• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Bleh, typical overreaction and misreading of the situation from you. Let's forget for a sec the demographic of the poll (a majority were old people you can't expect to be too interested in gaming), the fact is PS4 hasn't had too many Japanese games announced for it, so it's not surprising if it has yet to grab the attention of the gaming public. The only major Japanese games announced are Kingdom Hearts III and FFXV (I'm leaving MGS5 out since it's a cross-gen title) and who knows when those will be out, so they aren't really enough to garner interest for the console at this point.

And if there's one thing you should learn about polls it's that they are highly dependand on the timing, in addition to the demographic you ask. Famitsu might poll the most anticipated games right now and come to a conclusion that people are expecting some soon-to-be-released Atelier game more than FFXV, yet we can be sure which one will outsell the other, like, 10+ to 1.

Both WiiU and Vita topped Famitsu most wanted polls prior to release iirc, we know how that turned out.

ReaperXL7

Im buying the shit out of this. I hate to turn my rig on to play this game...feel like im waiting energy lol.

Also wish 3D Dot Game Heroes came to Vita.

We dont know anything about it, but the devs that made 3D dot heroes did say they were making a game for Vita. We dont know what it is though, I really would love a sequel, or similar game from them on Vita.

Kind of wish System Prism would do a Cladun 3 for it aswell since X2 is fantastic.

Sol1dus

We dont know anything about it, but the devs that made 3D dot heroes did say they were making a game for Vita. We dont know what it is though, I really would love a sequel, or similar game from them on Vita.

Kind of wish System Prism would do a Cladun 3 for it aswell since X2 is fantastic.

Couldn't get into Clad 1. The leveling system was super complex. Recently redownloaded though because the music is superb.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
3D Dot Heroes would be nice on Vita (and probably PS+)

IP owners is From Software who don't care about handhelds at all (and sadly becoming a one IP company)

Developer is Silicon Studio,the studio will most make Bravely Default sequels for SE instead of porting/working on a dead ip.

so yeah :(

LQX

Wanted to recommend a case for fellow gaffers in the market for a case. Those who had the Logitech clear hard case for the PSP will love this case.

It is the Crystal Hard Case. It has has opening in the back for the touch pad and nothing covering the front. Feels flimsy when the Vita is not in it but once on it feels great. Whats also great is that it looks like it would easily fit in a pouch as it does not add much bulk at all.

The white Vita looks awesome in it.
IMG_2446.jpg
IMG_2440.jpg

I paid like $6 for it and it came with another case and screen protectors. Here is the one with just the case...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Hard-...eo_Game_Accessory_Bundles&hash=item460af94541

This is okay right?? The general Vita thread is closed

ReaperXL7

IP owners is From Software who don't care about handhelds at all (and sadly becoming a one IP company)

Developer is Silicon Studio,the studio will most make Bravely Default sequels for SE instead of porting/working on a dead ip.

so yeah :(

Silicon Studio already confirmed they were working on a Vita game.

I remember you said you were going to take a break from developing games after 3D Dot Game Heroes, but then I saw Bravely Default with Silicon Studio’s logo on it. That was a surprise. Are you developing any more games? 

TT: Yes, but I can’t tell you what those are. We have one 3DS title, a PS3 title and a Vita title is also coming.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/1...ovided-tech-for-square-enixs-luminous-engine/

Interview was in may, so your suggesting Braverly Default is coming to Vita?

Massa

PSA: rebuilding the database in recovery mode doesn't fix getting stuck on the download screen. It does reset all your live area activity and bubble arrengements though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/1...ovided-tech-for-square-enixs-luminous-engine/

huh interesting interview, thanks for posting.

well not Braverly Default since Nintendo went on got a publishing deal on that, and I doubt that SE will want it on Vita.

my guess is a new game, not BD or BD2 (that most likely the 3DS one) and not 3DdotHeroes, going with their answer I'd say maybe it is a PS3/Vita cross game (SCEJ published owned ip like their games with Level-5).

I really did not like 3D Dot Heroes. I would hope for something else to come to Vita instead. Everyone else seemed to like it, but it just didn't click for me. :\

54? http://youtu.be/-eKacqXhJhI

EDIT:

Hi gaffers...

I have received a preview code for this today

I'm under NDA so I can't say anything about it... I only say that it's graphically stunning and that the screens that were showed till today are not bullshots...

Can you at least tell me how you got it? I'm on Guerilla's press list if that helps.

I asked this before and don't believe I got a response. I was playing Paint Park Plus (or whatever it's called) and wanted to collect all the trophies, so I went into ad hoc mode to get the last two. But since I did that my Vita refuses to reconnect to my wifi connection. Any idea how to fix this?

Aytrial

I asked this before and don't believe I got a response. I was playing Paint Park Plus (or whatever it's called) and wanted to collect all the trophies, so I went into ad hoc mode to get the last two. But since I did that my Vita refuses to reconnect to my wifi connection. Any idea how to fix this?

Have you tried some basic troubleshooting like fully powering down the Vita and also resetting your Wi-Fi settings? Though not exactly the same problem, sometimes the PSN Store refuses to connect and I have to do a full reboot of my Vita.

RoKKeR

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's the word with those KZM beta invites? If you didn't get one you're SOL?

Edit: In response to the above, wow, still can't believe the visuals of this game.

Have you tried some basic troubleshooting like fully powering down the Vita and also resetting your Wi-Fi settings? Though not exactly the same problem, sometimes the PSN Store refuses to connect and I have to do a full reboot of my Vita.

Well I've turned it off and on, but it didn't have any effect. I don't know what you mean by resetting the wifi settings though.

Aytrial

Well I've turned it off and on, but it didn't have any effect. I don't know what you mean by resetting the wifi settings though.

If you go into your Vita's Wi-Fi settings, delete the existing access point and then add it back in. You could also try resetting your router's settings.

zulux21

from has always been mostly a one IP company, with the souls series they have two bigger IPs, that and AC.
(the first person who thinks AC means asscreed is going to make me so sad @_@)

Aytrial

from has always been mostly a one IP company, with the souls series they have two bigger IPs, that and AC.
(the first person who thinks AC means asscreed is going to make me so sad @_@)

But Assassin's Creed is done by Ubisoft, not From Software.

Hur hur.

Yopis

That KZ footage deserves a new thread imo.

The same ten clowns will show up and scream, Its on a small screen for 15 pages. After that 5 more pages of Ios is king and Vita is dead. Finally 1 page of ( why can't It be bitesize ) Every Vita thread is the same on gaf.

Day one regardless.

Skyzard

Banned
I think that trailer is actually from E3.

Yep, I don't think I got round to watching it after they didn't show it during the presentation lol.

The same ten clowns will show up and scream, Its on a small screen for 15 pages. After that 5 more pages of Ios is king and Vita is dead. Finally 1 page of ( why can't It be bitesize ) Every Vita thread is the same on gaf.

Day one regardless.

Only one heckler this time :) Day one indeed.

Sol1dus

LQX, I like it. Might get one of those myself. Though it won't look as good cause I have the black vita. :p

And congratulations BlueMaxima! Always enjoy your videos.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyB8CSgEFuw

think this KZM trailer has some new footage in it

:O

This is absolutely amazing, did Cambridge unlocked a hidden PS3 chip inside the Vita? Liverpool (RIP) with Wipeout 2048 and now Cambridge with KZM show what a "console" first party studio can do with Vita, sadly we don't get them on Vita. (imagine what ND, SP,PD or SSM can do on that poor thing)

anyway, I think Sony really need to license this engine to third party developers(who want to make games on Vita).

Sid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyB8CSgEFuw

think this KZM trailer has some new footage in it
Dayum! I wonder if they sacrificed on the scale of the levels to achieve this quality.

Hi gaffers...

5uQq489.jpg

I'm under NDA so I can't say anything about it... I only say that it's graphically stunning and that the screens that were showed till today are not bullshots...
If you can,how's the IQ and framerate?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Seeing videos of that Cytus game makes me wish Namco would make a new Taiko game for Vita. I love the visual style of that game, it's made for touchscreen too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dayum! I wonder if they sacrificed on the scale of the levels to achieve this quality.

I hope it didn't get any downgrade in image quality (it supposed to be native res iirc).

Seeing videos of that Cytus game makes me wish Namco would make a new Taiko game for Vita. I love the visual style of that game, it's made for touchscreen too.

Namco didn't even put something as obvious as Pacman CE on Vita :(

I'm making assumptions here, but based on the bold stuff in the quoted posts from true Gek below, I think the IQ is high and the framerate is good. :)

I can't share screenshots or talk about the game... Hum I think that I can told you that the framerate is stable and not shitty as in the trailers.

Anyone know where or if I can get a Vita sized game case? I bought the Assassins Creed Bundle because it was the only white one Amazon had in stock and the game came in this stupid plastic insert.

It's driving me crazy. I want to buy a regular blue game case and print out some box art somewhere.

a4jijPr.png

Just go to a nearby GameStop and ask for a case. They have spare Vita cases and some of them are blue. They probably won't make a fuss about it if you ask for one. Just say you made a purchase earlier and didn't get a case for the used game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hi gaffers...

5uQq489.jpg

I want preview codes too :(

Another day, another HD re-release skipping Vita.

Isn't portable Soul Calibur 2 just the most obvious thing ever? Broken Destiny was a PS+ release for Chrissakes

:-(
The more would the better obviously, but i'm not sad because:
1)it's only ps360, so vita it's not the only one excluded
2)vita needs exclusives, not multi-port
3)for some reason i'm convinced that a new soul calibur(and a multi or improved port of some tekken) will be announced sooner or later.

Come on guys.....just give me a date already.
Yeah i want it :(

Im buying the shit out of this. I hate to turn my rig on to play this game...feel like im waiting energy lol.

Also wish 3D Dot Game Heroes came to Vita.
3d dot game heroes was not that good, (an exclusive)demon's souls or even (an exclusive)armored core would be better than it.

Whatever it is the more the better :) (but i hope it's exclusive and not multi with ps3 or even worse with 3ds :\ ).

I really recommend you that game, if you like rhythm games, is a little gem of PSM, I have it and is fun and it has a good selection of music.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hi gaffers...

5uQq489.jpg

Oh man only now i noticed the "continua", Are you an italian gaffer right? For what magazine/site do you work for?

Top Bottom