• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2: World Premiere Announcement - E3 2016 [Up: 18 minute video in OP]

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
https://youtu.be/NQS6stUX1Cs?t=3m1s

That dude doesn't look like Kanye man

Strangely enough, he actually looks more like Ray J.

NJqTbGI.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
i still cant believe the tools at ubisoft actually modeled the main character after kanye west. i can just visualize the board meeting

"hey guys lets make our main character black, that will really resonate with the cool, hip crowd!"

"ok, what do black people look/act like?"

"i dont know" *turns on BET* "hmm who is this kanye west person, he seems really outspoken and 90% of the shit he says is hella dumb and makes little to no sense. HES PERFECT!"

So you fabricated an imaginary scenario in your head and are now outraged at Ubisoft for that scenario?

cackhyena

i still cant believe the tools at ubisoft actually modeled the main character after kanye west. i can just visualize the board meeting

"hey guys lets make our main character black, that will really resonate with the cool, hip crowd!"

"i dont know" *turns on BET* "hmm who is this kanye west person, he seems really outspoken and 90% of the shit he says is hella dumb and makes little to no sense. HES PERFECT!"
This is seriously one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board in a good long while.

Disgraced

Marcus hasn't uttered a single word yet.

Jesus, the grasping at straws to hate on the main chracter/ubisoft is hilarious

It would be cooler if those were the only ones you could use but I bet you'll have traditional guns an hour in when you pick one up off an enemy. Ubisoft doesn't know the meaning of balance.

It'd be pretty lame if you couldn't pick up guns from a fallen enemy though, don't you think? I wouldn't like it if the gun was right there in front of me but I couldn't pick it up just because.

I plan to try to play with a non-lethal approach though anyway, if that is truly feasible (they may very well have some situations where that just isn't possible though).

It'd be pretty lame if you couldn't pick up guns from a fallen enemy though, don't you think? I wouldn't like it if the gun was right there in front of me but I couldn't pick it up just because.

I plan to try to play with a non-lethal approach though anyway, if that is truly feasible (they may very well have some situations where that just isn't possible though).

As cool as it is that it looks like we'll be able to print our own weapons in game, i agree that it would be super lame if they didn't allow you to pick up other weapons during missions lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
It would be cooler if those were the only ones you could use but I bet you'll have traditional guns an hour in when you pick one up off an enemy. Ubisoft doesn't know the meaning of balance.

Well all i want is a LTL gun and go around stunning people.

Cause why not?

DANCE PUPPET DANCE

Blunoise

Man black people cant even be accepted in games without pool fabricated a resins to hate him. I guess we will only have Brad Pitts and Ryan Gosling looking characters now

As a 27 black male I will have to continue relate to white heroes as always

It looks like it could be fun, gameplay wise, but thematically it looks like it aligns with my grandma's conceptions of what 'youth' and 'hacking' entails.

Reminds me of Sunset Overdrive in that regard, although obviously this game looks very different.

It will depend on how the game is written though, if the characters are likable then I will most likely enjoy it, but the overall tone of the trailer felt obnoxious and grating. I'm not sure I could tolerate that for 20 hours or so. I don't think it's because I'm 'too old for this either', I mean, I'm still at University, but I don't feel that this kind of tone represents youth culture anywhere I've observed. Perhaps within unemployed, uneducated social circles, but not typical youth.

Whatever though. I'll learn to like it if the characters are well written, as I say.

TheRed

I think the German football player someone pointed out here before actually did look a lot like the main character in this.

I started replaying through watchdogs as I enjoyed my time with it the first time round . It's definitely a dark and dreary game but I actually still love it.

However I'm down for a more vibrant city and having been to San Fran as a tourist I can't await to visit all the landmarks.

However still not sold on the teenage rebellion hacker but I'm willing to give it a chance . Mostly I am excited to see what you can hack in the city , as all they really showed was distracting someone's mobile (which the first one had on specific baddies).

I didnt see bollards / steam pipes , so I can't wait to see what other ways you can manipulate the world .

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm going to not bother watching ANY of the pre release hype stuff on this game this time through, wait maybe 2-3 weeks after its released, check out reviews, up lay matchmaking reviews and issues, bug reports, lets plays and do some other serious investigation before purchasing after i bought Into the hype last time, getting less visually, then never being able to get into anything multiplayer because the matchmaking always errors out for me, game always crashed etc etc, I'm wary...so very wary...

Sojgat

So WD had its on wind simulation, will this be present still, and what will WD2 have?

I hope so. Otherwise you get an open world game like Far Cry 4 that feels like it takes place on a holodeck. The only thing that worries me about this reveal footage is the distinct lack of weather effects on display. Seems like they're just trying to fudge it by constantly having falling leaves all over the place.

Hip Hop

Lmao

No

Chobel

VoGQJ.gif

I sure hope this is some kinda joke.

The tire noise at 15:40 in the announcement video was pretty damn good.

As for the game I'm just not sure. The changes look pretty neat and the new character seems to be a lot better than before. I really disliked the first game so I'm having trouble getting excited for this, but we'll see how it turns out.

Let's take a moment to calm down.

Not really feeling SF as the setting. Way too colourful for what it's trying to convey. A near future Chicago would have been amazing, but Ubi kinda dropped the ball on that last game.

Do I make any sense?

GavinUK86

Jesus christ icecold1983, you're the worst. So Ubisoft create a black protagonist, finally, and that makes him Kanye West? This is why we can't have nice things.

Angel_DvA

some posts here are embarrassing to read, why can't you just enjoy to have a Black MC on a game as huge as Watch Dog ? Ubisoft really is the Studio that put the most diverse ethnicity in their games and usually threat them well, just wait to see more from him before hating...

Henkka

Banned
some posts here are embarrassing to read, why can't you just enjoy to have a Black MC on a game as huge as Watch Dog ? Ubisoft really is the Studio that put the most diverse ethnicity in their games and usually threat them well, just wait to see more from him before hating...

This. It's pretty amazing how much shit Ubisoft gets for representation when AC is probably the most diverse AAA franchise around in terms of protagonists.

Braag

Were people complaining as much about Franklin in GTA V? Or was that okay because there were 2 other white protagonists as well?

platocplx

Or the guns are like smart gun works only on someone's biometric info. They could go there but at a certain point your able to hack that or something to use certain guns.

if you watch the few seconds i linked to and have any familiarity with kanye west youd recognize how much the character looks and even moves/walks/dresses like him

What's the other half of your ethnic mix? Maybe that's the half confusing things, dude doesn't appear to be modelled after Kanye at all.

Liking what I'm seeing so far, the first game was ok, but definitely had a lot of room for improvement.

Lmao bruh ? Like what...?

Tell us how much you hate rap cars

Ashtar

Breh.... Stop.... You brought shame upon my old Internet name and more importantly you're embarrassing yourself.

ZY2wC12.jpg

Top Bottom