• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Good stuff do you know why Uto has been gone for a week now?
I kinda like her style no matter what the drama is, she did get those fans. (well at least keep them entertained)
TLDR: I have no clue

Out of the blue guesses....

The fallen angel narrative.
The guy who ran the Vabon Group is a shady character running a streamer clan to exploit minors monetarily. Uto picked up some of the shady tactics like pretending she has agency backing by mentioning in her tweets that she has staff, a well as the metatag exploit.
Now that it backfired she's regretting having done such stuff.

Minor without parental permission narrative.
January is exam season and she flunked her vocational school exams because she streamed too much. Parents got upset and she confessed to her parents that she's a mildly successful indy vtuber. Enraged her parents forbid her from accessing the internet.

Naive kid with issues
She's not good at business etiquette, doesn't quite understand youtube copyright system and she feels that the world has completely turned against her. And she doesn't know what to do.

tragedy in the family/Covid etc.
Didn't Korone go on a hiatus for a week without even tweeting? Maybe it's something important that she can't bother about her vtubing career.

TLDR: I have no clue

Out of the blue guesses....

The fallen angel narrative.
The guy who ran the Vabon Group is a shady character running a streamer clan to exploit minors monetarily. Uto picked up some of the shady tactics like pretending she has agency backing by mentioning in her tweets that she has staff, a well as the metatag exploit.
Now that it backfired she's regretting having done such stuff.

Minor without parental permission narrative.
January is exam season and she flunked her vocational school exams because she streamed too much. Parents got upset and she confessed to her parents that she's a mildly successful indy vtuber. Enraged her parents forbid her from accessing the internet.

Naive kid with issues
She's not good at business etiquette, doesn't quite understand youtube copyright system and she feels that the world has completely turned against her. And she doesn't know what to do.

tragedy in the family/Covid etc.
Didn't Korone go on a hiatus for a week without even tweeting? Maybe it's something important that she can't bother about her vtubing career.

I'm confused, is Uto not in control of her channel right now or is it still under shady dude? Sounds like Uto would do better under an agency like Hololive. I don't think all of those girls are smart on business but having manament seems better than making mistakes that causes haters to flood in.

I guess it is easier to know if someone from Hololive is just away because other members can let the fans know she is ok.
All I can find is talk about haters flooding Uto's last chat

thanks for the reply

Last edited:
she is not going to blackmail Calli but she sure flexes on chat a lot about her videos of Calli

Finally someone speaks on this time travel bullshit in ACNL

Last edited:
Pretty much strike all my comments on Uto's issue as all the speculation seems pointless.

On 8/1/21 the Vtuber agency where Ugokuchan belonged to announced she passed away on 31/12/20. Cause of death, suicide.
The video was uploaded at the wish of her relative, in honour of her memory.
Vabon's leader seemed to be especially close to her so it''s likely Uto knew her as well. She probably was in mourning.

Yikes! Yeah I can see how that would affect Uto negatively

Still not shocked by this. Japan has such a history on that topic and vtubers don't seem to be the most stable minded of folks.

I missed this episode of ADV China curious about how they covered Coco without knowing about vtubers

edit: Finally had some free time to watch it. lol nobody is asking you to fuck the dragon dude, LMAO he totally made it sexual because of Coco's tail.

Last edited:
I missed a 3D debut must watch now

some of these girls go all out with their 3D debut while others stay laid back.

I guess Polka spoiled me with her amazing weird debut

edit: Gura is sick today, kinda expected this since she stayed a long time reading superchats which she normally passes on

Last edited:
I just got into this.

Originally I just saw a video "Kiara Takanashi teaches German" and I was like "Hey sounds like fun to see someone Japanese teach your native language."

Then I looked through more of videos where Kiara talks German. And then learned of HololiveEN and that it's actually a pretty recent thing. So I started watching the debut videos of the HololiveEN members and got really interested.

Now I'm trying to catch up by watching all the videos from oldest to newest (but mostly skipping the playing games parts unless I consider the game to be really fun to watch someone else playing).

Then youtube figured since I love statistics and just started watching Hololive, I should be watching this video:

I really this channel's idea "Stories Through Numbers". Like it's realy like that you just see numbers increase but in your head stories form about the competition between the members and stuff. Also really ended up loving that song, this video just loops on my PC now whenever I have nothing else to watch lol.

Because of that video I also got interested in the other Hololive members so I started watching funny clips of them. Really love the Pekora does English Quiz one.

But my absolutely favorite content so far are Coco's Shitpost Reviews. Man, that series is amazing.

Unfortunately I can't get any of my friends to watch this stuff and on /r/Hololive they are basically just meme, no discussion at all, so I was looking and found this thread.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't get any of my friends to watch this stuff and on /r/Hololive they are basically just meme, no discussion at all, so I was looking and found this thread.
Don't worry about that too much it can just be your thing. There was only a few of us in this thread who even watched vtubers daily. New people find their own way into it others just don't get it at all.

I wish I knew a little more Japanese. Manga and Anime never really got me to regret not focusing my learning Japanese as much as the drama inside Hololive's relationships lore.

every now and then I find a translated video that really makes me regret not understand that much.
I think I have learned more Japanese in the past few months than I have the past 20 years.

This poor reaper is going to try to reach 1 million during this stream

about 12K away, an endurance stream. Calli loves to suffer

edit: maybe she'll be fine if she does not drink too much

Last edited:
She's as much of an AI as Gura is a shark. It's her character. Don't take it so seriously haha.
Normal go to joke to remember people about their lore but hinting at the person behind the character.

This is a trend among most popular vtubers. Gura's is my tail is real. More than being a Shark, fans love calling her shark or same. But she has to tell them her tail is real because there is a doubt about it. Also her bottom teeth existing is a question too.

Kizuna Ai seems to be so different from a vtuber to me. It does not seem to be the same software. I felt she was always more CGI or 3D VR than Live2D.
Most fans like me who have seen her and others before Hololive EN, she just never registered to me. Just like finding some strange Dinosaur puppet reach to Smash Bros new Fighter and never knew that was a vtuber.

I was seeing them of almost 2 years before this thread kicked my curiousity to find out what the hell this was about.

So in learning about the rabbit hole, Ai's info on reddit and other youtubers was that same story that they tried to replace her. Even GiantBombcast was saying the same story.

Seems like part of her story that won't go away.

Calli reached 1M she will stream her full 12 hour goal only 5 hours in

hmmmm bed wars?

I find it weird that sleepiness is so easy to convey through the avatars

update on this story

thanks to clippers, it seems I linked to and watched the wrong 3D debut! Knew there was something off about her just singing in a room

the good stuff

full

1080P sweetness I need a 4K screen

this is next gen no clipping!

Last edited:
I've never really seen a pretty girl with such low self-esteem. People always told me it was a real thing with models and shit but kinda waved it off.
Why focus only on the bad shit people say?

could be a Japanese thing but this shit breaks your heart. Guess she really loves APEX that much.

Last edited:
I guess no matter who you are some of these games really become that important to you. I can't really speak on APEX or even Mario Kart that most of these girls seem to suck at.

I am pretty sure I would suck at APEX. I only got heavy into the first Destiny and never went back to any type of shooter game. I would purchase a COD and just die in seconds never even getting use to the maps. So I find it really funny to find a group of girls dive into APEX really hard. I mean this was Amelia Watson's whole thing before she became a Hololive member. And Matsuri's old channel is full of APEX streams.

Still after a while I would think they would have gotten use to the shit talk.

Shaqazooloo

I just got into this.

Originally I just saw a video "Kiara Takanashi teaches German" and I was like "Hey sounds like fun to see someone Japanese teach your native language."

Then I looked through more of videos where Kiara talks German. And then learned of HololiveEN and that it's actually a pretty recent thing. So I started watching the debut videos of the HololiveEN members and got really interested.

Now I'm trying to catch up by watching all the videos from oldest to newest (but mostly skipping the playing games parts unless I consider the game to be really fun to watch someone else playing).

Then youtube figured since I love statistics and just started watching Hololive, I should be watching this video:

I really this channel's idea "Stories Through Numbers". Like it's realy like that you just see numbers increase but in your head stories form about the competition between the members and stuff. Also really ended up loving that song, this video just loops on my PC now whenever I have nothing else to watch lol.

Because of that video I also got interested in the other Hololive members so I started watching funny clips of them. Really love the Pekora does English Quiz one.

But my absolutely favorite content so far are Coco's Shitpost Reviews. Man, that series is amazing.

WTF? Gura literally just rockets to the top spot in 2 months?

deep Kiara deep Chicken
WTF? Gura literally just rockets to the top spot in 2 months?
it took Gura 39 days to take over Hololive

the only one being counted against her right now is Kizuna Ai but Gura has not even dropped music yet so who knows how far her fanbase will reach

so far it seems she is trying very hard not to lose her Seiso image even with her past being know by most of her fans, she seems so like being a cute little shark that does not curse.

While she did 2 member's only streams yeterday she did give birth to G-Floatie her rapper name given to her by Chat

everything about Uto is heart breaking now.

She really needs to be taken in by Hololive, I know that will never happen but even if she has a brb on her twitter her return is not guaranteed
too bad Ame does not like her, she would be perfect to bring her to a safe place. She would not have to join but Ame could collab with her often and sell the whole little sister thing having the same mama.

this should give you about an hour to prepare the popcorn and Dr. Oopsie

update: Calli is sick and Gura is still sick although she did do 2 members only streams yesterday I expected she would be out

Ame, Kiara, and Ina will play Clubhouse 51, full collab will be moved to a later date

Edit: Playing 3-Way Chess = pain peko

Last edited:

Labolas

some stats on the JP girls earnings.
66arddi01tc61.png

Also didn't know my girl Miko try the Haachama challenge. She tried her best.

some stats on the JP girls earnings.
66arddi01tc61.png

Also didn't know my girl Miko try the Haachama challenge. She tried her best.

Why do Russians like Botan?
Why is Nene pulling in ES?
Why is TMT 50.2% English
What I would want to know who is leaking thse numbers...."? They are not at all what I would expect from each girl. Oh it says earnings, I guess a girl could be popular with overseas-bros but they are not simping at all.

I was looking at stats all day today and was kinda shocked to find out the real earnings Queen of Hololive has be Aqua for a very long time.
Something special about her fans.

the problem with the Haachama challenge is she had no issues eating that shit. Why would you do this to yourself Miko?

Last edited:
As someone with health issues, all of this made sense well until you get to the lewd stuff but seems like she knows a lot about seeing nurses often enough to know she is hard to stick. I am nearly impossible to stick.

this game must make them bank or something or brings them luck, I have not found one vtuber or wannabe vtuber who has not streamed that game or is in a crew who has tried it.

Calli gives the best responses to this game. Uto is a close second and then Pekora and Doogo tied for 3rd

Top Bottom