• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart in-store Wii U preorders begin 10/14

Het_Nkik

Might have to do this. Missed out on the GameStop pre-orders by a few hours and I don't feel like camping out front a K-Mart or something.

pvpness

Lmao fucking Walmart.

Haha. CF is fucking with you homie. The 10% applies toward the total purchase.

I'm in on this shit for sure. I have exactly two buddies that dragged ass and didn't reserve the deluxe early. They'll be happy to know that they don't have to take a day of work off to camp at walmart in friggin nov.

Obnoxious public behavior. It's all over the place around there.
NYers aren't obnoxious, they're actually really nice, but there's a certain "NYC flow" that is hard to disrupt, especially in more crowded areas. The reactions of a NYer may be misinterpreted as rudeness and obnoxiousness, but usually isn't.

Meh walmarts are banned in NYC :(

You can just go across the river to one, I believe.

pvpness

So if one were to pre-order the Deluxe edition there it would be $34.99 + the $5 fee?

Yes.

I hope Target does pre-orders too. I want as many as I can get for friends and family cause otherwise it's gonna be another long stretch of them repeatedly asking me to find one for them. It'll be just like it was with the Wii, a fucking nightmare.

never ever go to walmart on black friday.

You can go, but you should have some training in CQC.

TriGen

I'm in on this shit for sure. I have exactly two buddies that dragged ass and didn't reserve the deluxe early. They'll be happy to know that they don't have to take a day of work off to camp at walmart in friggin nov.

Same. I got my pre-order done the first day possible, but my brother dragged his ass as well, so I texted him this news and he was thrilled.

Eric C

Sunday's AD

1fK6h.jpg

vHiWi.png

jmoe316

I realize this is US flyer and that Walmart.ca is taking pre-orders, but has anyone heard of when/if Wal-Mart in Canada will take pre-orders in store. Went a week or so ago and got rejected.

jaypah

I am so on this shit. Missed the damn gamestop preorder by a few hours and me and my girl were getting nervous that we wouldn't be able to get one at launch. Starting to feel that super-hype kick in!

Berg

Pre-ordered from Best buy....for $5. Makes me a little nervous. I may go ahead and do this to feel better.

Kyon

Banned
Forgive me cause I've never done layaway before. But I need s few things answered:

Does layaway mean that the one you put down will be stored in the back where normal customers can't purchase it?

Basically like the 1st question but does this mean my Wii U would not be sold to others wanting one?

Last can I pay it off in full?

well since i missed out doing an in store pre order for gamestop, best buy and toys r us i am gonna be at wal mart right when it opens on sunday

I have a pre order on gamestop.com but the paranoid and bad luck in me is thinking it would get cancelled for some reason.

but i was hoping to just line up a day before release for wal mart, oh well

Forgive me cause I've never done layaway before. But I need s few things answered:

Does layaway mean that the one you put down will be stored in the back where normal customers can't purchase it?

Basically like the 1st question but does this mean my Wii U would not be sold to others wanting one?

Last can I pay it off in full?

Yes, they put it away in the back.

Ok, so I have 2 pre-orders @ gamestop for 'tard pack, and I wanna get in on this for the Deluxe pack. Do I go Saturday the 13th around 11pm and head over to customer service to do this? I seriously dragged my feet on the gamestop pre-order and I need to fix this. I mean when they say "Sunday" are their registers going to be magically updated right at midnight? How's this gonna work?

Pre-ordered from Best buy....for $5. Makes me a little nervous. I may go ahead and do this to feel better.

I "pre-ordered" an iPhone 5 at Best Buy. I got it 18 days after it was released to the public.

Best Buy doesn't do real pre-orders, they just sell you a spot in the shipping line, release dates be damned.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I sat on the floor of a Walmart for 16 hours with the last spot in line back in 2006 for the Wii.

The entire time I was paranoid that they miscounted and I miscounted.

Memories...

I camped out 36hrs for a PS3 at my local Wal-Mart, and we constantly had this one bitch of an employee coming over and telling us they're not getting enough units, they're not coming at all, we should just go home, etc..

She probably wanted them for her friends.

Top Bottom