• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Almost nobody is playing Blacklight sadly. And it seems to crash often when transitioning to a new match. A shame, because in the few matches I did get in, it's a lot of fun, a better game than on PC even IMO.

Oh. Should still be reviewed, as I am sure the amount of people playing is growing all the time, PS4 has only been on sale for a few days.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This is not a game that will hook you 2-3 levels in. You don't even have any powers that early.

I think this is right but I also agree with his statement. I saw videos of slash and dash and slide and jump and powers and when starting it does not feel like that at all. No powers, no real strength to the swordplay, no sliding and fancy jumps, it feels like a basic shooter. Yes, the promise is there, and the character grows, but there is no immediate satisfaction similar to the videos presented.

I feel like at least one basic power should be immediate, or at least a lock onto enemies button to prevent the swordplay behind the enemy he mentions.

Lucent

I think this is right but I also agree with his statement. I saw videos of slash and dash and slide and jump and powers and when starting it does not feel like that at all. No powers, no real strength to the swordplay, no sliding and fancy jumps, it feels like a basic shooter. Yes, the promise is there, and the character grows, but there is no immediate satisfaction similar to the videos presented.

I feel like at least one basic power should be immediate, or at least a lock onto enemies button to prevent the swordplay behind the enemy he mentions.

When using my sword, I tend to stand in place when doing normal swipes. But more often than not I'll just do a charge attack and time it so I'm close to the enemy when my character releases the charge and then I get out of range. I usually only do this for the melee enemies or the ones who are near death or don't have backup.

I think the awkwardness from the melee comes from the fact that you move a significant amount forward while you strike which makes it hard to aim. Since enemies usually remain stationary when you're that close and usually take multiple strikes to kill, you end up swinging right past them for most of your combo. That and the camera. I can't remember off-hand but by default it makes you strike either towards where your character is aiming or towards where your camera is aiming. Whichever it is on default makes me swing in the wrong direction half the time. Pretty sure you can change that though.

Oh. Should still be reviewed, as I am sure the amount of people playing is growing all the time, PS4 has only been on sale for a few days.
I didn't even realize that made launch. I haven't heard anyone talking about it even in context with the other f2p games.

Eusis

Is this game safe to install/play now? I hard it was crashy on launch day and haven't tried it yet.
Well, it wasn't killing PS4s that day I don't think, otherwise I'd be over in the hardware failure thread now. But I held down the power button until it properly shut down then filled a report when it came back online, and I think a day later tried it again and worked fine. That DOES coincide with the Saturday update.

Lucent

Okay so I watched this video about the dojo. I guess that answers my question on how to contribute materials. The only thing is, when I tried to enter it earlier today, it wouldn't let me. Said nobody is hosting and that I wasn't high enough rank to host.

What rank do I gotta be to enter on my own? =l

EDIT: This looks like a good explanation of mods for anybody who doesn't know.

EDIT 2: I reread the message when trying to enter the dojo and it mentions that my current Clan Rank does not permit hosting. So I guess I gotta either rank higher somehow or the head of the dojo has to adjust rank settings.

So I was playing an early mission last night with a buddy. I think it was a VIP capture, on Mercury. Very early going.

Anyway, we found the VIP, with robo-chick-face telling us we had to capture him. But no context sensitive option worked. Eventually we cut him down with our swords which did the trick.

So, first point. When robo-chick-face says "Capture" she means "Kill". Fine by me.

But, once I cut the guy down I was glowing red for the rest of the mission. I have no idea why or what it means.

Anybody know what happened there? Did I get some kind of buff? How can I tell whats going on in-game?

Also, is there a way to see the full map on the PS4?

Einbroch

Banned
So I was playing an early mission last night with a buddy. I think it was a VIP capture, on Mercury. Very early going.

Anyway, we found the VIP, with robo-chick-face telling us we had to capture him. But no context sensitive option worked. Eventually we cut him down with our swords which did the trick.

So, first point. When robo-chick-face says "Capture" she means "Kill". Fine by me.

But, once I cut the guy down I was glowing red for the rest of the mission. I have no idea why or what it means.

Anybody know what happened there? Did I get some kind of buff? How can I tell whats going on in-game?

Capture = Kill the dude and absorb him. No buff, no nothing. Neat red glow, though. That's just how the missions are.

I like to think of it as uploading his life data to Lotus, or something. /shrug

It's stupid, but my friends and I always fight over the red glow.
Haha, we both must have looked so stupid running around the VIP last night, trying out every button, just absolutely positively certain that we had something that would capture this guy. And both of us accidentally stabbed him a little and apologized, worry we'd fail the mission if we accidentally killed him. Surely there's some kind of capture mechanic. If she wanted us to kill him she'd just say so.

We even looked for consoles to hack or items to gather. Nope.

Eventually, after six or seven minutes we said fuck it, and fuck the mission objective, and we'd take out our angst on the poor old VIP. Once we cut him down Lotus tells us "excellent work!".

Damn straight it was excellent work.

NeOak

Okay so I watched this video about the dojo. I guess that answers my question on how to contribute materials. The only thing is, when I tried to enter it earlier today, it wouldn't let me. Said nobody is hosting and that I wasn't high enough rank to host.

What rank do I gotta be to enter on my own? =l

EDIT: This looks like a good explanation of mods for anybody who doesn't know.

EDIT 2: I reread the message when trying to enter the dojo and it mentions that my current Clan Rank does not permit hosting. So I guess I gotta either rank higher somehow or the head of the dojo has to adjust rank settings.

^Warlord needs to set permissions on ranks, or promote.

Hey guys, here's some new info on the new damage system that's coming soon in U11!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132366-information-on-damage-20/

I'll do that later on when I log in.

W1SSY

I ran into the same thing when I did that mission. When I killed him I was just waiting for it to say mission failed.

Always jump-slash when enemies are close enough to stun them. Saved my ass so many times once I started doing that instead of wildly slashing at them.

Charge attack is good too if they aren't moving around much.

I'm kind of confused about mods though. I equipped a bunch and then later I went to upgrade my gear and noticed they were all unequipped. Weird.

I ran into the same thing when I did that mission. When I killed him I was just waiting for it to say mission failed.

That means you "have him" and need to bring him to the extraction point. There's supposed to be an animation that shows the guy you cut down vaporizing into you. Just think of it like the dude is in your inventory once you 'capture' him.

Lucent

Always jump-slash when enemies are close enough to stun them. Saved my ass so many times once I started doing that instead of wildly slashing at them.

Charge attack is good too if they aren't moving around much.

I'm kind of confused about mods though. I equipped a bunch and then later I went to upgrade my gear and noticed they were all unequipped. Weird.

Yeah you gotta press like triangle to apply them. If you back out after placing them without applying them, it's like you don't accept the changes.

Guys please help me: I just logged in an got something - a flashy pop up appeared with Excalibur on it and the number 1200 but I have no idea what it was or what happened :(

W1SSY

Guys please help me: I just logged in an got something - a flashy pop up appeared with Excalibur on it and the number 1200 but I have no idea what it was or what happened :(

It is a reward for daily login. You should be able to go into the market and purchase the weapon for 1200 credits.

Nice, thanks for the answer guys - it was affinity which is fine by me :) Also my PSN is wearethearmada if anybody wants to rock with my Mag.

I like the game enough to consider "buying it" in a manner of sorts via the $49 pack - kinda like buying this game as if it were retail.

pretty sure you start the game with the common mod for the frame you pick - correct me if i'm wrong. though i suppose you'll have to run 1, at most 2, missions to level enough mod points to equip it.

daily log-in reward, 1200 xp for melee weapon. reward varies from item xp to credits, to blueprints, to % discounts on platinum.

This game is a whole lot of fun. How do you earn platinum aside from buying it?

platinum is the real money currency, is not obtainable in game. *most* things that can be bought directly with platinum can also be bought as blueprints with credits and then forged from mats. only things i know for sure that you cannot get with credits are the Warframe and Weapon capacity of your inventory. And the scarves afaik.

Pop

I bought the Volt frame a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying shocking the shit out of Grineer. I like that Volt can actually take a decent beating until my shields give out.

I really like this environment.

V1H4z9Z.jpg

I bought the Volt frame a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying shocking the shit out of Grineer. I like that Volt can actually take a decent beating until my shields give out.

I agree. I MUCH prefer the out door environments to the dark, crowded space stations.

Quick question:
Could someone explain how my personal level relates to the level suggestions to the missions?

V1H4z9Z.jpg

Volt is god like against Corpus.

Edgeward

Most played PS4 game for me. Upgrading your rifle is something I should've done, first thing. The difference between it and the burston is massive. Makes taking down Captain Vorr much quicker. And that bastard won't drop the Seer receiver. Been trying the past couple days. ;_; Wish the game allowed for trading.

Is there room in the clan? I can help with my platinum if it needs expanding. PSN id is in my profile

Lucent

Most played PS4 game for me. Upgrading your rifle is something I should've done, first thing. The difference between it and the burston is massive. Makes taking down Captain Vorr much quicker. And that bastard won't drop the Seer receiver. Been trying the past couple days. ;_; Wish the game allowed for trading.

Is there room in the clan? I can help with my platinum if it needs expanding. PSN id is in my profile

I fought Vor with some random people about four times and got the blueprint, the receiver, and the barrel. I actually have two receivers I think. The only thing I'm missing is the orokin cell.

yeah the rifle you start with is utter crap, buy a blueprint and replace it soon as possible.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
For those newbies out there.. If you're looking for a really satisfactory rifle from the get go, pick up the Soma. You won't regret it.

Edgeward

I fought Vor with some random people about four times and got the blueprint, the receiver, and the barrel. I actually have two receivers I think. The only thing I'm missing is the orokin cell.

I would just buy it off the marketplace. It's only 10 plats

Is selling multiples of an item broken? I tried to sell some extra Seer Barrels and I can change the quantity but I can't seem to confirm selling it. I can press O to back out but nothing to say confirm and sell the 3 extra pieces I have

NeOak

Ok, Shadow barracks is in construction. 24hrs left.

The reactor needs materials.

I've invited a new set of people. When the barracks are done, we can invite 20 more.

Add me to your friend list: neoaku

I've added people ingame, so you'll have to check the game friend list, not PSN.

Anyone can host the dojo for now.

Korten

Banned

I've invited a new set of people. When the barracks are done, we can invite 20 more.

I've added people ingame, so you'll have to check the game friend list, not PSN.

Wait is that a guild or something?

Lucent

Awesome. =D

EDIT: Nope I still can't get in the dojo.

EDIT 2: Ohhh I think initiates can't Host at all. =l http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan

Top Bottom