• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Metalmarc

Fantasy wishlist

GTA
Read Dead Redemption
NHL
NBA
Championship Manager
Assassins Creed 4 vita
Hotline Miami 2
Gran Turismo Vita
COD (made by a different team completley)
Injustice Gods Among us complete edition
Resident Evil Revelations
And Star Wars Battlefront

And going by the ios versions, if they can have it we could have a take on it wish, but it won't happen Anyway

Dead Space
Mirrors Edge
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic
Angry Birds
GTA 3 HD (how hard would it be?)
Mass Effect
UFC

Edit: Top of Page Recommendations for the vita

Gravity Rush
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Hotline Miami

Guys, how do we know if a PSP/PS1 game is not compatible on VITA? What if we purchase it on Web Store/PS3 only to find out that we cannot download it on VITA?

btkadams

Guys, how do we know if a PSP/PS1 game is not compatible on VITA? What if we purchase it on Web Store/PS3 only to find out that we cannot download it on VITA?
bottom left (webstore screenshots). well, i guess it's in the titles too.
F7EH2A5.png

KwrgfZI.png

i'm pretty sure this will only tell you the ones that are "officially" playable on vita, so it's still not that useful. it will at least let you know that a game will definitely play on vita if it's shown.

VanWinkle

I made a video showing how, despite Wii U's OS getting quite a bit faster over the last nine months, it's still so far behind the Vita's gloriously fast OS. Getting Kung Fu Rabbit inspired me to do it since I also have the game on Wii U. This is showing how long it takes to load the game on both platforms and leave the game. When leaving the game, I even gave the Wii U a massive head start by going through all the prompts before I hit the PS button on the Vita.

Vita vs Wii U game load speed test

If we can expect Vita OS speed out of PS4, we will be in VERY good shape.

Sol1dus

The fact that Doodle God is $5 feels like a slap in the face to me. I got it at launch for $1 on iOS and I believe that its free now. Definitely not worth the money if anyone is wondering.

AmanoBuff

bottom left (webstore screenshots). well, i guess it's in the titles too.
F7EH2A5.png

KwrgfZI.png

i'm pretty sure this will only tell you the ones that are "officially" playable on vita, so it's still not that useful. it will at least let you know that a game will definitely play on vita if it's shown.

I don't think that's accurate. Suikoden is not listed as Vita-compatible but it works on the Vita if downloaded and transferred via the PS3.

GAF has lists of all Vita-compatible PSone games here. Not sure how updated they are though.

NA: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789

Europe: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488838

Skyzard

Banned
I made a video showing how, despite Wii U's OS getting quite a bit faster over the last nine months, it's still so far behind the Vita's gloriously fast OS. Getting Kung Fu Rabbit inspired me to do it since I also have the game on Wii U. This is showing how long it takes to load the game on both platforms and leave the game. When leaving the game, I even gave the Wii U a massive head start by going through all the prompts before I hit the PS button on the Vita.

Decent victory, could have been sweeter pre-wiiU system updates :p

I dare you to make a thread. >:)~

Fantasy wishlist

GTA
Read Dead Redemption
NHL
NBA
Championship Manager
Assassins Creed 4 vita
Hotline Miami 2
Gran Turismo Vita

And going by the ios versions, if they can have it we could have a take on it wish, but it won't happen Anyway

Dead Space
Mirrors Edge
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic
Angry Birds
GTA 3 HD (how hard would it be?)
Mass Effect
UFC

Love these even though I've done it a million times, let's go:

GTA/RDR
GT
Trackmania 2
Wipeout (more)
UC 2/GR 2
Infamous
Full batman
Sonic Generations + all the classics
Portal
Mirrors Edge
Alien Hominid
Simcity
Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Grid
Dirt
Blur
Jet Set Radio Future
CoD4
RE4
DMC4
Zeno Clash 1/2
Saints Row
Toy Commander
Trickstyle
Deus EX:HR
Dead Space
Alice in Wonderland
Super Meat Boy
Minecraft
3D dot Hero/cube world
Skyrim
Shattered Horizon
Renegade Ops
Hard Reset
Just Cause 3
Zombie Driver
Torchlight 2
Trine
Psychonauts
Bullet Storm
Hitman
Tony Hawk
SSX
TF2
Mario Galaxy

--also the PDP triggers came. Not the biggest grip to hold onto but not bad and otherwise better than my Nyko-type one and the Hori one, not for hand and thumb positions but overall.

VanWinkle

Decent victory, could have been sweeter pre-wiiU system updates :p

I dare you to make a thread. >:)~

Haha, no, but I am going to post it in the Wii U OS thread. I also made a settings load test video. It's comparable because both system's have the settings in it's own "app" rather than integrated into the OS like PS3 and 360. It's pretty embarrassing.

breakfuss

Is that fair, though? Wouldn't latency b/t table & console be a factor?

Can't you just visit the store on your Vita to see if the game is listed?
Yeh, but i was just thinking that if for dumb reason, we just buy a PSP game thinking it will be compatible with VITA, and it turns out to be the opposite.

Anyways, i do know about the platform listing but i remembered that when PS1 was originally made available for VITA, we had to use PS3 for some games. Seems like the games that required PS3 has decreased now.

DiscoJer

The fact that Doodle God is $5 feels like a slap in the face to me. I got it at launch for $1 on iOS and I believe that its free now. Definitely not worth the money if anyone is wondering.

Watch out, the last time I complained about the Vita/button tax here, I got told to move out of my parent's basement and get a job. (Which doesn't even make sense, since when I didn't have to pay utilities and rent I had a lot more to spend on games).

I don't mind paying a little more, but in many cases, it's a lot more. Like Mystic Chronicles is $14.99, and I think it's $8 on the app store, and I know at least the Android games from Kemco are frequently on sale for much less.

RoKKeR

Fantasy wishlist

GTA
Read Dead Redemption
NHL
NBA
Championship Manager
Assassins Creed 4 vita
Hotline Miami 2
Gran Turismo Vita
What's with the talk of RDR on Vita lately? Clearly it's not happening but I've seen it come up in a few threads now.

btkadams

I don't think that's accurate. Suikoden is not listed as Vita-compatible but it works on the Vita if downloaded and transferred via the PS3.

GAF has lists of all Vita-compatible PSone games here. Not sure how updated they are though.

NA: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789

Europe: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488838

yup! but if those store pages say the game is vita-compatible, it definitely is. that was my point. it's useless for knowing if a game unofficially works through the ps3 though, you're right.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is Vita not powerful enough to play PS2 games? If it is indeed powerful enough, why wouldn't Sony allow PS2 games to be played on it? Because it is literally gonna be my handheld of forever if I can play PS2 games on it.

So I'm going to be looking for some co-op partner's for SH:BoM.
When I finish Unit 13 shortly, I'll begin the game and grind to level 13 character so I can manage the achievements that require the full lobby in one go. But I'm still going to need 3 people to party up with.

Also, I think I'd like to finish up some of the LBP Vita coop achievements -- I need to do the majority of the levels that require co-op to get the prize bubbles and I wouldn't mind getting 4 people together to get some of the other competitive achievements either.
Send me a FR or let me know on here/PSN if you're already on my list and want to be involved in either of these efforts.

Guevara

What's with the talk of RDR on Vita lately? Clearly it's not happening but I've seen it come up in a few threads now.

pure fantasy. I get it though, it's the best thing R* has done in years and I have gotten plenty of GTA ______ Stories games.

RoKKeR

pure fantasy. I get it though, it's the best thing R* has done in years and I have gotten plenty of GTA ______ Stories games.

So I figured.

It's one of my favorite games of all time. A quality open world title would be great. Liberation is not a quality open world title.

Skyzard

Banned
Haha, no, but I am going to post it in the Wii U OS thread. I also made a settings load test video. It's comparable because both system's have the settings in it's own "app" rather than integrated into the OS like PS3 and 360. It's pretty embarrassing.

To be honest I thought it was a lot worse but yeah that the Vita would beat it is bad in itself.

I read someone post about Nintendo diversifying with products and one idea was a Nintendo phone...oh man.

Will prepare snacks and browse reactions in the wii u thread ;0)

ZeroAKA

It seems that the Japanese digital version of Dragon's Crown takes up only 1.1 GB of space on the Vita and 1.5 GB on the PS3. Vanillaware must be working some magic to get such pretty games down to tiny sizes.

Is Vita not powerful enough to play PS2 games? If it is indeed powerful enough, why wouldn't Sony allow PS2 games to be played on it? Because it is literally gonna be my handheld of forever if I can play PS2 games on it.
I don't think it is powerful enough. Even if we do get PS2 emulation on VITA, it won't be perfect, only a limited library will be playable.

It seems that the Japanese digital version of Dragon's Crown takes up only 1.1 GB of space on the Vita and 1.5 GB on the PS3. Vanillaware must be working some magic to get such pretty games down to tiny sizes.
Textures being on lower resolution can also help with size. It is 720p on PS3 but do we have the resolution for it on VITA. I hope it is native res of VITA.

AmanoBuff

Nice to know that.

I read on the Muaramasa Vita thread that hand-drawn games have the advantage of taking little space.

Afrit

Watch out, the last time I complained about the Vita/button tax here, I got told to move out of my parent's basement and get a job. (Which doesn't even make sense, since when I didn't have to pay utilities and rent I had a lot more to spend on games).

I don't mind paying a little more, but in many cases, it's a lot more. Like Mystic Chronicles is $14.99, and I think it's $8 on the app store, and I know at least the Android games from Kemco are frequently on sale for much less.

I blame ESRB & PEGI, also.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wishlist:
- SimCity
- The Sims
- Rollercoaster Tycoon
- Final Fantasy type-0
- Suikoden
- Breath of Fire
- Star Ocean (a port of 3 will be dandy)
- Silent Hill 2 and 3

Muramasa Rebirth is around 450mb, and it's just as big as Hotline Miami.

Just a head's up, the Atlus games are still on sale. Maybe, they will last for a month or so. Will definitely pick Growlancer now.

Also it seems to me that Sony is heavily promoting Draw Slasher. It even has its own selection in the "Weekly Deals" column on Web Store.

AmanoBuff

Wishlist:
- SimCity
- The Sims
- Rollercoaster Tycoon
- Final Fantasy type-0
- Suikoden
- Breath of Fire
- Star Ocean (a port of 3 will be dandy)
- Silent Hill 2 and 3

Muramasa Rebirth is around 450mb, and it's just as big as Hotline Miami.

Wow, so many wishlists. Ok I cave in, here's mine (stealing some ideas from ULTROS :p ):

[hype]

- FF Type-0
- Crisis Core HD
- Original Vita Suikoden
- Silent Hill HD Collection for Vita (Done the right way this time)
- A port of Resident Evil gamecube
- PSO 2
- Vagrant Story 2
- FF Tactics 2
- Skies of Arcadia HD
- Valkyrie Chronicles 3
- Original Metal Gear
- Patapon Vita
- GTA Vita
- Gran Turismo Vita

[/hype]

My wishlist:

- PSO2 localization (OMG PLEASE!)
- The Sims 4 Vita (I'd even take a port of any of the first three)
- Demon Souls Portable (broken up levels with Soul Sacrifice's co-op structure = life over)
- DOA5 Ultimate Sigma Plus
- An open world adventure game in any series, for chrissakes

Portable of the forever if 2014 delivers the above.

Sol1dus

EDF 2017 at 23.99, is it time to jump in?

That's pretty steep for a game that even diehard fans question sometimes. At least for me.

Yeah just a personal opinion. But tbh its literally a waste of money because that game gives you nothing that a touchscreen doesn't. No buttons are needed for it.

So I just picked up Persona 4 Golden.

I am only a few hours in but this game is great.

Any tips that I should be aware of?

Control the AI, have fun the first time and don't worry about social links as much, do everything perfect the 2nd time. Yukiko is best Waifu, and make sure to grind a lot if you are playing higher than Normal, go out as much as possible at night and enjoy the interactions between characters.

Most of all... HAVE FUN! Very good game, best Vita ported game since launch IMHO.

krpiper

Control the AI, have fun the first time and don't worry about social links as much, do everything perfect the 2nd time. Yukiko is best Waifu, and make sure to grind a lot if you are playing higher than Normal, go out as much as possible at night and enjoy the interactions between characters.

Most of all... HAVE FUN! Very good game, best Vita ported game since launch IMHO.

I'm playing on normal, how much grinding is needed? Is it like, same level as the bosses? Or. Few above?

I haven't really played a lot of JRPGs before but the setting is so much more compelling than the typical JRPG

Lemstar

How long does Muramasa Rebirth take to finish? I found a used copy at GameStop today, and I'd like to have some frame of reference as to better budget my time.

So I just picked up Persona 4 Golden.

I am only a few hours in but this game is great.

Any tips that I should be aware of?

Don't get too attached to your personas and try to keep them leveled; fuse constantly.
Soda from the vending machine in the shopping district replenishes SP and is restocked every week.
Check either the P4G OT or the Persona OT.
Edit: Recommended level goes up by about 10 for every boss - ~15 for the Castle, ~25 for the Sauna, ~35 for the Club, and so on. There's a bonus boss available in the previous dungeon whenever a new one opens up; killing them before you tackle the next boss should keep you more than adequately leveled. You don't need to go out of your way to grind.

I'm playing on normal, how much grinding is needed? Is it like, same level as the bosses? Or. Few above?

I haven't really played a lot of JRPGs before but the setting is so much more compelling than the typical JRPG

Yeah the setting is probably one of the best takes on the Japanese lifestyle and the combat is fun.

You will be good on combat on Normal mode. To be on the safe side, you can go through the previous dungeon once or twice after you cleared it to beat more monsters and get more experience and Personas. Part of the fun is finding things out on your own. Just save often before dungeons and multiple files on hand if you get stuck and you should be good. Have fun and enjoy! :)

Top Bottom