• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. SDCC Panel (The Thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, I really didn't like that King Arthur trailer.
Hunnam, the cgi, the GoT reunion, it really did nothing for me.
Ritchie is talented so we'll see.

golem

I loved UNCLE, but I've never seen the TV show. What was wrong with it?

Never seen the TV show. I thought the actors did a pretty good job, but what really ruined the movie for me was Ritchie's direction. Random zooms and pans for no reason. Terribly setup shots and sequences that he tried to hide through equally terrible editing. Being stylistic for the sake of being stylistic. If he reigned back on his indulgences and spent more time actually directing, imo it would have been a much better movie.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I want my Dunkirk trailer

...even though such a film would be incredibly inappropriate to be shown at SDCC.

TI82

Banned
The fact that they put everything online is great and apart from King Arthur, all the trailers look good to great (Kong).

I hope more studios will follow this approach.

Yeah I'm happy all the trailers are online and think everything I watched (didnt watch SS) looks good. But they are coming off of the really disliked BVS so let's just be realistic for a moment in regards to their favorability is all I'm saying lol

Never seen the TV show. I thought the actors did a pretty good job, but what really ruined the movie for me was Ritchie's direction. Random zooms and pans for no reason. Terribly setup shots and sequences that he tried to hide through equally terrible editing. Being stylistic for the sake of being stylistic. If he reigned back on his indulgences and spent more time actually directing, imo it would have been a much better movie.

I had no glaring issues with the movie so we will just have to agree to disagree

Skab

So I missed the majority of this.

Ive seen the JL, WW, Kong, and Arthur trailers, was there anything else I missed?

Could someone give a quick recap? Maybe when its done?

Eddie Redmayne had some fun with the crowd:
He wants them to turn on the lights over the audience, he says it's not bright enough, though. He's coming down into the crowd to "Get some help". They're giving away wands to every person in the crowd! He had everyone together perform a "Lumos Maxima" spell so he could take a photo of everyone with their wands.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Ive seen the JL, WW, Kong, and Arthur trailers, was there anything else I missed?

You missed a new 3.5 minute suicide squad trailer.

TI82

Banned

SS, lego batman trailer that wasnt released yet, and I think they are doing harry potter now

Outside of what others have said, the only other piece of real news, even though it was a 'sky is blue' moment, was Affleck officially stating he's directing the solo Batman film.

XAL

As someone that hated BvS theatrical and was more or less ok with the Ultimate Edition cut - Justice League looks on point so far. Love all of the interactions between characters and Ezra as Barry Allen.

Very very reassuring.

Well, that was a pretty satisfying panel overall. very excited for Kong and the future of DC.

Does anone know how many hours until the Marvel panel? It's 11pm where I live so I don't know if it's worth it for me to stay awake.

Pachimari

I haven't seen any of the Aliens films, and only the first Predator movie. I should start rollin that ball, because I have always been interested in them!

Well, that was a pretty satisfying panel overall. very excited for Kong and the future of DC.

Does anone know how many hours until the Marvel panel? It's 11pm where I live so I don't know if it's worth it for me to stay awake.

I think it'll start at 2:30.

No Lego Batman trailer?

No.

Newlove

Is there a Disney panel at all? Heard people saying the exclusive star wars celebration rogue one trailer might be saved for comic con.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
You can see the suicide squad trailer on the official web YouTube page. Titled comicon remix or something.

TI82

Banned
To be fair, he's almost 80 years old and still making big movies. Let's see what we achieve at that age.

thanks to stem cells I should be flying around on my hoverboard doing 720s and drinking moon burgers at space mcdonalds after watching Spiderman 12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom