• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait...Wolverine is 5'3"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wolvy was never really depicted/drawn as small enough to notice in the comics anyway,

2515524-rolo_kiss_uncannyannual11.jpg

Wolverine-Cyclops.jpg

phoenixtheuntoldstory.jpg

schism02.jpg

?

Slayven

Jackie Earle Hayley would have been an awesome choice.

Also, I think the idea was, originally, Wolverine wasn't supposed to be a mutant but a mutated wolverine. I am NOT making this up.

Yeah and even after they nixed that idea, the claws were suppose to be part of his gloves.

bwahhhhh

They made Hugh Jackman Wolverine based on the Ultimate Marvel version who is significantly taller than the 616 Universe version.

Likely the other way around, since Ultimate Wolverine didn't show up until like two years after Jackman was cast in X-Men.

But yeah, I initially had a problem with Jackman's casting. I think Hugh Jackman was excellent and made the role his own, but a big part of what made Wolverine a unique character was that he was underestimated or dismissed by some foes due to his stature, repeatedly called a runt by them, he didn't give a shit, he'd carve them up anyway. Nobody's going to underestimate Jackman Wolverine. Comic wolvie also wasn't good looking at all, bordering on ugly... and despite all of those disadvantages, he was the probably the 2nd most popular Marvel character at the time.

Basically, it was the equivalent taking Captain America and turning him into a super short, ugly dude. Being tall, good looking, and physically perfect is inherently part of Captain America's character.

In the end though, I didn't have a real problem with it because Jackman just did so well at making it his own.

When the Blob can damn near kill you, you wack as fuck.

I thought Wolveirne being shore was common knowledge. Thing being kind of small for a brick role was also a thing

6PqUtp5.jpg

According to the internet he won that fight. He even managed to pick Blob up. Strong Guy is awesome. Even if he is the ruler of Hell.

Jackie Earle Hayley would have been an awesome choice.

Also, I think the idea was, originally, Wolverine wasn't supposed to be a mutant but a mutated wolverine. I am NOT making this up.

In an interview the co-creator Len Wein said he always intended Wolverine to be a mutant. His boss with came up with the name and him being Canadian and Wein was tasked to come up with the actual character. Wein looked up Wolverine in an encyclopaedia and decided his traits would be short, aggressive and with razor sharp claws. With X-Men close to being revived he made him a mutant too in case someone wanted to use him in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom