• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Not played a DOA game (or fighting game for that matter) for years but DOA5 Plus looks very good!

Might be time to get back into the genre, although I'll be able to get my fighting game fix when MK hits EU Plus next week :D

[edit : Top of the page.... guess I'll recommend the game I've spent most of my recent posts talking about.

Get Virtue's Last Reward!

vlrzeroiii.jpg

Though I highly recommend playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on DS first :) ]

TheGrue

Well, my Vita is indeed broken. Tried a different charging cable and it still won't charge. Guess I will call Sony support tomorrow and see if they will repair for free. Not sure i can go much longer without playing Persona 4.

Called Sony support this morning and they are sending me a coffin to send my Vita back. Said it should be repaired/replace at no charge to me since it is within a year. Gonna miss the old girl while she's gone. I have so many great games to play (but I thought Vita had no games!).

Not played a DOA game (or fighting game for that matter) for years but DOA5 Plus looks very good!

Might be time to get back into the genre, although I'll be able to get my fighting game fix when MK hits EU Plus next week :D

[edit : Top of the page.... guess I'll recommend the game I've spent most of my recent posts talking about.

Though I highly recommend playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on DS first :) ]

Yeah MK is good as it has an absolute ton of single player content. Full blown single player story mode with loads of cut scenes and progresses the MK1 2 and 3 stories. Then there is the usual arcade and tag arcade modes and to top it off 2 massive challenge towers to go through.

Derrick01

Banned

My copy should be here tomorrow if my recent amazon shipments are any indication. Should be a nice weekend game.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Yeah MK is good as it has an absolute ton of single player content. Full blown single player story mode with loads of cut scenes and progresses the MK1 2 and 3 stories. Then there is the usual arcade and tag arcade modes and to top it off 2 massive challenge towers to go through.

Sounds good! I remember playing (and enjoying) Mortal Kombat 1 on the MegaDrive/Genesis, if it's anything like that I think I'll be happy :)

mauaus

VITA GAMES
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Burn the Rope
Knytt Underground (#YOPO)

Nice week for SCEA! Gonna get oddworld and Sonic Allstar Racing
Battle Royale
for sure!!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So yeah, new Velocity. I'm excited. It seems as though the full reveal will be on Jan 11.

Carl will have probably already posted this by the time I hit submit, but oh well.

www.fanpoweredflight.net

A counter for basically another counter? LOL

probably nsfw

When it got to 3:45, I was like YEAH!
3ds graphics... bleah
It looks fun tough.

Not sure if this has been posted before but the Vita version of DOA5 looks surprisingly good. It's even running at 60fps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_PoP0VcHjQ

I need a Vita for this game. XD
It looks really good, but i want to see more complex backgrounds before judging.

It looks interesting, maybe not 10€ interesting though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
New Legend of Heroes (Trails series) was announced for PS3/Vita.

http://www.falcom.com/kaisya/ir/pdf/121214.pdf

huh..interesting.

Vanillaware should show Dragon's Crown already. (then again I feel that Atlus will kill the Vita version)

2:30hrs left for the FuturLab reveal!!

hopefully it's not for PSM

Derrick how are you doing with Vita so far? hardware impressions, what you like and dislike in general (I know you hate motion and touch crap)

probably nsfw

When it got to 3:45, I was like YEAH!

meh,Marvelous need to release GT Master for Vita.

dat Shi chan *droool*

Nice, at least Jan/feb wont be a complete wasteland now.

do we know the release date for DOA5?

Gamespawn

I think he meant to send the controller inputs via Bluetooth and then send back the image via Wifi/Router so you dont have 2 possibly lagging transmissions.
Exactly. I figure the DS controllers don't use that much power and you could use the whole wifi connection for the video stream. the only problem with that is syncing the two up correctly.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So is this the same game that I played on the Wii?

Cause if it is... I'm very excited.

Or does it have additional content?

I want them to fix some of game problems,many unbalanced boss fights need some teaking and fixing, add jump button maybe, trim all the garbage and backtracking, fix the forging system..ect.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hopefully it's not for PSM

If you had read and clicked on links on the last page, you'd seen the teaser trailer where they pretty much announce its a full PSN title. Besides we know for a while now that they got a full PSN contract with Sony.

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick how are you doing with Vita so far? hardware impressions, what you like and dislike in general (I know you hate motion and touch crap)

Here's the post I made when I was unbanned about the games I played, at least up to that point since I just finished Gravity Rush.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45247695&postcount=455

tl;dr Uncharted and Gravity Rush- really good. Assassin's Creed and PS All Stars- mediocre at their best moments, kinda bad the rest of the time.

I had Vita hardware notes written down but I seem to have lost them so I'll just say what I like really quick.

- The OLED is obviously amazing
- The OS is slick and very responsive. The fact that I can have 5 tabs open and switch instantly between them even when in a game puts the Vita at the top of any console or handheld as far as OS goes right now.
- Same thing with the standby feature. When I'm in a bind for time and can't save I can just switch it to that mode and resume instantly with little power use in between. It's a brilliant feature.
- Really like the sticks and the face buttons.

The only real negative I have is the shoulder buttons are god awful and feel really cheap. Vita-lite needs to correct this. Another small complaint I have is that I have no use for most of the bubbles that come pre-loaded with the system as it's either social crap that I have no use for (like near) or apps that I can just use on my PC 3 feet away that also runs them better like email, youtube, browser and so on.

It's easily the most impressive handheld I've ever had and the first one that didn't feel like it was meant to be nothing more than a toy. PSP was close to that point too but it was kind of stuck in limbo with the 1 stick and somewhat limited feature set.

edit: On a side note I actually really like the touch screen on this and I don't mind when games use it like the charcoal rubbing in Uncharted. It's the gyro/tilt/motion crap and the rear touchpad I hate.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God damnit. AC:L sequence 7 raft mission. ANYONE who knows how to get full synch on that one? 50% health, only melee + dont swim seems outright impossible.

Jump to the first set quickly, melee kill them. Jump into the trees, kill the others with the whip(IIRC) while praying. Once the raft reaches the second bit, restart checkpoint. Should have full health. Then clear that section out quickly.

Question for the aspect ratio nerds:

This is my first time playing SOTN. What ratio should I use? At the moment I'm using a custom one with it stretched to fill the screen. Does this make me some sort of unwashed heathen? I would like to appreciate the sprite art as intended.

Original or normal. Original if you're a purist like me.

crinale

For the past few weeks Vita's getting constant flow of game announcements.
Now I am more optimistic about this system's future then before :)

For the past few weeks Vita's getting constant flow of game announcements.
Now I am more optimistic about this system's future then before :)

Yup , me too. Just don't count on the big devs like Square Enix and Capcom and expectations should be met. With the successes of games like P4G and ACL you can be sure teams at Atlus and Ubi will have future projects cooking.

Vita will be a platform for unique and niche titles. I am hoping that D3 will bring God Eater 2, and Xseed will bring Ys Celceta though.

zroid

Banned
The thing about Muramasa is it was originally published in the West by UTV Ignition, and that company is kind of a mess right now. It could greatly complicate matters if they don't want to publish it themselves, and I think there's a pretty good chance they won't.

edit: I forgot Disney bought them out earlier this year. That could complicate it even further.
edit2: hmm, so Rising Star published it in Europe. Well that might help, as I believe they have a US division now?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yup , me too. Just don't count on the big devs like Square Enix and Capcom and expectations should be met. With the successes of games like P4G and ACL you can be sure teams at Atlus and Ubi will have future projects cooking.

I CAN HAZ ETERNAL PUNISHMENT LOCALIZATION FOR PSP?

Nocturne port would be nice, since I still haven't started it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Here's the post I made when I was unbanned about the games I played, at least up to that point since I just finished Gravity Rush.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45247695&postcount=455

tl;dr Uncharted and Gravity Rush- really good. Assassin's Creed and PS All Stars- mediocre at their best moments, kinda bad the rest of the time.

I had Vita hardware notes written down but I seem to have lost them so I'll just say what I like really quick.

- The OLED is obviously amazing
- The OS is slick and very responsive. The fact that I can have 5 tabs open and switch instantly between them even when in a game puts the Vita at the top of any console or handheld as far as OS goes right now.
- Same thing with the standby feature. When I'm in a bind for time and can't save I can just switch it to that mode and resume instantly with little power use in between. It's a brilliant feature.
- Really like the sticks and the face buttons.

The only real negative I have is the shoulder buttons are god awful and feel really cheap. Vita-lite needs to correct this. Another small complaint I have is that I have no use for most of the bubbles that come pre-loaded with the system as it's either social crap that I have no use for (like near) or apps that I can just use on my PC 3 feet away that also runs them better like email, youtube, browser and so on.

It's easily the most impressive handheld I've ever had and the first one that didn't feel like it was meant to be nothing more than a toy. PSP was close to that point too but it was kind of stuck in limbo with the 1 stick and somewhat limited feature set.

oh you already posted your impressions (it was early in this thread..I didn't know about it because I didn't know about this thread till yesterday)

glad you are ended liking Gravity Rush (you hated it early on).

Yes,L/R and the damn speakers are total garbage they need to they fix them in the future.

I really hated the PSP I don't think it was any good design wise, that shitty nub killed my enjoyment (same reason why I don't use my 3DS at all since the circle pad is the same garbage),but I play many PSP games on Vita now that they actually playable.

We can only dream. :(

Also, play DDS before Nocturne. It's better.

*high 5*

SMT Digital Devil Saga 1/2:Golden for vita will be freaking amazing (shame that Atlus don't care about Vita and will most likely not release anything on it ever again)

*high 5*

SMT Digital Devil Saga 1/2:Golden for vita will be freaking amazing (shame that Atlus don't care about Vita and will most likely not release anything on it ever again)

What?! I was under the impression that it was the best selling title on the Vita in Japan. Atlus wouldn't abandon a viable source of income on the table, especially if they can just port out some of their PS2 games.

I'd rather a Raidou 2 port myself.

Sid

edit: On a side note I actually really like the touch screen on this and I don't mind when games use it like the charcoal rubbing in Uncharted. It's the gyro/tilt/motion crap and the rear touchpad I hate.
Did you try browsing GAF using the rear touchpad?it's awesome.,you can even browse the web while a game is ruuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom