• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

ReaperXL7

humble bundle talks with game makers about including their games in a bundle.
steam allows those game makers to create a ton of codes for their games to do what they want with them
they hand those keys over to humble bundle and those are what are sold during the bundle.

I imagine when sony said it was open to the idea of humble bundles they really just meant indie bundles and focusing on them, as while sony is making good strides towards a more flexible pricing scheme, I still have a had time believing they really can accept a pay what you want model for games instead of just bundling them together and calling it a humble bundle and charging the price of the games combined minus 50%

I was under the impression that they had already confirmed that indie devs could price their games however they wanted? I mean I can understand being skepticle about things until they happen, but lying seems like it would really hurt all of the progress they have made with many of these devs.

Unless Humble Bundles would be outside of normal self publishing. Im not a dev, or anything so I can only really see one side of it, and thats what Sony is saying publicly. Allot of indies seem to love the "new" Sony though.

Top of the page:

Buy Hotline Miami
Tokyo Jungle Mobile,
And EDF while its on sale!

Random thought of the day:
I want an Ape Escape game on Vita. The one on PS2 (ape escape 3?) I remember being quite fun and I think the Vita would be perfect for it. Ape Escape had a few PSP games so a Vita one can't be THAT unrealistic.
Anybody else wanna see an Ape Escape comeback?

Any reviews on that PSP RPG by Natsume that was just added to PSN? Mystic Chronicles?

I want an Ape Escape game on Vita. The one on PS2 (ape escape 3?) I remember being quite fun and I think the Vita would be perfect for it. Ape Escape had a few PSP games so a Vita one can't be THAT unrealistic.

I would be all over this, unfortunately it looks like Ape Escape is one of those abandoned franchises.

Skyzard

Banned

Yes but with hover boards and mutant monkeys as well as the traditional stuff.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Maybe it's because I'm a 4GB space scavenger but I'll never understand this type of hoarding. I'd go crazy trying to get around 100 games.

I understand what you mean.

With that said:

I have a 32GB card, about 35+ games installed on the system, and still have 2.5gigs free. I honestly have no idea why I have so many games on my system, because, out of that 35+, I think I only play 3 or 4 regularly. I should have just kept the 8gig I had, honestly. But PS+ is killing me right now. Lol.

I'm about to start up Persona 4 again so I can complete it and then I'll probably delete that from my Vita (fricking love the game, though).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Yeah, Ape Escape series is great, I loved Ape Escape 2.

however, a series revival is impossible right now without a new developers handling it, because the original team is gone (they left SCE Japan Studio after Million Monkeys, and director of 2/3 is with Capcom now) you only have the soulless robots who made the move game at Japan Studio now, so Sony need to hire someone talnted like Sanzaru Games but I'm not sure if SCEJ is courage enough to do something like that.

zulux21

I was under the impression that they had already confirmed that indie devs could price their games however they wanted? I mean I can understand being skepticle about things until they happen, but lying seems like it would really hurt all of the progress they have made with many of these devs.

Unless Humble Bundles would be outside of normal self publishing. Im not a dev, or anything so I can only really see one side of it, and thats what Sony is saying publicly. Allot of indies seem to love the "new" Sony though.

Top of the page:

Buy Hotline Miami
Tokyo Jungle Mobile,
And EDF while its on sale!

we will have to see how things actually play out when the ps4 actually come out... sony can promise more control all they want, but that doesn't mean they will deliver... I mean heck they still can't deliver a store update at a semi regular time yet :/

we will have to see how things actually play out when the ps4 actually come out... sony can promise more control all they want, but that doesn't mean they will deliver... I mean heck they still can't deliver a store update at a semi regular time yet :/
The store updates when the content is ready. They could probably easily move to a fixed update time by delaying the update until Wednesday. But would you want them to?

Metalmarc

VUsZeel.png

The thirst is real
lol.gif

Ahhahha ha ha ah haaa haa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

...oh wait they just announced a new stryder at comic con suddenly this aint so funny

EDIT: FORGET IT I WAS WRONG STRYDER IS NOT FOR THE VITA

zulux21

The store updates when the content is ready. They could probably easily move to a fixed update time by delaying the update until Wednesday. But would you want them to?

absolutely, If it would mean that the store would update at the same time every week they could move it to friday for all I care.

The huge update window is a complete joke given that other digital providers (steam and microsoft for example) can handle updating their stores at around the same time all the time.

to be fair it's not just the store update that makes me question their stuff.
how many games still aren't properly up on the vita store even though you can transfer and play them just fine from the ps3?
how long has the vita store been messed up now?
why can't we purchase stuff on sale that has hour long trails or that have been purchased for free through ps+?

The whole thing is just a huge bag of incompetence on sony's part and leaves me with serious doubt that they will move even halfway as forward as they are promising.

ReaperXL7

Been saying that ages ago...Takao too

anyways Freedom wars scans came out and it looks nice.

Yeah I knew that, Capcom has been doing almost anything it can to distance itself from the platform. They are not about to throw any support behind it.

As for the scans I agree, Freedom wars is looking cool, but I wish I knew japanese. It looks like there is a person traped inside one of the monsters that you have to fight. Interested in getting info from the article.

Pachimari

I have to admit that the focus on indie titles and the great Nintendo titles on 3DS have made me use my 3DS only for the least couple of weeks. Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D Land and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Just wonderful games.

But now I'm thinking of getting MGS and/or the Bandicoot games on sale.

Anyway, are any of you still playing Virtua Tennis 4 online?

Did you play 999 first? I got VLR from PS+ but haven't gotten around to it yet since I've yet to play 999.

Never played 999. I think you can get by without it. The two are clearly related, but they seem to make enough backstory references so that you don't need to actually play it to get what's going on.

Prismo

Neo Member
to be fair it's not just the store update that makes me question their stuff.
how many games still aren't properly up on the vita store even though you can transfer and play them just fine from the ps3?
how long has the vita store been messed up now?
why can't we purchase stuff on sale that has hour long trails or that have been purchased for free through ps+?

The whole thing is just a huge bag of incompetence on sony's part and leaves me with serious doubt that they will move even halfway as forward as they are promising.

I'm still waiting for Valkyria Chronicles II and Jeanne d'Arc to show up on the Vita store. The fact that this convoluted bullshit of transferring games from the PS3 seems to have been adopted by Sony as an excuse for them not doing something as simple as adding games that already work to the store is infuriating.

Sol1dus

I'm still waiting for Valkyria Chronicles II and Jeanne d'Arc to show up on the Vita store. The fact that this convoluted bullshit of transferring games from the PS3 seems to have been adopted by Sony as an excuse for them not doing something as simple as adding games that already work to the store is infuriating.

I still remember when all of us were waiting for PS1 support last year. Then PSM to release. Agonizing.

Tsunamo

I would absolutely love a new mainline Ape Escape. I love the original (was one of my favorite PS1 games as a kid) I love Ape Escape 2 and I love Ape Escape 3. (although the spin-offs not so much)

With that said though I don't think it'll happen so I'd settle for HD/Vita remasters of 2, 3 and Million Monkeys.
Which also probably wont happen :(
edit:nvm
new video soon?
Looks like it. The game hasn't had much shown past its initial reveal, so here's hoping it shows off some gameplay.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How much will Chaos Rings be?

EMT0

Banned
Surprised it wasn't on already on your radar. I know that I can basically recognize every Vita game announced at this point. It comes with being a part of Vitagaf; every announcement is worth cherishing

:(

VanWinkle

Shame Stryder isn't coming to Vita. Not surprised or anything; it just is unfortunate. At least I'll still be able to play it at home through Remote Play. That's where I do the bulk of my Vita gaming anyway.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm cautious coz Double Helix is the developer.

Aren't a lot of their games buggy and inefficient?

LuchaShaq

Banned

Yes, but I would be shocked if that didn't turn into LOL GCT just a day later.

It's insane that Sony can get their shit together in Japan/EU but can't do anything but trip over themselves with NA updates.

Top Bottom