• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

DW Next's control gimmicks are a true shame, as I absolutely love the core game itself - could very well be my favourite DW (at the time at least).... but the forced gimmicks, especially the duels, make the game so unbearable to me. They're just such a mess. =/

Josephl64

6 is the one numbered DW I strongly dislike, and I don't count 1 as a DW...well neither does Japan seeing as it's a completely different game

mr.rager

Anyone else picking up a PS4 just for DW8XL? As soon as it was announced I was like it's finally time to get a PS4 lol.

Listonosh

Honestly, I was always dreaming of spin-off Musou's after the Gundam one came out. Naruto, Final Fantasy, DBZ, etc. Now that Hyrule Warriors is coming out, they seriously shouldn't stop there with the collabs.

Dissidia was a cool game but taking the FF roster out against a bunch of enemies with their signature weapons sounds like a way cooler idea.

Shadow780

great...now I'll just marathon all of that gundam storyline ~

Just watch the best one

tumblr_lz1fwk6VnC1qiqurio1_500.gif

Yawnier

Banned
Whoa, this thread is actually half lively now. Hard to believe but I think that Zelda Musou announcement thread revitalized things :p.

Also, Sailor Moon Musou pls.

Buzzman

Banned
Anyone else picking up a PS4 just for DW8XL? As soon as it was announced I was like it's finally time to get a PS4 lol.

Yup, sad to say it's a system seller for me. I specifically held off on buying DW8 because I was guessing that they'd soon have an improved version for next-gen.

For all the shit that the DW games get, they are pretty damn complex. Maybe this is a 8 only feature, and it's probably common knowledge, but you can quick-dash around the map with Zhou Tai using his Jump and Square attack. When you land, hit X, you'll dash forward and still do the attack!

It's easy to do, and you can hop around the map like a madman. The game doesn't even inform you of this, and he's the only character that I've seen be able to do it.

Mecha

For all the shit that the DW games get, they are pretty damn complex. Maybe this is a 8 only feature, and it's probably common knowledge, but you can quick-dash around the map with Zhou Tai using his Jump and Square attack. When you land, hit X, you'll dash forward and still do the attack!

It's easy to do, and you can hop around the map like a madman. The game doesn't even inform you of this, and he's the only character that I've seen be able to do it.

Doing that with Zhou Tai and canceling his weapon switches is the most fun I have had with DW8. The rest of the game is pretty good, but that part is really fun.

This is also doable with Da Qiao's weapons. Her aerial charge attack and then jump cancel out of that and repeat usually means you'll be going around the map faster than on Red Hare.

Josephl64

Yup, sad to say it's a system seller for me. I specifically held off on buying DW8 because I was guessing that they'd soon have an improved version for next-gen.

I had to get the Shin Sangoku Musou 7 Collector's edition since it was so pretty...luckily I held off for XL so getting the PS4 version has meaning

Well I did marathon all of One Piece because some friends made me, and it surprisingly wasn't bad like I thought it would be.

I'll just do everything I can to make up for lost time in the gundam universe ~

Some of them require moods.

0079 is easy to marathon, if you can deal with QUALITY.
The Zeta and ZZ sequels are hit or miss, so take them in pieces.
G Gundam is watchable any time and any point in your life. Expect smiles.
Seed takes A LOT of work to get through. Anything from Seed does.
Wing is for yaoi girls but the action is bretty gud.
Don't watch Unicorn until it's over.
Uhh I guess there is 00, but watch 0079 first to get some of the references.

OH. War in a Pocket is a short series but it's really fucking sad and brutal. 0083, to me, feels like a worthy sequel to the first series even if it isn't. And watch 08th Team straight through. Not like you'll need help with that.

Edit: On topic, good to know Da Qiao has it. I think I remember it in 7 now that you say that, but I don't remember it being so damn easy.

I'd love to play the older games again but my emulation isn't up to par, and I want the quick loading times not found in the PS2 versions. You spoil me, PS3.

Josephl64

Some of them require moods.

0079 is easy to marathon, if you can deal with QUALITY.
The Zeta and ZZ sequels are hit or miss, so take them in pieces.
G Gundam is watchable any time and any point in your life. Expect smiles.
Seed takes A LOT of work to get through. Anything from Seed does.
Wing is for yaoi girls but the action is bretty gud.
Don't watch Unicorn until it's over.
Uhh I guess there is 00, but watch 0079 first to get some of the references.

OH. War in a Pocket is a short series but it's really fucking sad and brutal. 0083, to me, feels like a worthy sequel to the first series even if it isn't. And watch 08th Team straight through. Not like you'll need help with that.

I was going to watch them in this order to get caught up for the games and later watch the other ones...unless I'm doing it wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century#Universal_Century_Gundam_series_and_films

I was going to watch them in this order to get caught up for the games and later watch the other ones...unless I'm doing it wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century#Universal_Century_Gundam_series_and_films

Nah, you can watch them all in order of release. Some of them jump around in the timeline, but yeah, it's cool.

Don't watch 0079 tv. Just watch the movie trilogy.

It's not perfect, and it has some filler, but it skips some really amazing parts and character development. Plus the TV series is hammy in a good way, the movie removes a few elements and tries to hit a real robot kinda angle all the way.

Watch both.

Shengar

If Sima Fu will ever introduce to DW, which faction should he belong to? His loyalty belong only to Wei, but if I remembered it correctly, in RotK XI Rise of Heroes scenario they put him to Sima Yi forces.

Tabby

If Sima Fu will ever introduce to DW, which faction should he belong to? His loyalty belong only to Wei, but if I remembered it correctly, in RotK XI Rise of Heroes scenario they put him to Sima Yi forces.
Probably Jin to even the numbers.

Josephl64

Nah, you can watch them all in order of release. Some of them jump around in the timeline, but yeah, it's cool.

It's not perfect, and it has some filler, but it skips some really amazing parts and character development. Plus the TV series is hammy in a good way, the movie removes a few elements and tries to hit a real robot kinda angle all the way.

Watch both.

I prefer real robot, and 0079 is quite lengthy. By watching the trilogy, you save time, and you can move on to the ova's (0080, 08th MS, and 0083), and then Zeta, and finally, Char's Counterattack.

It's just faster. If you like 0079 - and hopefully you will - you can always go back and watch the tv series later. But given the amount of time it takes to consume so much Gundam, I suggest going with the movie trilogy. It's just as good - and imo, better - and you can watch all of it in a day.

I'll probably devote myself to both at the end since I'll feel empty like I'm missing out on something however small it may be

I hope they start adding useless people like Zhuge Jin or that naked drummer guy.

I want Ma Su as a playable character :)

Jarate

Banned
Im surprised no ones made some type of open spurce musou game

It should be easy to upload maps and shit for the game, and it would be absolutely sexy

Just imagine, you can have a musou game, with everything!

Sora2k7

Warriors thread SUBBED!!

thanks guys I am thinking of playing DW Gundam 3 again instead of finishing OP pirate warriors 2

T__T I can't choose

Yawnier

Banned

Jin probably as they could use a larger roster at this point (even though Sima Fu was deathly loyal to Wei and the Cao family). Wei has a pretty large and well rounded roster of characters at this point since they are an older kingdom. I mean, this is the same developer that put Xiahou Ba in Jin even though he doesn't really belong there that much (lol). I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that Jin is basically a later era Wei, more or less.

I hope they start adding useless people like Zhuge Jin or that naked drummer guy.

Zhuge Ke (Jin's son) would be a great Wu add, actually. If Omega Force were to ever expand on Later Wu some time this next century that is.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me really wants to see them do some sort of Marvel Musou game but I guess the license itself would cost just as much as the development costs for one game.

Tabby

Part of me really wants to see them do some sort of DC Musou game but I guess the license itself would cost just as much as the development costs for one game.

Fixed for you mate ;)
Shame it'll never happen though, one can dream though.

Noi

I mean, this is the same developer that put Xiahou Ba in Jin even though he doesn't really belong there that much (lol).

Xiahou Ba in DW8's Hypothetical route may as well be his shining (Jin) moment. He usually runs off before you even get a chance to play as him.
KuGsj.gif

TreIII

There's a Musou thread? :D Subbed!

SNK Musou....oh baby

Even sticking with just the "safer bet" that is KOF would be enough to get most fans interested. Reprise the Orochi Saga (with 100% more ass-kicking as you play through 94/95, 96 and 97's storylines), and then they can work their way up from there.

With Zelda Musou now being a thing, the sky really is the limit for what Koei and Omega Force could stand to do next.

At this point, I'd be all for deals being made so that we can get a Double Dragon Musou. Going by Hokuto Musou (at least the first game), I'd have a bit more trust that Omega Force could make a modern Double Dragon game that would satisfy me more than Double Dragon Neon ever did...

Returners

Jin probably as they could use a larger roster at this point (even though Sima Fu was deathly loyal to Wei and the Cao family). Wei has a pretty large and well rounded roster of characters at this point since they are an older kingdom. I mean, this is the same developer that put Xiahou Ba in Jin even though he doesn't really belong there that much (lol). I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that Jin is basically a later era Wei, more or less.

Zhuge Ke (Jin's son) would be a great Wu add, actually. If Omega Force were to ever expand on Later Wu some time this next century that is.

I agree. Playing through DW8. Wei's stopped just as Jin's begins. Also, little to no mention of Sima Yi in Wei's campaign.

I also want Zhou Cang.

Yawnier

Banned
I agree. Playing through DW8. Wei's stopped just as Jin's begins. Also, little to no mention of Sima Yi in Wei's campaign.

I also want Zhou Cang.

Yep, as I said Jin is (more or less) a later era Wei right now. Until they really expand on Sima Yan, the first emperor of Jin and founder of the Jin dynasty and Du Yu's and Jia Chong's invasion of Wu thereby uniting China (albeit for a fairly short period of time until the War of the Eight Princes) the Jin kingdom as we know it in the DW series isn't really technically Jin.

/rant lol

Shengar

Yep, as I said Jin is (more or less) a later era Wei right now. Until they really expand on Sima Yan, the first emperor of Jin and founder of the Jin dynasty and Du Yu's and Jia Chong's invasion of Wu thereby uniting China (albeit for a fairly short period of time until the War of the Eight Princes) the Jin kingdom as we know it in the DW series isn't really technically Jin.

/rant lol

This makes me wonder if we ever get Yang Hu and Lu Kang

Yawnier

Banned
Well they pretty much gloss over Cao Pi's rule in pretty much every story mode expect Wu's.

Ya know, I always thought that Cao Rui could have been a better add instead of him in how he lives another 13 or so years after Cao Pi. He could also have more of a role in Jin's very early story with Sima Yi and plus you have the semi interesting dynamic of him possibly (but unlikely) being Yuan Xi's son too.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/23/dynasty-warriors-8-xtreme-legends-ps3-ps4-graphics-compared/

The graphics are certainly improved, but I actually prefer the PS3 version's lighting in most scenes shown. Most of the PS4 scenes felts like when you turn the gamma up too high on a TV in a dark scene and end up ruining the visual. What about y'all?

Does it talk about the framerate at all?

Mobile siliconera is turrible
It's a just NicoNico video showing cutscenes from the game side by side. Not really an article.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just watch the best one

tumblr_lz1fwk6VnC1qiqurio1_500.gif

True that!

This hand of mine is BURNING RED! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory! ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!

OT:I have played probably 36 out of the 40 Warriors game mostly missing the Nintendo spin offs and must say I don't care how many times they re skin or make news as it's the only game of its kind ATM.

It's so hard to find a core solid hack n slash game now a days that usually has a solid roster of characters and backing like the warriors series. This is also why I am actually extremely excited for the Zelda warriors gAme. But people who just say these games immediately out of the gate are trash, are probably the same people who think every shooter offers something revolutionary. I play Warriors and buy them because I know what I'm getting a huge roster of characters and mindless hack n slash fun.

Buzzman

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/23/dynasty-warriors-8-xtreme-legends-ps3-ps4-graphics-compared/

The graphics are certainly improved, but I actually prefer the PS3 version's lighting in most scenes shown. Most of the PS4 scenes felts like when you turn the gamma up too high on a TV in a dark scene and end up ruining the visual. What about y'all?

To be fair the ps4 has other improvement such as no slowdown/framerate drops and no enemy pop in. I hated that in 7, using a musou and killing a hundred guys and suddenly a hundred more just appear in front of you.

Top Bottom