• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want the Regular New 3DS in NA? Let Nintendo Know! Find out how in here!

Just wished to bump this as a reminder that there's some heavy traffic going on in Miiverse due to the E3 2015 community. So this is as good place as it can be for the people that are still interested in the normal sized model for the Americas.

Dartastic

I've given up, I think. I also haven't really purchased a 3ds game since Majora's Mask, so I'm kinda okay with not getting one at this point I think.

Heavy traffic requesting the regular n3DS?
No, i was talking about in general terms regarding Miiverse.

Althought i do have seen some posts still requesting the standard model. But i do think is a good place to do so since the community has a general phocus instead of one pertaining an specific game.

Tons of requests for Another M thought XD

No, i was talking about in general terms regarding Miiverse.

Althought i do have seen some posts still requesting the standard model. But i do think is a good place to do so since the community has a general phocus instead of one pertaining an specific game.

Tons of requests for Another M thought XD
Ah, I see. Well, it's pretty much not coming if you saw Reggie's recent non answer during a pre-e3 interview.

Still never buying an XL. Unless there is an E3 announcement or I import and can do a proper full on region change with a Reg N3DS, then it looks like I will continue to stick with my trusty Aqua blue Ambassador 3DS until the next system and I am more than OK with that at this point.

Reggie possibly hints about regular N3DS in NA after being pressed on it by Kotaku's Stephen Totilo;

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-america-boss-teases-release-of-smaller-new-3ds-1713073614
Hopeful, but not getting my hopes up too much. I have a bad feeling this will be sold in extremely limited quantities (Amiibo style) if it does get released.

Everyone in this thread: you have permission to preorder this for me as soon as it gets announced. Please! I need it!!

Cleve

Too late really. I already got a NXL :(. They won't get me to triple dip this gen, but I guess I'm happy for people with better willpower than me.

Maggots

Banned
I never doubted that it would come out in US... just whenever they felt like it... I'm guessing december 2015... buy a bit more time on finalizing new hardware.

I never doubted that it would come out in US... just whenever they felt like it... I'm guessing december 2015... buy a bit more time on finalizing new hardware.
The reason im holding up is how logic defiant this whole ordeal has been. Territories like Australia and New Zealand (whith far less sells volume) got the standard model.

Adding to the above i just can't understand why they don't sell the things through the online store if they have problems convinving retailers to carry the models.

I don't believe his words.
He says whatever he wants.
But...but my Triforce faceplate is ready.
Well this is the wise stance to take. It would probably never be released. However...

What we learned from this is to not stop with the petitions, after all it just takes a couple of seconds to write a post with the request in whatever social media you might use. Each opportunity that raises should be used to let them know what you think.

From my part i' ll keep reminding them about this until the next handheld successor is released XD

I was ready to import a Japanese N3DS, had it and some accessories in the cart and everything, and now this. Make up your mind already.

Einhander

Reggie possibly hints about regular N3DS in NA after being pressed on it by Kotaku's Stephen Totilo;

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-america-boss-teases-release-of-smaller-new-3ds-1713073614

iZhx6Hxfl6Lc4.png

Nerrel

Citra will be able to run 3DS games in 1080p by the time this thing finally comes out.

That was a joke, but it may also be true. I caved and bought the N3DSXL but I don't think I'd be able to resist the urge to trade if the white N3DS released here with the SNES buttons intact. I'm so damn sick of staring at those giant pixels.

BooJoh

Has there been any word on US release of the small new 3DS since E3? Any signs of hope whatsoever?

Nothing at all, and the E3 blurb from Reggie was likely misinterpreted, it always sounded to me like he was just saying there will probably be more N3DSXL designs.

At this point I would be surprised if we get it, and since there was nothing said at E3 I wouldn't expect it before next spring if we get it at all.

Has there been any word on US release of the small new 3DS since E3? Any signs of hope whatsoever?

Nope and as said above what Reggie said was probably just a misinterpretation of his usual question dudging shtick. At this point I have no problem sticking with my Aqua blue Ambassador unit in the meantime until the next portable system unless there is a near-perfect full-on region change solution which allows me to transfer my eShop content to an import N3DS.

RaidenZR

Nothing at all, and the E3 blurb from Reggie was likely misinterpreted, it always sounded to me like he was just saying there will probably be more N3DSXL designs.

At this point I would be surprised if we get it, and since there was nothing said at E3 I wouldn't expect it before next spring if we get it at all.

Nope and as said above what Reggie said was probably just a misinterpretation of his usual question dudging shtick. At this point I have no problem sticking with my Aqua blue Ambassador unit in the meantime until the next portable system unless there is a near-perfect full-on region change solution which allows me to transfer my eShop content to an import N3DS.

So disappointing. I was on the Nintendo Japan page for the small new 3DS and it points out how portable and light it is...

I just wish NOA gave a shit about their consumers who find those factors of some importance too!

What we learned from this is to not stop with the petitions, after all it just takes a couple of seconds to write a post with the request in whatever social media you might use. Each opportunity that raises should be used to let them know what you think.

I totally disagree, I think petitions and people calling and writing makes them decide AGAINST doing what those people want. They see people doing that as a dedicated few fanboys repeatedly annoying them and costing them support money by whining over and over, not as a representation of their customer base trying to communicate a desire. And as such, they don't want to reward that behavior, so doing so just delays things, like what happened with Project Rainfall where they repeatedly said "No, we have no plans on ever releasing those games", and when they did finally release them they did it quietly and in small numbers and made sure to say that it wasn't due to the actions of Project Rainfall.

I totally disagree, I think petitions and people calling and writing makes them decide AGAINST doing what those people want. They see people doing that as a dedicated few fanboys repeatedly annoying them and costing them support money by whining over and over, not as a representation of their customer base trying to communicate a desire. And as such, they don't want to reward that behavior, so doing so just delays things, like what happened with Project Rainfall where they repeatedly said "No, we have no plans on ever releasing those games", and when they did finally release them they did it quietly and in small numbers and made sure to say that it wasn't due to the actions of Project Rainfall.
They can make it clear all they want that it had nothing to due with Op Rainfall. We know that's bullshit.

Whatever helps NoA sleep at night.

RaidenZR

Yeah I don't buy that. Besides, what's the alternative? People say vote with their wallet usually too, but that won't prove to them people were holding out for the small model. It will just make them think they didn't make the "new" XL model as compelling on it's own.We don't really have any guarantee what conclusions they'll draw from sales data. They selectively decided that the small models of the regular 3DS didn't sell, while the XL models did... meanwhile they were pumping the retail channels with limited edition bundles of XL models. No kidding the small models with no special flavoring didn't fly off the shelves.

TL:DR - NOA gonna NOA and we lose options still.

Dominator

Don't want to start a thread in case I'm wrong, but at the GameStop managers conference, they announced a Animal Crossing Happy Home bundle with faceplates. New 3DS console with the faceplates and the game.

Sept. 25th.

Don't want to start a thread in case I'm wrong, but at the GameStop managers conference, they announced a Animal Crossing Happy Home bundle with faceplates. New 3DS console with the faceplates and the game.

Sept. 25th.

Oh my god... I hope hope HOPE this is actually a thing.

Sept. 25th.
That would be pretty boss. September is plenty enough time to get rid of old inventory.

Sept. 25th.

I imagine it's just the Animal Crossing XL version and they've used "faceplates" incorrectly to mean it has an Animal Crossing design on it.

Sept. 25th.

This would make sense. They could use a bump in sales and all of the old OG 3DS's should be out of the channel by now.

Day one for me.

Josh5890

Sept. 25th.

I'm playing the wait and see.
Damn you Nintendo. I said I wasn't going to buy AC: Happy Home
Depending on what is released I will probably buy it.

Edit: http://gonintendo.com/stories/241692-rumor-new-3ds-with-faceplates-heading-stateside-exclusive-to-g

Gaining Tracking

Lunarian

Neo Member
I really hope this is true. I've been waiting for this for awhile now. I even have the Zelda faceplates sitting in a box waiting for it... :(

Sept. 25th.
When is the soonest we will find out this information?

Cyd0nia

Banned
They're going to release this (limited?) as per popular demand, then in less than 9 months announce the 4DS or something. People who buy it will therefore be pissed off.

Top Bottom