• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

Yeah, MS scooped up League.

There's some interesting ports coming but no megatons that I know that are new games. Except the shahid game, whatever the hell that is... no one I know has any clue what he is talking about. And who knows, he may have made that tweet an hour after inking a deal and we may see nothing on the game for a year.

hope they port Journey

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why are people here so obsessed over Toto? I still don't know if you guys were being serious when you wanted the Soul Sacrifice OT title to be "Toto sacrificed, Vita saved." >.>

They just love me so much.

Like a school boy who pretend to hate the girl in his class and say bad thing to her but he is so in love with her.

I think someone posted a while ago that he got a name change: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=103360

we lost many Vita people in the past few months, lunch was cool ,Maedhros too.

Takao will break any moment too.

at this rate we'll have 3 people thread by September. :(

VanWinkle

They just love me so much.

Like a school boy who pretend to hate the girl in his class and say bad thing to her but he is so in love with her.

we lost many Vita people in the past few months, lunch was cool ,Maedhros too.

Takao will break any moment too.

at this rate we'll have 3 people thread by September. :(

No one could love you Toto. No one.

Edit: sorry. That was mean. I just really can't stand you. I'm sure there are people out there that love you...somewhere.

EMT0

Banned
Vita? Planetside 2? Oh if only....we'd probably get something that's running at 3DS resolution levels and dipping below thirty regularly, all the while hot enough to fry eggs on it.

Really? I was trying to find where this was confirmed, and for what platform ... is it a 360 port?

Anyway, who else here is hoping we get a full gameplay/unveil of Freedom Wars at E3? We'll get that at least, right?! Here's hoping we get a Vita relaunch, games, price cut, etc.

It's not confirmed. I assume it will be at e3. And I think it's for the 360 and x1.

It's not confirmed. I assume it will be at e3. And I think it's for the 360 and x1.

Damn... if Microsoft grabs LoL on consoles, that could be huge. Problem is, the diehards will scream up and down that it can only be played on a M+KB, although it's debatable if MOBAs can work on a pad. I enjoyed that LOTR MOBA for what it was worth (free from PS+ lolol), so I'd be down for THE moba on a console.

The only issue I can see happening is Microsoft's draconian XBL policies, with how frequently LoL and other PC games are patched/updated, it could be problematic.

Still holding out hope that Shahid's tease really is a megaton.

antibolo

Banned
Quick heads-up in case anyone's not aware: the Humble Bundle 8 is currently in progress, and it includes Thomas Is Alone and Hotline Miami.

Yeah I know, buying the bundle does not grant access to the Vita ports, but it does give you the games for cheap to try them out.

Shoyz

Edit: sorry. That was mean. I just really can't stand you. I'm sure there are people out there that love you...somewhere.
"Toto is posting from beyond the grave ;_;"
"Where is Toto ;_; he did message me tho"
"and he is back. can we have a round of applause for our dear toto . Hope u didn't sell your vita?"
":lol glad to see Toto is back"
"Nice to see you back Toto, it was only a matter of time."
"I saw Toto in another thread that had something to do with Vita earlier. It made me sad."
"Yep :("
(I'm not sure if they're sad to see someone they miss or sad to see Toto in general)

Pachimari

I really hope Sony will announce some kind of Home for Vita or a MMO or online game in general where we can hang out and chat. Like in Everybody's Golf chat rooms.

Besides that I really don't know what I would want for Vita. I'm not ready for another Uncharted and we'll probably not get any more WipEout's.

I guess I would go for Syphon Filter, a Final Fantasy RPG and... Dunno. I. Already got what I wanted on a handheld. I wanted Metal Gear Solid, Jak & Daxter and Persona 4.

Gamespawn

All I want for Vita at E3 is a 2 minute sizzle real with known titles and 15 minutes of new titles. No onstage demos, no ports of old ass indies and higher capacity memory.

All I want for Vita at E3 is a 2 minute sizzle real with known titles and 15 minutes of new titles. No onstage demos, no ports of old ass indies and higher capacity memory.

You are asking too much... I doubt the new games will be enough to make a 15 minute video.

NFS: MW on vita just makes me want a GTA vita game so bad..sadly it'll never happen.

Has anyone bothered to finish Kyntt Underground, taking me forever and still a huge amount of map yet unexplored and only one bell rung. Wondering if most people dont bother or if people stuck it through to the end.

Has anyone bothered to finish Kyntt Underground, taking me forever and still a huge amount of map yet unexplored and only one bell rung. Wondering if most people dont bother or if people stuck it through to the end.

I just played until I felt done with it. I'd suggest doing the same.

etrain911

Disgaea 3 being the Vita game of the month made me sad since I'm still waiting on Disgaea 4 vitabro edition. :( Also, Alundra or Gurumin? I'm looking at it per Toto's suggestion and it looks kind of interesting, but I don't know anyone who's heard of it.....

Recommendation: Lumines Electronic Symphony, if you don't have it, you're missing out.

Rahk

I really wish it had a decent fast travel option. I've probably explored about half the map or so, not sure if I'll go back to it.

yella

Can't wait to see what E3 brings next week. Unlike most of you guys, a lot of the ports are new experiences for me, so I'll be getting all that I can. My wallet (and free time lol) are already crying.
Currently playing Jacob Jones, FIFA 13, Soul Sacrifice, Sound Shapes and BlazBlue. Luckily I'm on vacation lol!

EDIT: etrain, get both! Both are fun, meaty games. You won't be disappointed with either.

Mitama

Yeah, MS scooped up League.

There's some interesting ports coming but no megatons that I know that are new games. Except the shahid game, whatever the hell that is... no one I know has any clue what he is talking about. And who knows, he may have made that tweet an hour after inking a deal and we may see nothing on the game for a year.

Aww really? Nothing good to be announced at E3 then? :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Samurai and dragons must have been successful for sega... The game is in English in other regions correct?

wow. poor Leah Dizon she look ...not good at all. what happened :(

bring back princess Ai Shinozaki.

F8PxUsb.jpg

on topic, I doubt we'll ever see this game in the west.

VanWinkle

I have a bad feeling we won't hear much of anything about Vita at E3 this year. I mean, think about it, last year they didn't even have a next gen system to talk about and we STILL only had like 3 minutes talking about Vita. Now with PS4, I just don't see Sony investing any time in it. It makes me mad. Afterwards there will probably be an interview (just like last year) where Yoshida will say, "Looking back now, I can see that we probably didn't put enough time towards the Vita."

I really hope I'm wrong about this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I have a bad feeling we won't hear much of anything about Vita at E3 this year. I mean, think about it, last year they didn't even have a next gen system to talk about and we STILL only had like 3 minutes talking about Vita. Now with PS4, I just don't see Sony investing any time in it. It makes me mad. Afterwards there will probably be an interview (just like last year) where Yoshida will say, "Looking back now, I can see that we probably didn't put enough time towards the Vita."

well Sony have PS4 to release and put under spotlight this year and since Microsoft promised of killing it at E3 Sony might even put more focus on PS4 at E3 because they don't want to lose that.

I think there will be a game or two and a 30 secs video montage or something.

kassatsu

Banned

It will have a big show floor presence, based off the number of appointments I have lined-up.

VanWinkle

It will have a big show floor presence, based off the number of appointments I have lined-up.

Yeah. Last year had a sizable floor presence, too, and while that's nice, it doesn't have any bearing on announcements, which is what I really want to hear about. If the floor presence just amounts to all the games we already know about, that would be highly disappointing.

Edgeward

I just want cheaper prices for memory cards and a 64 gb.

Cleared Chapter 14 of Gravity Rush and managed to at least get silver on all challenges. Think I've golded about under half of the challenges so on my way there!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yay June thread! Although I preferred the Great E3xpectations thread title from the other thread.

I'll be getting Muramasa and Jak this month. Honestly, I'd really love it if Sony released all of their first party PSN titles on the Vita. I have so many of them downloaded to my PS3 that I just don't play because of time. Siren Blood Curse would be great on Vita.

I'm not even going to speculate or get hyped for what they'll be showing at E3. I just feel that sort of thing only leads to disappointment. They'll show what they show, and ideally there'll be some stuff I like. As it stands I've been a satisfied Vita owner since day one, and have already amassed a backlog I'm slowly chipping away at. In one weeks time we'll see what Sony has planned for it.

VanWinkle

They need to phase out 4GB cards completely. Then price cards like so:

8GB: $19.99 (current price of 4GB)
16GB: $29.99 (current price of 8GB)
32GB: $59.99 (current price of 16GB)
64GB: $99.99 (current price of 32GB)

Basically, get rid of 4GB, move every card one price point down, and introduce a 64GB card at the premium level.

Jubern

Don't like the thread title :/
I also thought we were going with Great E(3)xpectations, but what do I know.

I'm still waiting for E3 next week before buying mine. I'm kinda hoping for a new model ala PSP2000 but I'll be alright even without it.
I'm going for a Vita and two memory cards: 16 gigs for my Japanese account and 32 gigs for my European account. I'm PS+ for EU and might bite on JP PS+ too, since it's really getting better and has games I'm interested in (Time Travelers and Trails in the Sky FC, namely).

First games I'm going to play are probably:
- Gravity Rush;
- Uncharted;
- Virtue's Last Reward (playing 999 right now and I'm loving it);
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (played it back when I still had a good PC and miss it :()

Next week can't come soon enough. Thankfully I'm still busy with 999 right now. Got two bad endings and going for the third one right now. Safe and True are the only left after that.

wilflare

I guess we're just too popular of dudes for the Vita app

Vita coding at its finest :/ oh well.
I hope e3 announces firmware 3.0 with a slew of nice awesome changes....
-better store
-better UI

and when PS4 is released, bring on firmware 4.0
-remote play whatevers

So what's everybody's opinion on Imaginstruments? I like it, but I'm not sure I would've payed for it if it wasn't free. It's a little time waster.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
@dallow_bg post impressions + don't disappear.

just don't let the curse beat you.

Vita coding at its finest :/ oh well.
I hope e3 announces firmware 3.0 with a slew of nice awesome changes....
-better store
-better UI

and when PS4 is released, bring on firmware 4.0
-remote play whatevers

a user interface like the one in Kindle Fire HD will be nice.

Top Bottom