• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

I picked the worst week ever to get banned.

Looking forward to all of the new indie goodness :)

Welcome back Carl!

I'm getting knee deep into NFS: Most Wanted. If you like racers, just get this game. It's so amazing. My single player progression is really picking up nicely, so far I have:

16/61 Events
14/61 Events Won
6/10 Most Wanted Cars
36/41 Cars Driven
88/123 Jackpot Spots Found
111/156 Billboards Smashed
59/66 Speed Cameras Triggered
100/135 Security Gates Smashed

Total completion - 57%

This is all without guides of any kind, just me driving around the open-world goodness. I also haven't been focusing on races as much (obv) as I've been focusing on exploring more and getting used to the map more. I know the map of Burnout: Paradise like the back of my hand so I'm trying to memorize this new one. I just love this game, can't recommend it highly enough.

Takao

Banned
How does it use that feature?

The game's a point and click adventure title. I was questioning why the Vita version still had a cursor when you could use the front touch screen (and the analog sticks), but it made sense once I started touching the back. Using the touch pad keeps the screen free of your fingers, and feels more precise than using the sticks.

It's kind of weird that the game is 4:3 though.

The game's a point and click adventure title. I was questioning why the Vita version still had a cursor when you could use the front touch screen (and the analog sticks), but it made sense once I started touching the back. Using the touch pad keeps the screen free of your fingers, and feels more precise than using the sticks.

It's kind of weird that the game is 4:3 though.

Wait the vita version has a cursor, you can't just touch the front screen?

Want to buy a new game today. Can't decide. Few questions.
Dead or alive 5. How is the multiplayer holding up? Connection times , lag etc. I'm in the UK.

Alelier totori - looks great graphically but having trouble telling if its for me. I know its heavily crafting based. How long is the game and is there a decent main story?

Any other suggestions?

Takao

Banned
Wait the vita version has a cursor, you can't just touch the front screen?

You can, but the way they have the front touch set up isn't 1:1. You'll touch something, but the cursor will not be where your finger pressed against the screen. The back touch is 1:1.

PSA: Sega All Star Racing Transformed is $19.99 for Vita now. Picked it up this morning. Guess it is on sale. The game is a ton of fun!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Guys, I have $55 in my wallet. Should I get DJMax or Atelier Totori Plus? I love both rhythm and RPG genres, but I'm iffy on kpop (former) and super cutesy atmospheres (latter). Halp!

Nun attack, I was a few dollars short and someone here recommended this fun game

I agree with this!

Bought it to just "check it out"... 3 hours later I was still playing lol.

Edit: Also loving Machinarium. Works great on vita and the visuals and animations are cool too.

Saving disgaea for last since it's a huge game I hear.

Sid

Soul Sacrifice needs to hurry up,at least a demo next month would do,my Vita is being hardly used for months now.

I'm expecting the Soul Sacrifice demo in the next few weeks in Europe at least... unless the demo is coming the same day as the full release, like with DOA5+. That'd suck. :/

ZeroAKA

Soul Sacrifice needs to hurry up,at least a demo next month would do,my Vita is almost collecting dust for months now.
I've been doing a search on the US PSN Store every Tuesday for the Soul Sacrifice demo for weeks now. I hope they don't wait until April 30 to release the demo, which would be counterproductive since progress is carried over to the main game. (Team Ninja, I'm looking at you.)

Redhood

Now that Vita has "carved an independent niche" Its time to think for new month's topic's subtitle.
Be creative. It just might come true ;)

Also who is doing the new thread?

Holmes

Oooh, I can just taste my Persona 4 Golden platinum. I just need the last automatic Jester rank up, fuse that arcana's ultimate Persona, and defeat
Margaret
. I'm excited!

Sid

I'm expecting the Soul Sacrifice demo in the next few weeks in Europe at least... unless the demo is coming the same day as the full release, like with DOA5+. That'd suck. :/

I've been doing a search on the US PSN Store every Tuesday for the Soul Sacrifice demo for weeks now. I hope they don't wait until April 30 to release the demo, which would be counterproductive since progress is carried over to the main game. (Team Ninja, I'm looking at you.)
I have a hunch they're gonna do that but I hope not.

Ponn

Banned
I got EDF, no one is playing it on my friends list here, thought that was funny. It's exactly what I was expecting, simple bug blowing up mindless fun. Great pick up and play game when bored with everything else or watching TV.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Soul Sacrifice needs to hurry up,at least a demo next month would do,my Vita is being hardly used for months now.

yeah I'm thinking of selling my Vita,I have steam so the late indie ports strategy will not work for me, and the MonHon clone Vita just got was not that hot going with the Japanese charts and there is nothing big coming for the system(other than Killzone: 9 Missions Edition).

yeah I'm thinking of selling my Vita,I have steam so the late indie ports strategy will not work for me, and the MonHon clone Vita just got was not that hot going with the Japanese charts and there is nothing big coming for the system(other than Killzone: 9 Missions Edition).

Oh thank god then we don't have to listen to you anymore

Sid

Go for it I guess,Killzone:9 missions and Textures Sacrifice are the reasons why I'm keeping it and maybe we'll get a big game or 2 later in the year,who knows.

So you base your interest and purchases on charts?

Good-bye.

Ponn

Banned

But your co-worker won't be getting any more games to sell for her drug addiction.

I kid. seriously though stop giving her games, you aint getting any from her

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Clearance bin fodder

April 2013 | No1currs about indies :(
:)

So you base your interest and purchases on charts?

Good-bye.

I don't think Toto is saying it's charts. It's just for him (and me) the system getting an indie serge does nothing for him (and me). He (and I) would rather have ports of things like DOA5 and Disgaea 3/4... than stuff like Hotline Miami.

Though I will allow Frozen Synapse.

Takao

Banned

I thought you were enjoying Texture Sacrifice?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I thought you were enjoying Texture Sacrifice?

sales numbers and big named IPs from Capcom are all that matter.

But your co-worker won't be getting any more games to sell for her drug addiction.

I kid. seriously though stop giving her games, you aint getting any from her

it's complicated.

April 2013 | No1currs about indies :(
:)

I don't think Toto is saying it's charts. It's just for him (and me) the system getting an indie serge does nothing for him (and me). He (and I) would rather have ports of things like DOA5 and Disgaea 3/4... than stuff like Hotline Miami.

Though I will allow Frozen Synapse.

yeah joking aside, for people with Steam or who don't care about indie games this strategy will not work and Vita will be less appealing,many people got it because they want console experience on the go and big games switching the strategy like this a year later after release is just not good.

anddo0

I agree with this!

Bought it to just "check it out"... 3 hours later I was still playing lol.

Edit: Also loving Machinarium. Works great on vita and the visuals and animations are cool too.

Saving disgaea for last since it's a huge game I hear.

I'm not big on puzzles, but I like point and click. I think I'll pick this up to support the indie movement. I needed to spend $2.02 on something anyway.

I've just never seen the appeal of Musou games.

I just can't fathom the attraction.

when you watch it on video or someone play it. its bad. but when you play it your self. its addictive. i am not much of fan of it but i know if i pick one up, i will play for like an hour killing waves and waves of dudes. plus add to the fact one Piece is very popular.

i already bought the first one and i am buying the second one on vita. these kind of games are perfect for handheld.

Top Bottom