• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

7mKo1ta.png

The super cute gay dating sim/RPG for smartphones, Fantastic Boyfriends: Legends of Midearth is getting an English release. :D

Here's the website.

Gutss

Playing Tokyo twilight ghost hunters now, why this game not popular to others? its a great visual novel with some rpg elements.

Soulflarz

Banned
Playing Tokyo twilight ghost hunters now, why this game not popular to others? its a great visual novel with some rpg elements.

Because I would have no clue about it if it wasnt for me following people who worked on it.

It was kind of sent to die in the sense no one built interest for it outside of some tweets...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Started on the full version of Kurogane Kaikitan (Vita) earlier this week. Really enjoying the characters and the action has been great so far. Excellent soundtrack too. Apparently it failed to chart on release week which is a huge shame but isn't surprising since it's a Vita exclusive VN. Hoping minatosoft eventually ports it to PC so more people will be able to enjoy it. Not sure how likely that'll be though since it's already all ages and I'm not sure how well a reverse port without sex scenes would do with the PC audience.

LX_Theo

Banned

Mixed impressions I read. Other things that made me want to wait on it between personal finances and being unsure what to expect from it.

Still on my to buy list.

takoyaki

I thought the timer changed last Friday at 8:20am (Melbourne time) which was several hours ago. Guess I was wrong?

the time seems right, but it would have already been Saturday in Melbourne. If this week's new stuff didn't change anything about the counter, we should expect a change in about 15 hours from now.

Aerocrane

I'd like to play it, but the Vita version isn't available on PSN in Finland and getting a physical copy from Amazon UK would cost 50€ which is a bit too much for me as the PS3 version on PSN is 40€. I've heard that the game doesn't explain all of its mechanics that well though.

aravuus

It got me interested when someone made an OT for it, but the impressions weren't that good. Maybe I'll buy it someday when it's on a sale.

Tohsaka

I bought it on release date, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet due to buying a bunch of other games since then that I've been looking forward to more.

blacksark

I was interested in TTGH but all the impressions were bad, very bad, maybe I buy it when it's very cheap, tell us more about your impressions, but it was a disappointment to see the general impresion of the game

I was interested in TTGH but all the impressions were bad, very bad, maybe I buy it when it's very cheap, tell us more about your impressions, but it was a disappointment to see the general impresion of the game

What impressions are you talking about? Not the ones from the site certainly. It seems to have had a mostly positive reception from my experience.

aravuus

I haven't read the thread in a while, but all I kept seeing was people saying the actual gameplay aspects weren't very good, or something. Of course, nobody commented on the story or writing which would obviously be the most important aspects.

cj_iwakura

I haven't read the thread in a while, but all I kept seeing was people saying the actual gameplay aspects weren't very good, or something. Of course, nobody commented on the story or writing which would obviously be the most important aspects.

I don't think any of those people really played it, they were going off the media. The story and writing is phenomenal, Aksys on their A game.

aravuus

Is that so? Well then, gotta keep my eye on the price. I doubt it's gonna go down any time soon but I have too much to play right now anyway, so it's gotta wait.

I'm actually super confused as to what kind of gameplay it has. Looking through the screenshots on the game's PSN store page, it looks like a.. Simple SRPG?

e: well, it actually said it in the description if i had just taken the time to read it, so.. don't mind this post lol

4b79feb3a2.jpg

dat A game

jk

blacksark

What impressions are you talking about? Not the ones from the site certainly. It seems to have had a mostly positive reception from my experience.

Well reviews and one person that normally likes the same games as me told me that gameplay was horrible and story wasn't very good.Seeing what you're seeing I'll watch out for the price

I don't think any of those people really played it, they were going off the media. The story and writing is phenomenal, Aksys on their A game.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I enjoyed the episodic storytelling and TV show style presentation. The combat could be summarized as a fairly simple SRPG, but I ended up enjoying how the traps and pre-fight preparation worked.

I'll keep on eye on TTGH too, and I don't mind if the combat is simple, but if the game is incredibly easy (like Persona 4 or Ar Tonelico 1 for example) then it probably won't be a good fit.

I bought the whole Grisaia trilogy in the end because those characters could be absolutely awesome and I'm totally fine if the plot is slow, but I really did not like how everything was handled by both sides in that whole process. If another project got handled like that again, I would wait for the product to go on sale or for more platforms to be available first.

aravuus

Persona 4, incredibly easy? It's not hard compared to other SMT games, sure, but I wonder what you'd call like 90% of other JRPGs if P4 is incredibly easy

Persona 4, incredibly easy? It's not hard compared to other SMT games, sure, but I wonder what you'd call like 90% of other JRPGs if P4 is incredibly easy

I probably should have said 4 Golden and have been more specific about it (that's on me), but I do consider 90% of JRPGs to be easy. To be fair, I consider most of the dungeon-crawlers of the last generation to be too easy as well.

That doesn't mean that easy games aren't or can't be fun (I sure play enough of them after all), but Persona 4 never struck me as something I wanted to deal with the gameplay of just for its story.

takoyaki

Still some time to go....

If Aksys updates exactly after 7 days, then something changes in about 70 minutes from now. If nothing happens today, then it's back to random changes like the words popping up and Uchikoshi's twitter message.

waiting sucks!

Top Bottom