• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: Don't buy Binding of Isaac Rebirth on 3DS

backlot

The game launched last week full of invisible enemies and music that randomly just stopped working. On Thursday they pushed a patch that fixed those issues but added a new glitch that crashes the game and forces you to hard reboot your system every few minutes. This game is over a week old and still showing no signs of being playable in the near future. Don't waste your money on it like I did.

That's disappointing. I kinda expected the game to have launch issues, but not to that extent. Good thing I wasn't interested in the 3ds version, but it's a shame for those who were.

I've been having a good time with it, but yeah, it glitches out too much right now. The worst for me has been the music, which often abruptly cuts out. I've also had disappearing walls/tiles and even bosses. It's still nice to have on 3DS, but it needs to be patched badly. I hear one is awaiting certification?

MUnited83

For you.
nicalis.png

backlot

I've been having a good time with it, but yeah, it glitches out too much right now. The worst for me has been the music, which often abruptly cuts out. I've also had disappearing walls/tiles and even bosses. It's still nice to have on 3DS, but it needs to be patched badly. I hear one is awaiting certification?

Sounds like your running the unpatched version? There's a patch out now but do not download it. It fixes those graphics/audio issues at the expense of the game crashing every few floors. At least he original release is somewhat playable.

MUnited83

For you.
You better cross fingers to get better support than PS4 had months ago, European version specially.

Yeeeep.

A reminder that a patch that was made and deployed in the US in the game's first month took like 4 FUCKING MONTHS to hit the EU versions.

There's no excuse. Nicalis continue to being one of the worst indie publishers in the business.

Nachos

Was that before or after the patch that made right on the D-Pad crouch and clicking in the left stick pause
I edited my post to clarify that I was talking about the 3DS version, but did that actually happen?

Still, I wonder if Tyrone will pop up? Normally I'd welcome someone trying to patch up my goodwill towards them, but in Nicalis' case, I'd worry that I'd somehow lose the ability to feel emotions.

Sounds like your running the unpatched version? There's a patch out now but do not download it. It fixes those graphics/audio issues at the expense of the game crashing every few floors. At least he original release is somewhat playable.
Oh boy. The patch actually made it more unstable? Thanks for the heads up, won't get the patch. Will wait for them to patch the patch.

Firehead

Hrm.. Really odd. It's been playing pretty much perfectly for me since the patch. No more music cutting out, nor invisible enemies/tiles. Played through four different runs and it's not crashed for me once.
Wonder if it's an issue with different SD card speeds or something like that?

This is what I'm using http://amzn.com/B0081EAK34 at the moment.

Chopper

It's sad that Tyrone abandoned the Duckroll thread when people started asking too many questions. The problem is, there really are limited excuses to alot of Nicalis's biggest problems. Sadly, I wouldn't expect to see him try and justify this stuff again here.

That 1001 Spikes patch issue was fucking hilarious though.

And I've just read about the BoI patch making the game crash?!

Insanity.

Firehead

Works great for me. I hear the speed of your memory card could play a factor.

Aha! Yeah, hopefully this isn't too difficult to fix for cards with slower write speeds. Game's fantastic.
Now, if only it had the DannyB soundtrack from the original BoI. :(

Any word on whether or not they'll be patching in the 3D mode as well?

yeah, people keep just going off the name but i thought they developed the game in general on every platform.

They did. They made rebirth and people are doing their shitty drive by posts.

PC version is flawless. It's an amazing game made from scratch by their team. Blind hate.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, I've read really good impressions elsewhere online, people enjoying it.

Doesn't it require the New 3DS?

Are people able to buy it on regular 3DSs and thus having issues?

Top Bottom