• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Skyzard

Banned
9295232191_4f6ac21335_o.png
So not a completely new Worms game, but still cool.

Tbh I wanted to enjoy the recent 2 steam games and they were made very well but I just can't be bothered for that turn based stuff when I could be played BF3, TF2, SC2 etc.

On Vita, it would so fun! Nice that it's coming this year.

From the EU summer sale topic:

Machinarium (PS Vita): Was €5.99, now €2.99 (save 50%)
A-Men (PS Vita): Was €7.99, now €2.99 (save 67%)

Extra 10% for PS+ members

Grabbing Machinarium both at that price, thanks.

Dragon's Crown is confirmed for Europe this fall, NISA being the savior. I'm importing then.

Saves me from importing, hopefully the delay won't be too long...

Ono acknowledges demand for Vita port of Ultra SF4:

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/357312815331147776

As long as they don't gimp blanka's moves with stupid giveaways and delays then I'll grab this too if it comes out - nice to see many people asking for a Vita version though.

Shoyz

Dragon's Dogma Quest is the PlayStation equivalent of a Nintendo testwhere no matter what we lose. If it's a success Capcom will only release shitty phone games on Vita. If it fails Vita will never see another game from them.

Well anybody that truly cares about the game is just going to play it on Mobiles first, I can't see it doing anything on Vita anymore.

$h@d0w

He clearly meant to say Metal Gear instead of Metal Slug, Bluepoint did the HD versions of that and Armature did the Vita port in collaboration with Bluepoint.

Pretty sure he didn't mean Metal Slug.

That makes sense, but the idea of Metal Slug HD would be wild.

Saying most PSM games are released worldwide shows how little people know about PSM. Unless worldwide means Japan and US

Places other than JP and US exist? :3

--

I think I'd only go for SF4Ultra on Vita if it pulled a SFxT and gave me the $15 update on PS3 and supported cross-play.

zulux21

for people who can order from new egg in here it's not a huge savings but
Ys: Memories of Celceta can be ordered for $35.99 with promo code EMCXNWM92
and
Demon Gaze can be ordered for $35.99 with promo code EMCXNWM89

Shinriji

for people who can order from new egg in here it's not a huge savings but
Ys: Memories of Celceta can be ordered for $35.99 with promo code EMCXNWM92
and
Demon Gaze can be ordered for $35.99 with promo code EMCXNWM89

Gonna wait for the eventual $10 off on all preorders.

Shinriji

they haven't had those since like novemember... while they were great deals I don't think they ended up doing what they wanted them to do, thus why we just get promo codes off select games now.

That's true. But there is a long time until the release date, so better deals could come up.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the EU summer sale topic:

Machinarium (PS Vita): Was €5.99, now €2.99 (save 50%)
A-Men (PS Vita): Was €7.99, now €2.99 (save 67%)

Extra 10% for PS+ members

Will grab machinarium for sure(if i have some money).

Imo a-men is a good puzzle game ala lost viking, absolutely not perfect but i had fun with it.

VanWinkle

Man. Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD is going to be $14.99. :( Seems really expensive for what seems to be a fairly straightforward port of a game that's like 5 years old.

I'm hoping for a Plus discount, because I was wanting to get this.

Man. Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD is going to be $14.99. :( Seems really expensive for what seems to be a fairly straightforward port of a game that's like 5 years old.

but it should get the same rating right (reviews)?

I can't get into tower defense games myself

ReaperXL7

So im looking for a good dunegon crawler and until stuff like Demon Gaze, or Mind Zero, etc show up most of my options are psp games.

So whats considered good?

im looking at Class of Heroes 2, Elminage Original, and Unchained Blades, but im open to suggestions.

Moobabe

There's a sale on EU PSN? Why isn't there a SALE section on the Vita to easily highlight this shit?

So im looking for a good dunegon crawler and until stuff like Demon Gaze, or Mind Zero, etc show up most of my options are psp games.

im looking at Class of Heroes 2, Elminage Original, and Unchained Blades, but im open to suggestions.

Did you check out Adventure Bar Labyrinth on PSM?

untold legends 1 and 2 are pretty good

Shinriji

Unchained Blades is the best one, but is the hardest. Eliminage has a pretty weird translation, and COH2 is plain boring (sorry Vic).

Massa

It's crazy. They already did this with PSP - the game launched at $10 on PS3, then a few years later they ported it to PSP and it was $15. Then Dylan Cuthbert went around complaining how nobody bought PSP games.

I'm sure the series has some hardcore fans, I suppose they want to take their money and then drop the price to a reasonable level.

ReaperXL7

There's a sale on EU PSN? Why isn't there a SALE section on the Vita to easily highlight this shit?

Did you check out Adventure Bar Labyrinth on PSM?

I did, it seems pretty good, but I hate the onscreen touch controller, and kind of wish the aspect ratio had been made proper for Vita. It does seem pretty decent though.

untold legends 1 and 2 are pretty good

Im going to have to look into these because I have heard of them before, but I never got around to them. Anything like Champions of Norrath?

It's crazy. They already did this with PSP - the game launched at $10 on PS3, then a few years later they ported it to PSP and it was $15. Then Dylan Cuthbert went around complaining how nobody bought PSP games.

I'm sure the series has some hardcore fans, I suppose they want to take their money and then drop the price to a reasonable level.

Honestly, I would probably pay $15 for Eden, or Both Shooters, but Monsters was never really my bag. The only Tower defence game I have ever really gotten inti was Anomaly Warzone. Sad they never got around to PixelJunk Dungeons.

Moobabe

Must have been less than that at launch - I bought it for £3.49.

i'll have to agree with you there.

should be $3.99

Outrageous - $10 maybe, but $4?!

Moobabe

yea, absolutely

a game that old with that caliber, $4

i haven't bought guacamelee but it doesn't seem close to $15 level of quality.

Again - what's the metric for measuring value? Age? Rating? I LOVED PJM - and having online co-op?! Now me and my best friend can play together. For me.... £10 is a stretch, certainly, but one I'm going to make.

Guacamelee, on the other hand, I thought was excellent. Worth £10? Maybe - it depends how you value that money, what else could you have bought, what else could you have bought that gave you as much enjoyment?

Moobabe

Wasn't PJ Monsters like $8 when it original launched on PS3 like 7 years ago? Oh, dat Vita tax...

At the very least I'd be interested to hear WHY there's such an increase in price. Why don't journalists ever ask stuff like that? 7 years old + 'HD' (whatever that is) + Online play = +$7?

Again - what's the metric for measuring value? Age? Rating? I LOVED PJM - and having online co-op?! Now me and my best friend can play together. For me.... £10 is a stretch, certainly, but one I'm going to make.

Guacamelee, on the other hand, I thought was excellent. Worth £10? Maybe - it depends how you value that money, what else could you have bought, what else could you have bought that gave you as much enjoyment?

You can get older retail game for 15-20 pounds - no way in hell small indie games should cost half of that.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/oreshika/next/message/12/

There is a strange update on the over my dead body 2 Jp site. I can't understand any of it but there are some hilarious pictures.
Google Translate tells me it's about the staff going to the annual Japan Studio meet up where all the teams give presentations about their games and how development is going. Mostly about how the day went I think, not so much about the game itself.

Any news on next weeks releases?
Should come later today when the Blogcast goes up.

ReaperXL7

Shuhei is tweeting about some Japanese game called Oreshika, he links to a playstation site but its completely in Japanese so no idea what it says. on Vita atm so cant link myself.

*edit*: Beaten.

Top Bottom