• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

ZeroAKA

Based on yesterday's conversation (about game value and waiting for stuff to depreciate), what are some games you hope come to the instant game collection down the line?
Sonic Racing Transformed
EDF 2017 Portable
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dynasty Warriors Next (have this physically, but I'd love to get rid of my cart already)

Edit: I haven't been at the top of the page in a while! Go buy Muramasa Rebirth and Atelier Totori Plus.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Doesn't look like it's been posted in here.

Super Icon Games are working on Life of Pixel 2 for Vita/PS4

The first one is on PSMobile. It's really fun but was held back a bit by the plaftorm.

Looks like the sequel is going to be much larger in scope, covering far more platforms and having a huge amount more levels. Should be great.

http://www.lifeofpixel.co.uk/pixel2/
Life of a pixel was a very bad game level design-wise, i hope they have learned something.
Amiga 500 is in the game...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so going with the other thread, it seems like no one in japan care about PS4. and as we know the SCE Japan Studio is focusing on PS4/3 more than handhelds....

I guess this is Allen Becker right now.

9F6xzXC.gif

ReaperXL7

so going with the other thread, it seems like no one in japan care about PS4. and as we know the SCE Japan Studio is focusing on PS4/3 more than handhelds....

I guess this is Allen Becker right now.

9F6xzXC.gif

How many PS4 games have been announced for the Japanese audience, is it releasing in 2014 there? Gotta be hard to get excited for a console that has very little information for your region so far. I kind of get the feeling the Japanese audience wont really care about Killzone, and Watchdogs.

Octodad might be right up their alley though.

jwk94

Doesn't look like it's been posted in here.

Super Icon Games are working on Life of Pixel 2 for Vita/PS4

The first one is on PSMobile. It's really fun but was held back a bit by the plaftorm.

Looks like the sequel is going to be much larger in scope, covering far more platforms and having a huge amount more levels. Should be great.

http://www.lifeofpixel.co.uk/pixel2/
Wait, the tweet indicates that he's bringing it to the PS4, but the site states it's exclusive to Vita?

Got the first one and it was mildly enjoyable. Glad they can get a second shot and fix what was wrong with it.

Based on yesterday's conversation (about game value and waiting for stuff to depreciate), what are some games you hope come to the instant game collection down the line?

For me-

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Army Corps of Hell
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dead of Alive 5+

Wishful thinking for some but these are games I am interested in coming to the service.

Resistance Burning Skies
Unit 13
Hot Shots Golf
Virtua Tennis

Got the first one and it was mildly enjoyable. Glad they can get a second shot and fix what was wrong with it.

For me-

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Army Corps of Hell
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dead of Alive 5+

Wishful thinking for some but these are games I am interested in coming to the service.

Hmm i wouldn't mind any of those

Assassin Creed
DOA5+
both SF games
LKS
Call of Duty
Dokuro
Sound Shapes
Farming Simulator ;p
NGS2+
Jak collection
Sumioni
Battle Royale
Guacameele (altrough it would be nice for one see croosbuy game occupy PS3 slot in plus)
Epic Mickey 2

Sol1dus

I fell like Reaistance would have done really well had it been priced at $15 to $20 at launch.

I bough it for $30 because I had no self control. :x

Hmm i wouldn't mind any of those

Assassin Creed
DOA5+
both SF games
LKS
Call of Duty
Dokuro
Sound Shapes
Farming Simulator ;p
NGS2+
Jak collection
Sumioni
Battle Royale
Guacameele (altrough it would be nice for one see croosbuy game occupy PS3 slot in plus)
Epic Mickey 2

What's SF?

Sol1dus

Oh gotcha. I got Alpha 3 last summer and I don't understand it. The combo menu has LK+HP=blah blah and all that stuff. Why can't they jut use the actual button symbols for it?

Makes it harder for me and I already suck at fighting games.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh gotcha. I got Alpha 3 last summer and I don't understand it. The combo menu has LK+HP=blah blah and all that stuff. Why can't they jut use the actual button symbols for it?

Fight sticks and lazyness.

Low Kick+High Punch (LK+HP)

Lemstar

I think I put just under 20 hours into it to get the 'true' ending.
I don't think it was that long - I used a solution-free flowchart to get all the endings and finished with a total time of ~14 hours, and only going for the true ending would lop a few more of those off.

a lot of people use different placements for buttons in fighting games. if you've ever watched a tournament, there is always something called a "button check" before a match to make sure that not only buttons are working, but assigned as the player sees fit.

fighting games are notorious for letting you assign each and every button to a command in the game. i wish EVERY game did this...

like I was Retro City Rampage this week. How much better would that be to make a dual stick shooter with the triggers being shoot and jump?

Sol1dus

TeIw6Gc.jpg

and the original comment.
LpukRpx.jpg

The lesson we learn here is: don't put idiots represent your company on the internet.

Ass. (Him not you.)

Fight sticks and lazyness.

Low Kick+High Punch (LK+HP)

Yeah I just put that as an example. I get what they stand for it just makes it harder to memorize stuff when you can just look at the buttons game looks gorgeous on the Vita's screen though.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah I just put that as an example. I get what they stand for it just makes it harder to memorize stuff when you can just look at the buttons game looks gorgeous on the Vita's screen though.

I know what you mean, takes me a while too.

It's pretty ugly on Vita tbh, compared to SFxT anyway. But at least the gameplay is classic.

SFxT has pretty cool customisation for buttons but 6 button fighters aren't the easiest on Vita.

Sol1dus

a lot of people use different placements for buttons in fighting games. if you've ever watched a tournament, there is always something called a "button check" before a match to make sure that not only buttons are working, but assigned as the player sees fit.

fighting games are notorious for letting you assign each and every button to a command in the game. i wish EVERY game did this...

like I was Retro City Rampage this week. How much better would that be to make a dual stick shooter with the triggers being shoot and jump?

That would been great for any twin stick shooter. And if no jump button then the other trigger should be used for weapon change or grenades.

lets make a game :p

That would been great for any twin stick shooter. And if no jump button then the other trigger should be used for weapon change or grenades.

lets make a game :p

jump in that game at least is crucial for dodging or smashing enemies. i'm perfectly fine with taking my hand off of an analog for switching weapons, etc.

it just seems so easy to be able to completely remap control schemes to what a players deems necessary. a ton of PC games have this

i've played through enough games in my 31 years of existence that things like this just don't seem logical.

going back to retro city, the lock-on in that game is pretty terrible. the dual analogs force you to auto-fire non-stop. being able to map fire onto a shoulder button and give you more control of your shots just makes sense.

i haven't made a game since i used to program in pascal and c++. I forget almost all the java i learned some 10 years ago

Sol1dus

jump in that game at least is crucial for dodging or smashing enemies. i'm perfectly fine with taking my hand off of an analog for switching weapons, etc.

it just seems so easy to be able to completely remap control schemes to what a players deems necessary. a ton of PC games have this

i've played through enough games in my 31 years of existence that things like this just don't seem logical.

going back to retro city, the lock-on in that game is pretty terrible. the dual analogs force you to auto-fire non-stop. being able to map fire onto a shoulder button and give you more control of your shots just makes sense.

i haven't made a game since i used to program in pascal and c++. I forget almost all the java i learned some 10 years ago

I remember getting a 'Thrustmaster' wireless controller for the Wii and it let me map any button I wanted to wherever. Loved it.

EDF I'll accept, but you guys waiting for Sonic Racing Transformed should be ashamed :p
+1 to this. It's reasonably prized compared to its value. It was $26 dollars when i brought it and i enjoyed every minute of it.

As for what I'd like to see on PS+

* SFxT
* UMvC 3
* Guacamelee
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted
* Rayman Origins (Or just give it in sale for like $5 before Legends)
* Atelier Meruru Plus

Skyzard

Banned
+1 to this. It's reasonably prized compared to its value. It was $26 dollars when i brought it and i enjoyed every minute of it.

As for what I'd like to see on PS+

* SFxT
* UMvC 3
* Guacamelee
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted
* Rayman Origins (Or just give it in sale for like $5 before Legends)
* Atelier Meruru Plus

...Bro... :p

Massa

Question for the Soul Sacrifice experts here.

The few weapon upgrades I've done mostly give more uses for a weapon, but the enemies I'm facing now are tougher to beat. This has meant that fights take a long time and all 6 powers are nearly exhausted by the end - can't say this is much fun.

So what's the trick to beating enemies as you progress through the game? I feel like I'm completely missing something - and I probably am, I'm sleepy most of the time I play the game. :)

cyborg009

Banned

The few weapon upgrades I've done mostly give more uses for a weapon, but the enemies I'm facing now are tougher to beat. This has meant that fights take a long time and all 6 powers are nearly exhausted by the end - can't say this is much fun.

So what's the trick to beating enemies as you progress through the game? I feel like I'm completely missing something - and I probably am, I'm sleepy most of the time I play the game. :)

Are you playing story mode? or the pacts?

First three upgrades give more uses then 4th one increases dmg.

Sol1dus

First of all find out the weaknesses of whoever it is you're fighting (especially bosses). Then make sure you use their weakness against them and then that weakness' weakness in order to do a even greater damage. (If they're burning, hit them with ice to send them backwards).

Also, grinding a few maps here and there gives you rewards that you can combine and get more uses from your offerings.

:/

Graphically it's a very bad looking game,low poly models, blurry textures, flat lighting and awful environments, why can't MonHun games have good/decent graphics?

xODBHDg.jpg

lol, what with this horrible dust/dirt effect here?

I expected more from SCE Japan Studio.

Are you going to sell your Vita, bitch about the game and then rebuy the vita and realize the game is actually fun?

Just picking on you. ;)

true Gek

Hi gaffers...

I have received a preview code for this today

5uQq489.jpg

I'm under NDA so I can't say anything about it... I only say that it's graphically stunning and that the screens that were showed till today are not bullshots...

eliochip

Hi gaffers...

I have received a preview code for this today

5uQq489.jpg

I'm under NDA so I can't say anything about it... I only say that it's graphically stunning and that the screens that were showed till today are not bullshots...

Does that say "Unit 13" on the upper right?

Top Bottom