• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington, California, New York band together to form climate alliance

I'm glad to see Jordan on the Climate Mayors list. Fayetteville, AR may be in the heart of red country, but it's an awesome little city.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Not surprised that Bakersfield, CA is NOT on the list. And yet, Fresno is. Stay losing Bako. My poor, poor hometown...
Yep fuck Bakersfield. I've lived in CA my whole life and Bakersfield was the worst city I've ever had the displeasure of living in. And yes I will take every opportunity I can to bash it lol.

DyhgrLc.png

Perfection

And unfortunately Toomey got to ride the Trump surge. I was more shocked by him winning the state than I was Trump

Wasn't that by like half a percent or something ridiculously close like that. For as much as Hillary losing upset me, losing the Senate races in PA and WI were what got me seriously dejected.

Gallbaro

Banned
I'm glad to see my mayor on the list. Fayetteville, AR may be in the heart of red country, but it's an awesome little city.

Are the UARK buses still free? Because the problem with Fayetteville is people driving from the mall, to the Walmart, then to the home depot.

Edit: I was pretty much homeless in Fayetteville for a few months and used the bike paths to get my son to day care while I went to class.

I see he's on the list for the Climate Mayors. Just unsure if he's also joining the Climate Alliance.

I'll have to poke my old boss and see how folks are reacting. At the very least, I'll try to stay in the loop. Might email or write the Mayor too, not sure what good it'd do though, seeing as I no longer live in/work for the city.

Number_6

Too bad Rick Scott of FL is a corrupt piece of shit. This state is the first to go more or less, and when those beaches go, tourism goes, and FL is fucking done.

Rick Scott, wake the fuck up!

Pyrokai

Happy to see my city of Columbus on the list. Ashamed Cleveland and Cincinnati didn't follow suit. Cowards. Columbus picking up where Cleveland left off oh-so-long-ago.

The Llama

Wasn't that by like half a percent or something ridiculously close like that. For as much as Hillary losing upset me, losing the Senate races in PA and WI were what got me seriously dejected.
Depresses me even more because the intern I just had at work had previously worked on McGinty's campaign (the woman challenging Toomey) and could easily recite all the flaws in her campaign that he wished he could have fixed......sigh.

I'll have to poke my old boss and see how folks are reacting. At the very least, I'll try to stay in the loop. Might email or write the Mayor too, not sure what good it'd do though, seeing as I no longer live in/work for the city.

True. I have someone I can give a call to and get his thinking now that I think about it.

Ryuuroden

Happy to see my city of Columbus on the list. Ashamed Cleveland and Cincinnati didn't follow suit. Cowards. Columbus picking up where Cleveland left off oh-so-long-ago.

Yeah, glad to see Columbus there. Continuing the works of our last great mayor, Mayor Coleman.

Cool, but still does not change the fact that Fayetteville, as progressive as it is, is worse for the environment than freaking Harrison. The city is just horribly laid out with its zoning.

They're doing better with up zoning and mixed use zoning. But there are still too many areas where the driving distance for groceries and other essentials is too far.

Akron's not on there, either. Not too surprising. I wrote an email to our mayor, and am encouraging my friends to do the same.

Kenai

Happy to see Philly on there since I'll be moving nearby in a few weeks. Not at all surprised to see Indiana didn't make the cut, though i was hoping for something from Indy or Bloomington. Might see them in there yet.

Gallbaro

Banned
Happy to see Philly on there since I'll be moving nearby in a few weeks. Not at all surprised to see Indiana didn't make the cut, though i was hoping for something from Indy or Bloomington. Might see them in there yet.
So the suburbs? Assuming that you will be one of the most polluting people in the planet!

Dartastic

Just called Governor Brown in Oregon to express my thanks. If you have a governor in your state that is supporting this, call them too. Your support matters. A LOT.

Ah, good old Massachusetts. Where our Republican Governor says fuck you to the Republican President. I don't think there are any other Republican Governors on the list (correct me if I'm wrong).
Why does this guy wear the R? Everything I hear from him seems sensible, logical, compassionate... he baffles me. I'm afraid to do a little homework and find out just why he wears the R.

But what about Ohio? Surely John Kasich, the most sane and moderate Republican out there will join the climate alliance too!
/s

It's a shame Governor Wolf is so hamstrung by the PA state legislature. While I think he should show his support, it could lead to his political downfall, and he's about the only check against conservative power in PA. At this point it's probably better for liberals that he doesn't.

Yep, especially with his numbers starting to turn around in the state. I'm in the same boat - I want him to support this but the politics here would be ugly for him and I want to see him re-elected.

numble

It's popular in California and has driven EV sales in a big way because of how much awful traffic you can bypass, I would be surprised if it didn't get renewed. But who knows.

I doubt it will be renewed because of the popularity. It ends up discouraging carpooling and usage of commuter buses because they end up clogged up with rich solo drivers. Many cities have de facto banned them anyway; you won't be able to use the sticker to get free use of the HOV lanes on either the 10 or 110 freeways in Los Angeles, for instance.

IrishNinja

fuck, Rick Scott can't get the fuckouttahere fast enough (assuming we don't put him in the senate next or some shit). it'd be great if the next one actually seemed to mind our descent into the sea.

we haven't had a dem governor since the 90s but there's some push this time, between GOP shitting all over everything and our state widely passing medical marijuana & tallahassee doing sweet fuckall about it, if the FL dems could just get their shihahahaha oh god i can't even finish this sentence

oh mayors too? yeah no surprise to see levine from the beach on here, he's a good dude. gimenez couldn't bend over for trump fast enough, and despite, you know, serving one of the largest immigrant cities in the country, went right on calling us "not a sanctuary city" and rolling out the red carpet for ICE. the dude has no spine for the least of us, and has a track record of showing up to everglade & other environmental efforts and basically giving the finger & asking for more votes next time.

fuck, i hate our politicians here. we kept spineless-ass rubio but at least pam bondi's not failing upwards yet.

Top Bottom