• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Another Fubuki classic is born not sure how she comes up with these

they seem to fall asleep during streams quite often

Or over sleep and miss a Collab because they were up all night playing a new game

to be fair Hololive does not leave them with much of a life outside of work. There was some talk or leaks that under contract they are not allowed to date or have a boyfriend type thing. Pretty sure that is why all the gay hook up memes come up among the girls most of them pair up to fuel takes of Shipping

well officially they're idols and idols aren't supposed to have boyfriends
that goes for anyone famous in Japan really a top voice actor who was also in a band got found out that she slept with most of her band members lost her job for a long time she could not find work the fans can get evil on you in Japan

LMAO lol

he has not really noticed it is just Dr Seuss

Calli has responded to deadbeats on Member's Only stream she has seen all of Scru's reactions

Last edited:
This is how Ina roasts people

this adorable thing is the only one that has pulled me beyond Hololive thanks to Amelia roasting her

she is also one of those people who tilts her whole body when playing games too cute

Last edited:
Here is something interesting since I was talking about Ame and Uto a few post above. I wanted to find out why was Uto blowing up and where did she comne from?

I did not want to venture beyond Hololive because I was not sure what I would get into. I feel a bit tricked by the clippers that featured Uto getting rejected by Ame. You can't tell who is telling the truth.

Who is Amatsuka Uto

1. Previous life is Aizawa from Vabon, a vtuber group, slandered and doxxed her teammates after having a fallout with them. People saw who she is and started unsubbing from her.
  2. During the time in the Vabon group, went to audition in hololive but failed (rumor), trying to find a way to get out of the Vabon group
  3. Picked up by Chinese vtuber agency (they were scouting around for failed vtubers)
  4. Given a lot of cash, pumped all of it into her redesign and rigging
  5. Redebut using the same Youtube channel (which is why it started with 35k subs, she was bleeding subs from 40k)
  6. Chinese company began an agressive campaign for her, furiously spamming western sites (reddit, twitter, 4chan) with her image. At the same time she even uploaded a photo with Ame beside her to bait people.
  7. The company analysed the Youtube algorithm, used a lot of the account that watched hololives (probably recycled from all the accounts that are banned on Coco's channel) to watch her videos so that her videos showing up in EOPs' feed
  8. Continue from the same strategy, she streamed with all the hololive metatags to get even more relation with the company
  9. At the mean time ghosted an artist and a musician
Due to the artist debacle brought the attention to 5ch, people are starting to dig out her shits and which is why all of these finally came to light.

I found this posted as a comment at a wiki, https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Amatsuka_Uto (EDIT Comment Deleted from wiki)
Reddit also has some stories.

Can't tell if it is ledgit or Fake but a lot of drama does surround Uto the Angel. On video she seems really charming. Yet hated like this.

The vtuber world seems more and more toxic by the day. I have found so many channels who have so heavily doxxed every Hololive Talent they even have some poor white girl retelling a story of some jerks using some slurs and the n-word. You can't really pin that real person with a vtuber but they make it clear who she is supposed to be. I believe it is her but even as a black man I would delete the shit because it is clearly a stupid young girl having a video convo with how she thinks is a trusted friend instead of someone who would save her image and voice repeating slurs. The video is not worth it, stupid af but I could see in the right hands it could do damage. So it seems like many forces are moving in different directions to crush the talents.

I watch a video clip of Ina's talent graduating from college. Everyone's face is being collected by stupid channels. They are harvesting everything under some Forbbidden Knowledge cult and sharing more details of their discord. This is not only the Antis. This side of the rabbit hole was a bit dark before when I was curious but it keeps getting worse. They have discord to share doxxed info shit getting creepier.

So even when I was puzzled by why Ame would call Uto a cousin and not a real sister. Maybe that comment is closer to the real story? Maybe the people backing Uto now really was pushing her relation to Ame hard? Uto follows Ame on twitter has many fan art featuring Ame so it matches the comment but Ame does not follow Uto on twitter or like or retweet any of the art featuring Uto. It was just enough money to hire the same mom as Ame. Maybe the little angel people are loving right now really did all of this?

Or it is all made up to crush another vtuber, now that the comment has been deleted it was posted 3 hours before I read it.
I am just wondering about the forces at play her and who is telling the truth. Uto story and the charges against her sounds similar to some of the charges against Kiara on some Ch boards like the one about Kiara tried to join Hololive JP but failed so got into EN some how.

Even if Uto somehow went indie and left a failed group, that group should have enough people in it invested in talking trash.

I am thinking the money is too good and people want to shut it down.

Still beyond the background stuff, when Uto is streaming she is killing it with cuteness and her english is winning her fans. I think the sad part would be if she really had a Chinese backer and she is not independent at all.

Last edited:
uh Kiara well

Kiara that is all
only a perv like her would lose her shit over an old anime trope like that

this is just cute

now he is full member

a stream I want to wake up for

Last edited:

ZZZZ

I watch a video clip of Ina's talent graduating from college. Everyone's face is being collected by stupid channels. They are harvesting everything under some Forbbidden Knowledge cult and sharing more details of their discord. This is not only the Antis. This side of the rabbit hole was a bit dark before when I was curious but it keeps getting worse. They have discord to share doxxed info shit getting creepier.
That video of Ina's graduation is really creep, impossible to verify though, most of the other stuff, i'm pretty sure it's common knowledge between the JP hardcore fan base.
It's safe to assume back in 2016-2019, the first few subs of the talent on their debuts were fans from them before they joined Hololive.

Hololive has blown up now though so it's not the same situation, a lot of new people don't know about their past, especially international fans that don't frequent websites like niconico and others.

That video of Ina's graduation is really creep, impossible to verify though, most of the other stuff, i'm pretty sure it's common knowledge between the JP hardcore fan base.
It's safe to assume back in 2016-2019, the first few subs of the talent on their debuts were fans from them before they joined Hololive.

Hololive has blown up now though so it's not the same situation, a lot of new people don't know about their past, especially international fans that don't frequent websites like niconico and others.
Is seems most of the collection channels I have found then to be western fans flooding the comments so guess this is nothing new to the JP bros

I'm starting to find a lot of it creepy but the Ina one really shocked me. She is like totally harmless and non-threatening still they must know who. They just have to know and collect them all like pokemon. I was mostly interested to see if they did viral stuff like songs or have Live2D experience. I never wanted to know what Calli looks like. Even yesterday they posted new videos of Calli.

In Ina's case I just feel that something like that should not be legal all the girl does is draw. Okay she can find her way around Minecraft better than I could but she does nothing to drive people nutso.

ZZZZ

Is seems most of the collection channels I have found then to be western fans flooding the comments so guess this is nothing new to the JP bros

I'm starting to find a lot of it creepy but the Ina one really shocked me. She is like totally harmless and non-threatening still they must know who. They just have to know and collect them all like pokemon. I was mostly interested to see if they did viral stuff like songs or have Live2D experience. I never wanted to know what Calli looks like. Even yesterday they posted new videos of Calli.

In Ina's case I just feel that something like that should not be legal all the girl does is draw. Okay she can find her way around Minecraft better than I could but she does nothing to drive people nutso.
I don't know what Calli looks like, but it's pretty safe to assume there are videos out there of her singing in bars or small places in Japanese streaming websites or even youtube for that matter, just never bothered to look.

Edit: It's not like some of them even care, Matsuri literally has a second youtube channel where she shows her face and still uses the same voice, her last video has 500k views, Noel has a 400ksubs ASMR channel as well where she still makes videos every month or 2.

Last edited:
I don't know what Calli looks like, but it's pretty safe to assume there are videos out there of her singing in bars or small places in Japanese streaming websites or even youtube for that matter, just never bothered to look.

Edit: It's not like some of them even care, Matsuri literally has a second youtube channel where she shows her face and still uses the same voice, her last video has 500k views, Noel has a 400ksubs ASMR channel as well where she still makes videos every month or 2.
Yeah Matsuri is the super cute one I always talk about something about her look appeals to me. Yeah Calli performed at small smokey place but the new video was a rap video she was outdoors at night in tokyo and they used her first name on the video tittle insted of her regular alt name. That new video is very cute tho she looks a bit rough in the other videos but this one Calli looked cute and the song was pretty good too.

kinda sad Matsuri stopped playing Apex in her IRL channel they just stopped posting both Matsuri and Coco both stopped. If they were okay with it before something made them pause

these two are really funny together

Calli is hanging in Kiara's chat and Kiara is doing her best with Ina to make Calli jealous

Kiara, "Ina recently I've been having morning sickness why do you think that is?"

Last edited:
One of the problems with the vocaloid scene was its tendency to stifle monetary success.
Songs and MVs were uploaded by the creators to NND, which didn't give any ad money to the uploader. Yet the fandom had an irrational hatred for music copyright orgs like JASRAC, which is an org that manages copyright and collect fees on behalf of music creators so they can get paid for their work being used on Youtube, etc. And when some musicians gained mainstream success, some fans felt they were just using Vocaloid to gain clicks.

Bringing up metatag and thumbnail use to "criticize" a vtuber is in the same vain as that shit.
And bringing up a chinese agency seems too convenient a fact against a vtuber having some issues involving Hololive fandom.

Here's the thing about China, it's the only region where the vocaloid scene got adopted into the mainstream successfully with Luo Tianyi (Although the jp managing company got kicked out for some reason LOL)
It's no surprise that vtubing is catching on in China and why both jp agencies went for the Chinese market before the En market.
By the way, Ichikara/Nijisanji the biggest Vtuber agency has investments from Legend Capital the holding company of Lenovo, in other words they're making money for the Chinese nationalist. Just don't expect to see Coco or Hato do a collab with Nijisanji EN or any Nijisanji member for that matter while China money is involved.

Ultimately, people are going to moralize their interaction with the people that entertain them and they have every right to. Some people will find it morally dubious if they feel a vtuber is trying to mislead them about "stuff" like attractiveness by using an avatar. Faking a disability and e-begging isn't new. Some will feel lied to if the vtuber belongs to an agency when they're making it seem like they're an indy vtuber. Some will feel outrage if the think the agency is mistreating the VA, like Kizuna Ai's VA being replaced. And some don't give a damn.

What is clear is that Cover corp has the copyright for Watson Amelia's character, but don't have any rights for Amatsuka Uto. That means even if Cover wanted to incorporate Uto into Amelia's lore, they can't unless they have approval from whoever holds Uto's copyright. Also, copyright wise, r/Hololive probably wouldn't want posts of images of vtubers that they don't hold a copyright of. It's natural that Cover would want to distance it's copyrighted character from a character it has no rights to.

Same with the real life image. Cover has the rights to the avatar character, and an agreement to manage the VA playing that character. Cover has no rights to the VA's image and likeness. In a similar vain, Cover's agreement between video game companies to stream their game only extends to the the VA playing as Cover's avatar character, not for the VA doing it as their individual selves. And while most video game company allows indy streamers to stream their game, at this point those VAs can probably negotiate a paid promo stream as an indy streamer no prob. See example. Except for Coco I don't think there's any meaning to the VAs not streaming other than being busy and not having the time.

On a different subject, new vsinger? from sony.
MS vcortana, Amzn valexia when?

the translaters and clippers really do add a lot more to Hololive

Even HoloTalk is still saved by translaters because often Kiara is so lost in her passions that she ain't translating shit

She really has no respect for Senpais that like Calli but in this case Subaru liking Calli is also a problem because Subaru should only like Kiara first in EN.
She is very greedy about love

I really enjoy watching Ina collab with new people she always seem to choose those with the lowest sub count in their gen. Sometimes people like Haachama reach out but this is her natural pattern

watch list for today

hmmm might watch

Last edited:

Gawr Gura might hit 2 million subs during tonight's stream or a day from now. Not sure but she is within 10k range

she is staying so quiet about it not even a hint that she is looking at her sub count

Last edited:
She probably doesn't like to bring it up due how to fast she blew by her senpais
Her chat was talking about it for over an hour before her stream started so she had no choice but to say she was reading chat and saw they are all waiting on this big number

not really her fault if she is viral fuel, she has not even dropped original music yet

stream is live

Calli is in Shock that they can play Skyrim she did not know asked in Gura's chat

she wants to play Skyrim until the end of time ;p[

edit: Calli was too embarrassed to say the name Kiara's Dookie but the second time it shows up she said it in French, Kiara's Dookay

You have Kiara and Gura to blame for that one, Gura said bird pooping on you is Lucky and Kiara asked Gura is it was okay if she shit on her and Gura replied she was fine with it. So this is lore because Kiara explained her shit is hot because of the whole phoenix thing

these Yakuza games are weird

no wonder they all have cat ears

wtf

Last edited:
Have not streamed for over a week now. Are the rumors true or did the Antis get to her?

whatever is up with Uto hope she is safe and returns

big face meme lives on

Edit. Meant for the whole paragraph to be a list of reactions to hypothetical situations. Should have worded it better my bad.
Ultimately, people are going to moralize their interaction with the people that entertain them and they have every right to. Some people will find it morally dubious if they feel a vtuber is trying to mislead them about "stuff" like attractiveness by using an avatar. Faking a disability and e-begging isn't new. Some will feel lied to if the vtuber belongs to an agency when they're making it seem like they're an indy vtuber. Some will feel outrage if they think the agency is mistreating the VA, like Kizuna Ai's 4 way split incident in which an internet rumor that the VA was being replaced lead to outrage against the agency & other VAs. And some don't give a damn.
An attempt to comedically refute the VA replacement rumor.

Had to tune out the moment she started mentioning she's an AI and that there's no VA. It may be funny the first time, but it's like a stale old joke being rehased to death because that's about the only thing interesting about her character. With politicans stoking fear of AI and automation disruption, it just rubs me the wrong way.
Who is Amatsuka Uto

1. Previous life is Aizawa from Vabon, a vtuber group, slandered and doxxed her teammates after having a fallout with them. People saw who she is and started unsubbing from her.
  2. During the time in the Vabon group, went to audition in hololive but failed (rumor), trying to find a way to get out of the Vabon group
  3. Picked up by Chinese vtuber agency (they were scouting around for failed vtubers)
  4. Given a lot of cash, pumped all of it into her redesign and rigging
  5. Redebut using the same Youtube channel (which is why it started with 35k subs, she was bleeding subs from 40k)
  6. Chinese company began an agressive campaign for her, furiously spamming western sites (reddit, twitter, 4chan) with her image. At the same time she even uploaded a photo with Ame beside her to bait people.
  7. The company analysed the Youtube algorithm, used a lot of the account that watched hololives (probably recycled from all the accounts that are banned on Coco's channel) to watch her videos so that her videos showing up in EOPs' feed
  8. Continue from the same strategy, she streamed with all the hololive metatags to get even more relation with the company
  9. At the mean time ghosted an artist and a musician
Due to the artist debacle brought the attention to 5ch, people are starting to dig out her shits and which is why all of these finally came to light.
Sourced from an anti blog seems least nutty.
1. She doxxed her own age and situation, 18 and a vocational school student to make a point about the feud she had with the leader about hiring an editor. Because another member, Naeji, was of known to be the same age as Aizawa it ended up being a dox of Naeji:s age. The response?
The vtuber group leader (Urara/male) admonishes uto(Aizawa) and states "I'm not taking responsibility if (the existance of )a boyfriend gets doxxed, Aizawa"

2. The leader prohibited her to have an editor because of how it would be a hassle to do the taxes on it. She felt she couldn't manage being a vocational school student and vtubing from 21-24 on top of doing editing. She agreed to not hiring an editor but reneged on that promise and hired one which got discovered. That's the reason Aizawa is considered a liar.

The leader promised to give her an editing software but forgot to give it to her. She had to pay for her own software when the other two member got the software for free. He claims to have bought the software but didn't have time to mail it to her.

The leader prohibited access to her own analytics because he wanted to oversee the member's growth, which was agreed upon prior to entering the group.
According to Aizawa, it seems she had handover her Youtube Channel to Vabon group when she left the group, this might have changed after she complained about it publically as Uto is using Aizawa's old channel.
The leader forgot to include her in a line group or giver her a group job title on discord.

3.4. ??? no idea where that comes from
5 Uto uses Aizawa's old channel.
6 7 ??? no idea where that comes from
8 Technically, she's using other corp's intellectual property(Character name) so it is a problem in that sense.
9. somewhat true

Musician

Seems like the singer asked for the collab with uto, so he accepted all the cost as well as take care of other things that might not make the mv pass? (might be referring to youtube contentID) but suddenly he was told he can't post it.

Singer says it's about a collab with Uto being canceled.

Seems uto changed tune from prohibiting the upload to giving permission on condition the musican is ok to be sued by the agency for copyright infringment.
About the word "agency", contexually it can mean the copyright holder of the music or copyright holder of Uto's character image and voice. Logically it's the music copyright holder. If she had an agency protecting her copyright, it's warning letter/cease and desist/ see you in court. Simple and clean. No need to waste your time giving conditional threats.
On the whole it's rather an unprofessional way of resolving conflict, and there's questions as to why they're having copyright trouble covering a song. I guess you could count this as a strike against Uto's trustworthiness.

For reference, the anti blogger thinks Uto back tracked from the collab because she feared singing with a male would upset the hololive "unicorns" fans who can't stand their idol interacting with anyone other than themselves. Such a sad statement on so many levels smh

Artist

Not sure of gender but the artist worked for Uto for free.
The job seems to have been commissioned by someone other than uto, and uto has offered to pay for the job, to which the artist requested $13 in amazon credits.
But the way in which she answered was considered disrespectful which is the anti's main reason for outrage.

If I were to add something to this mess, I'll add contractual capacity of minors in jp.

She's probably still a minor, and if her parents haven't granted permission to do vtuber activity, no agency in their right mind would offer her a contract.
Techinically if the vabon group agreement put certain duties on the minor Aizawa, it requires parental permission..

Seeing how Aizawa's relationship with the group ended, it seems to me that no adult intervened in the mess. This is why I suspect Vabon vtuber group didn't ask for parental permission, just like how they didn't want the hassle to report on taxes for hiring an editor. And seeing how the mess with the musician was handled, I think there is no parental intervention at all even with Uto. If Uto can't ask her parents to intervene, I find it hard to believe she was able to get permission to satisfy a chinese vtuber agency working in jp who was willing to throw substantial money to rig her avatar.

I still think it's just a pile one to a successful indy vtuber, who might not be too good at handling business transactions.

For reference here's contemporary take of Aizawa Vabon incident source 1 source 2
TtGthQp.png

Edit. Meant for the whole paragraph to be a list of reactions to hypothetical situations. Should have worded it better my bad.

An attempt to comedically refute the VA replacement rumor.

Had to tune out the moment she started mentioning she's an AI and that there's no VA. It may be funny the first time, but it's like a stale old joke being rehased to death because that's about the only thing interesting about her character. With politicans stoking fear of AI and automation disruption, it just rubs me the wrong way.
Sourced from an anti blog seems least nutty.
1. She doxxed her own age and situation, 18 and a vocational school student to make a point about the feud she had with the leader about hiring an editor. Because another member, Naeji, was of known to be the same age as Aizawa it ended up being a dox of Naeji:s age. The response?
The vtuber group leader (Urara/male) admonishes uto(Aizawa) and states "I'm not taking responsibility if (the existance of )a boyfriend gets doxxed, Aizawa"

2. The leader prohibited her to have an editor because of how it would be a hassle to do the taxes on it. She felt she couldn't manage being a vocational school student and vtubing from 21-24 on top of doing editing. She agreed to not hiring an editor but reneged on that promise and hired one which got discovered. That's the reason Aizawa is considered a liar.

The leader promised to give her an editing software but forgot to give it to her. She had to pay for her own software when the other two member got the software for free. He claims to have bought the software but didn't have time to mail it to her.

The leader prohibited access to her own analytics because he wanted to oversee the member's growth, which was agreed upon prior to entering the group.
According to Aizawa, it seems she had handover her Youtube Channel to Vabon group when she left the group, this might have changed after she complained about it publically as Uto is using Aizawa's old channel.
The leader forgot to include her in a line group or giver her a group job title on discord.

3.4. ??? no idea where that comes from
5 Uto uses Aizawa's old channel.
6 7 ??? no idea where that comes from
8 Technically, she's using other corp's intellectual property(Character name) so it is a problem in that sense.
9. somewhat true

Musician

Seems like the singer asked for the collab with uto, so he accepted all the cost as well as take care of other things that might not make the mv pass? (might be referring to youtube contentID) but suddenly he was told he can't post it.

Singer says it's about a collab with Uto being canceled.

Seems uto changed tune from prohibiting the upload to giving permission on condition the musican is ok to be sued by the agency for copyright infringment.
About the word "agency", contexually it can mean the copyright holder of the music or copyright holder of Uto's character image and voice. Logically it's the music copyright holder. If she had an agency protecting her copyright, it's warning letter/cease and desist/ see you in court. Simple and clean. No need to waste your time giving conditional threats.
On the whole it's rather an unprofessional way of resolving conflict, and there's questions as to why they're having copyright trouble covering a song. I guess you could count this as a strike against Uto's trustworthiness.

For reference, the anti blogger thinks Uto back tracked from the collab because she feared singing with a male would upset the hololive "unicorns" fans who can't stand their idol interacting with anyone other than themselves. Such a sad statement on so many levels smh

Artist

Not sure of gender but the artist worked for Uto for free.
The job seems to have been commissioned by someone other than uto, and uto has offered to pay for the job, to which the artist requested $13 in amazon credits.
But the way in which she answered was considered disrespectful which is the anti's main reason for outrage.

If I were to add something to this mess, I'll add contractual capacity of minors in jp.

She's probably still a minor, and if her parents haven't granted permission to do vtuber activity, no agency in their right mind would offer her a contract.
Techinically if the vabon group agreement put certain duties on the minor Aizawa, it requires parental permission..

Seeing how Aizawa's relationship with the group ended, it seems to me that no adult intervened in the mess. This is why I suspect Vabon vtuber group didn't ask for parental permission, just like how they didn't want the hassle to report on taxes for hiring an editor. And seeing how the mess with the musician was handled, I think there is no parental intervention at all even with Uto. If Uto can't ask her parents to intervene, I find it hard to believe she was able to get permission to satisfy a chinese vtuber agency working in jp who was willing to throw substantial money to rig her avatar.

I still think it's just a pile one to a successful indy vtuber, who might not be too good at handling business transactions.

For reference here's contemporary take of Aizawa Vabon incident source 1 source 2
TtGthQp.png

Good stuff do you know why Uto has been gone for a week now?
I kinda like her style no matter what the drama is, she did get those fans. (well at least keep them entertained)

Last edited:
Top Bottom