-hidden puzzle or alternative formula) Aksys has zero escape from huge backlash

axisofweevils

ring appeared before 03xx > 02xx. maybe instead we'll get a new word before the month counter changes

Yeah. Thinking about it, we got the word on April 1, so I'm guessing a new word on the first of every month.

Or something like that. There's four weeks in April; next month will probably start 0105, and then 000X for whenever they want to end it in June. Roughly lines up with E3.

Yep, someone (Zonic?) called this as a month/week countdown fairly early in the other thread. At least we have a better idea of how long we'll have to wait now.

Goddamn i know the zero escape fans are dying for more but the format of that teaserwebsite is trully something else. now i can only hope that more words will appears the more the counter goes down ( faster i mean ) because i'll just have to hope that they aren't toying with ours faith and expectations at this point.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, guess that one particular user in the previous thread was right. I think it was takoyaki; it's pretty apparent that it's months and weeks now... unless something goes nuts.

I like having a date to expect. That sounds like: June 26.

grim-tales

Huh, guess that one particular user in the previous thread was right. I think it was takoyaki; it's pretty apparent that it's months and weeks now... unless something goes nuts.

I like having a date to expect. That sounds like: June 26.

June,
Damn you Aksys :D

So June 26th for Americans and June 27th for Australians are the magic dates.

If the countdown continues on its exact pattern till then, it's going to end one week after E3 and one week before the Anime Expo. So I'm going to assume that they'll reveal a short teaser just to wet our appetites and then do a full blown reveal at the Anime Expo. Regardless of how they reveal it, I'm just glad we finally have a date. I now don't have to visit this thread 10 million times a day. 83 days left!

June,
Damn you Aksys :D

3wRAREM.jpg

Top Bottom