• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the dude behind NamcoEU official YT account need to stop already.

bUPD4Ln.jpg

RoeBear

You know you've messed up when your comments about your own video are getting marked as spam.

I've had my own comments marked as spam, not because I said something wrong but because people didn't like my video.

I wouldn't have been interested in this game anyway.

Edgeward

oooo, I hope the R&C vita listing is true. 10 bucks cheaper as well. Yes please. Hope they learned to make a good vita version this time

bender

What time is it?
Is it possible to purchase PSN mobile games away from a Vita (PS3 or web storefront)? I want to purchase Tokyo Jungle mobile.

oooo, I hope the R&C vita listing is true. 10 bucks cheaper as well. Yes please. Hope they learned to make a good vita version this time

Not picking up the PS3 game so a Vita version would be pretty rad. Hopefully it works though, that FFA vita port was disgustingly bad.

I'm cautious coz Double Helix is the developer.

Aren't a lot of their games buggy and inefficient?

Double Helix does not have a stellar track record to this point.
I watched the trailer, and as a Strider fan, I am not really interested.
I'd rather they just make a Strider HD collection or something -- give it to Iron Galaxy. :lol

It looks like Shadow Complex 2 with Strider Hiryu. :\
I guess I'll have to play Hard Corps with Sayuri instead.

Tsunamo

the dude behind NamcoEU official YT account need to stop already.

bUPD4Ln.jpg
I'm becoming more and more convinced that's the guy that did the Megaman Legends 3 tweets after it got canceled on Capcoms Twitter, posts exactly like they did.

It should be obvious that saying something like that (even if it was intended to be a pun) would look like a statement on the Vita when you're posting it on their official youtube account and representing the company, jesus.

Suprised they haven't got fired or warned by someone from the company to tone it down a notch yet.

Gamescom announcement a la All Stars and Sly 4 incoming.
I want to believe.

leroidys

Nothing really interesting me in the new Freedom wars stuff... probably mostly due to the fact that I think the art direction is shit. I'll hold out on making any judgements until I see gameplay though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
NAMCO is on the roll.

Immediately removing PSVITA logo on the announcement of Ace Combat Infinity even though it was there before, ahahahahaha..... :(

If Sony's made the decision to port it to Vita in two weeks expect Tin Giant to release it six months after PS3 launch.
Actually, Insomniac talked about the possibility of doing a Vita version in the reveal interviews, and making sure it turned out well:

And as for a Vita iteration? It’s entirely possible, but it’s still up in the air. The Vita version of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault met a whole lot of trouble during development and came to the market much later than it was supposed to. As such, Insomniac is cautious this time around. “Everyone would love for it to come to Vita,” Insomniac’s James Stevenson told me, “but it has to be up to the series’ standards” before the company makes any definitive statement.

marrec

Banned
Never played 999. I think you can get by without it. The two are clearly related, but they seem to make enough backstory references so that you don't need to actually play it to get what's going on.

They are tied together in such a way that if you have played 999 you are going to be blown away by the story but if you haven't you'll still have a great experience. Not playing 999 doesn't remove any impact of the MAIN story but if you know the characters and events of 999 then there's so much more to be had.

FOR EXAMPLE:

I just finished up playing VLR with my SO. First of all... Goddamnit I should have played this when it was released in 2012 so that I could name it my GOTY. Holy shit what a fantastic game. The gameplay is built to cater to the story which is refreshing, but only possible in a game like this.

Okay, back to the point. As I was playing VLR in bed, my SO started to get interested in the game and we eventually started playing together. I couldn't advance in the story without her and any spare moment of our time was spent continuing a puzzle or part of the story. It really took over our gaming time in a way that's never happened before. But! The important bit is that there are certain parts in the story where I would say out loud 'OOOOOHHHH SHHHIIIIITTTT!' and she wouldn't react at all.

Point is, she enjoyed the game immensely still. So you don't HAVE to play 999 in order to have a great time.

Edit:

I hope that's not too spoilery for some people. :(

DigitalOp

Banned
Why can I still not play Spyro & Crash Bandicoot??

This.

I'd rather Capcpom just dump the Strider 2 rom on psn.

THIS.

Screens of samurai warriors 2
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/hd/

It on vita it looks the same then it looks really good, but no wang yi no buy.

Musou games were fun when I first started playing on PS2... blew my mind..

But can we get just one game with persistant stupid aggressive AI?? I really hate how all of them are dumb as hell.... Thats no fun with 100 men on a battlefield picking their nose..

Samurai Warriors 2 HD looks great. Somehow Omega Force/Koei learned how to work with the Vita's hardware pretty fast. Dynasty Warriors Next and Toukiden both look great and look better than even Sony's games in terms of native res and AA.

But can we get just one game with persistant stupid aggressive AI?? I really hate how all of them are dumb as hell.... Thats no fun with 100 men on a battlefield picking their nose..
Play on the hardest difficulty. ;)

omg_mjd

I hope that's not too spoilery for some people. :(

Nah I don't think it was, just made me even more curious about the connection between the 2 games ;) Man I gotta play 999. I already have it on the DS so maybe I'll play it there or on my PC (DS emulator).

How many hours is 999? (To get the 'true' ending or whatever is ideal before playing VLR.)

Try playing Dynasty Warriors Next adhoc missions by yourself :) Have any of you guys beaten them solo? I've come close..but I really think it's not meant to be possible.

Try playing Dynasty Warriors Next adhoc missions by yourself :) Have any of you guys beaten them solo? I've come close..but I really think it's not meant to be possible.
So close. :( But I always end up getting mobbed by officers and cheesed to death.

I wish DW Next at least had adhoc co-op in story/conquest mode too. Hopefully Warriors Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors have adhoc and online story co-op.

crinale

If they notch up the attack frequency of mobs a tiiiiiny bit the game would become nightmarish :)

Samurai Warriors 2 HD looks great. Somehow Omega Force/Koei learned how to work with the Vita's hardware pretty fast. Dynasty Warriors Next and Toukiden both look great and look better than even Sony's games in terms of native res and AA.

I'm almost done with the story mode of Toukiden (thus like 15-20% of total game lol) but I still can't believe how good it looks. Native res, AA, self-shadowed 4-player co-op, and bosses sometimes double-team. That chaos is really fantastic :D

marrec

Banned
Nah I don't think it was, just made me even more curious about the connection between the 2 games ;) Man I gotta play 999. I already have it on the DS so maybe I'll play it there or on my PC (DS emulator).

How many hours is 999? (To get the 'true' ending or whatever is ideal before playing VLR.)

I think I put just under 20 hours into it to get the 'true' ending.

Is Spelunky still coming out this month?

Nope. Nor next month.

I'd really like to see Shadowrun Returns on the Vita. It's probably a pipe-dream, right?

Yep.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Sol1dus

Doesn't look like it's been posted in here.

Super Icon Games are working on Life of Pixel 2 for Vita/PS4

The first one is on PSMobile. It's really fun but was held back a bit by the plaftorm.

Looks like the sequel is going to be much larger in scope, covering far more platforms and having a huge amount more levels. Should be great.

http://www.lifeofpixel.co.uk/pixel2/

Got the first one and it was mildly enjoyable. Glad they can get a second shot and fix what was wrong with it.

Based on yesterday's conversation (about game value and waiting for stuff to depreciate), what are some games you hope come to the instant game collection down the line?

For me-

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Army Corps of Hell
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dead of Alive 5+

Wishful thinking for some but these are games I am interested in coming to the service.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I really like life of pixel, but they need to remove the page scrolling of backgrounds.

and it need to be more than just very simple 2D platformer, maybe as a homage of other thing genres (puzzles, shooter, racers) and games like River Raid, Space Invaders, ..ect.

Prismo

Neo Member
Based on yesterday's conversation (about game value and waiting for stuff to depreciate), what are some games you hope come to the instant game collection down the line?

For me-

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Army Corps of Hell
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dead of Alive 5+

Wishful thinking for some but these are games I am interested in coming to the service.

Dynasty Warriors Next
Limbo
Rayman: Origins
EDF 2017

I'd really like to see Shadowrun Returns on the Vita. It's probably a pipe-dream, right?

Actually, it would seem the game moved development from a mobile focused SDK to Unity, so getting it on Vita ought to be fully possible. Someone tweet Shane Bettenhausen or Nick Suttner...

oOo yes please. Sitting in the editor for weeks at a time crafting an epic scenario on Vita would make me feel right at home and in my element.

Doesn't look like it's been posted in here.

Super Icon Games are working on Life of Pixel 2 for Vita/PS4

The first one is on PSMobile. It's really fun but was held back a bit by the plaftorm.

Looks like the sequel is going to be much larger in scope, covering far more platforms and having a huge amount more levels. Should be great.

http://www.lifeofpixel.co.uk/pixel2/

Awesome. Really enjoyed Life of Pixel... one of my top 10 (maybe 5) PSM games. Made for a really great platformer recommendation whenever people asked. 2nd time around should let them produce something much tighter, polished and enjoyable.

I remember the jumping would feel better as the technology themes progressed, and it felt almost just right in the Gameboy and NES levels. I hope the next go 'round they tune that jump to perfection and keep it that way for the whole game.

I could see them doing a lot of evolution and thinking along the lines of Thomas Was Alone-esque abilities.

Top Bottom