• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Darko

the content manager needs to be connected to the internet to work right? so theoretically sony can remove the ability to transfer save games and thus blocking furhter use of the exploit?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a hard time properly getting the ftp app to work. I tried putting the save folder with the PSP.ZIP archive in there. The archive in the directory where the all the files are. No dice when I transfer. I can't see it.

I had to move some files around.

PSP.ZIP\PSP\GAME\FTP

In there, the INSTALL folder only had the eboot in it, so I had to unzip that and put it in the directory with the rest of the files (icon, param, etc). Then it worked.

Still haven't got that move to ms0:\ISO thing figured out, seems like the emulator freezes when I try to do it.

Edit: Game does work when I play it. I just can't copy to ms0:\ISO.

Darko

I'm having a hard time properly getting the ftp app to work. I tried putting the save folder with the PSP.ZIP archive in there. The archive in the directory where the all the files are. No dice when I transfer. I can't see it.

make sure you are in pc ---> vita mode.... it automatically goes to vita---> pc mode when you launch the app on vita

also make sure .ZIP is Capitialized as well

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
make sure you are in pc ---> vita mode.... it automatically goes to vita---> pc mode when you launch the app on vita

also make sure .ZIP is Capitialized as well

Thanks for the replies. I'm retrying now. I think it was the fact that I forgot to extraxt the install.zip folder with the eboot file.

Skyzard

Banned

Yeah... sucks :/ just want to play 3:SE and wipeout 2097 on my vita

Notes for this version: - Changelog CEF 6.60 TN-B
* Added more patches to get higher games compatibility.
* Fixed bug that makes incompatibility with some games.
(this also fixes bug that freezes your PSVita when you return from PSVita Menu to the backup game or when you resume the device).
* Set CPU speed to 333 (experimental, not tested yet).
* Removed hardcoded offsets and savedata path (makes porting CEF very easily).
* FAKE.ISO is not needed anymore.
* Forge "." and ".." entries in directories, because the PSPEmu does not read them.
This increases compatibility with many homebrews.

- Changelog TN Menu 0.2 (bugs here will be fixed later, I just focused on CEF bugs)
* Added ability to move backup games to ms0:/ISO (by pressing X on the game).
* Added ability to load purchased PSN games.
* In the progress bar now it shows the speed instead of the past seconds.
* Added configuration menu (show it by pressing []).
* Using ISO/CSO reader by Takka.
* Added memory free space.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Choose no, then it will ask if you want to play the iso. You don't have to move it to play it
Nice, this worked! So I can keep it in the exploit folder or is this for compatibility issues?

It did mention there's not enough save data space so maybe you can't save this way or somethin

OK, BoF3 works. Nice. One of the games I really wanted to replay this way. If only it was 1:1 too, would be killer

Nice, this worked! So I can keep it in the exploit folder or is this for compatibility issues?

It did mention there's not enough save data space so maybe you can't save this way or somethin

No clue honestly, I just know trying to move any iso caused my vita to lock up, so i'll continue to play them this way.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with not moving it is that every time you transfer from the PC to the Vita using content manager, it moves the entire "save file" including your emulators/PSP games/homebrew apps. So you have to leave them in that folder and retransfer them every time.

FTP is a way around that, but it's a lot slower for me. Okay for small files, but for games I think I'd rather be able to transfer through CMA and move them to the ISO folder.

drkOne

I must be doing something wrong.

My "NPUZ00210CPMEM" folder goes inside "PSAVEDATA/1a2f3b36e1074e76", or just the contents?

Tried both ways but TN-Menu doesn't load up...

The problem with not moving it is that every time you transfer from the PC to the Vita using content manager, it moves the entire "save file" including your emulators/PSP games/homebrew apps. So you have to leave them in that folder and retransfer them every time.

FTP is a way around that, but it's a lot slower for me. Okay for small files, but for games I think I'd rather be able to transfer through CMA and move them to the ISO folder.

ahh...guess i'll bite the bullet and use an ftp client to move some things around later

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I must be doing something wrong.

My "NPUZ00210CPMEM" folder goes inside "PSAVEDATA/1a2f3b36e1074e76", or just the contents?

Tried both ways but TN-Menu doesn't load up...

It should be PSAVEDATA/blahblahblahyourid/NPUZ00210CPMEM(yourregionsexploitfolder)/contents of that folder here

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

A lot slower for me too. I can upload at around 300k/sec too so I guess I will be sticking with this method unless I get around 10GB in transfers going. In that case I'm better off doing the ftp method.

qcf x2

So what does this do, exactly? Does it run MAME or emulate Dreamcast? Does it support common file extensions for video (the Vita is really a pain in the ass in that regard)?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lemme make sure I have it right, if I put FTP on, I can transfer stuff to the Vita without having to use Official CMA, or Open CMA?

Right. Run the FTP app and it will give you an IP address to connect to. I didn't experiment with it much, just through the Explorer. Using actual FTP software and proper settings might get you better speed, because when I tried it was sloooow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So what does this do, exactly? Does it run MAME or emulate Dreamcast? Does it support common file extensions for video (the Vita is really a pain in the ass in that regard)?

Yes, no, IDKMYBFFJILL (ask Wololo or someone that cares about video on the PSP's that) respectively.

It's a sandbox mode. Don't expect magical things out of it that you couldn't do on the PSP already.

Right. Run the FTP app and it will give you an IP address to connect to. I didn't experiment with it much, just through the Explorer. Using actual FTP software and proper settings might get you better speed, because when I tried it was sloooow.

I'm ok to use Official CMA to transfer the FTP app as long as they're not forcing a firmware update then?

zychi

Banned
so has this second game with the exploit been taken down from the psn store? i'm looking via ps3 and cant find it.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This is how the inside of the exploit folder should look right?
Can't get FTP or anything else to show up on TN read through the thread and I'm sure I've done everything right...halp!

iblk9pTHyJlwHO.PNG

Got SNES emulator running and currently playing some Super Mario World. Will try out the PSP emu tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting some PSOne action going in the future.

ShirAhava

Edit:
If you have an INSTALL.ZIP in there, extract the contents of that into the FTP folder and delete everything else.
All you should have is PSP/GAME/FTP/EBOOT.PBP

Never had INSTALL.ZIP in there but re-did it just in case.

PSP/GAME/FTP/EBOOT.PBP is what I have...still not working (all I see is the psp games I already had on my Vita)

ShirAhava

Looking around the net there are many others with the exact same problem(using TN-B/Mad Blocker Alpha)....this might be a bug.
oh well I'll wait for an update

Does it show up if you have the original INSTALL.ZIP in the exploit folder?
It won't install correctly but it should at least show an icon telling you that it sees the eboot.
If not, then maybe the eboot is corrupt.

ShirAhava

Does it show up if you have the original INSTALL.ZIP in the exploit folder?
It won't install correctly but it should at least show an icon telling you that it sees the eboot.
If not, then maybe the eboot is corrupt.

It doesn't show up....no icon...no nothing and I've tried various different eboots for different homebrew nothing shows up.

Top Bottom