• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2: World Premiere Announcement - E3 2016 [Up: 18 minute video in OP]

Ash735

I'm hoping the Co-Op stuff is Saints Row style where it counts for both players, it makes grinding and going for 100% MUCH more enjoyable when you have your friend there to chat with and work with.

rdytoroll

I'm cautiously optimistic now. They also promised a lot with the first one, but didn't quite hit the mark. I really love the setting

ezekial45

Banned
I'm glad to see you guys are willing to give the game a chance now. Last night's thread about the leaked ad was ridiculous. With the proper context and more info, we finally got to see what the game looks like now. And I really dig it. It's got energy and style, and there looks to be a lot more to say with its plot.

It seems like they're going for more social commentary with this game. Which is great, because the setting of San Francisco and the black protagonist can really say a lot of subversive and controversial things about life in the Bay Area. I'm not expecting anything on the level of the HBO show Silicon Valley or The Wire, but I do like what I'm seeing.

Man people always forget a lot of the past when ubisoft announced a new game...

The typical Ubisoft Open World playbook will probably used here again.

Not really impressed so far.

Yeah I will wait till release to see what the overall consensus is. I've gone a bit sour on Ubisoft, it started with this original Watch Dogs, hoping to get back to liking their stuff though.

icespide

Banned
so I'll buy and play this because I'm a sucker for AAA marketing and a total consumer whore but..

good god the hacker hipster doofus shit going on even in just the box art is really cringe worthy

Synless

Looks a lot like Gta online imo. Obviously there are differences, but the overall look reminds me of it.

bombshell

Omg.. im expecting drone racing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85Yu9-RWzI

rwzryaiv7zzyngzeyjdw.gif

There was a drone race in the gameplay footage.

It can only improve, might be interested for a couple bucks if the driving is completely overhauled. Such a big budget title with that piss poor physics/handling was ridiculous.

darthkarki

This is looking really good. I'm very excited. Of course, I was one of the five people on here who actually really liked Watch Dogs, so I was always looking forward to more.

The new main character looks really neat, much better than the crappy leaks. Parkour is looking awesome, super happy they're doubling down on that. Love that they're picking these underused cities as well. Chicago was a lot of fun and very different to most open world games, and I'm really looking forward to exploring San Francisco as well.

Also, quadcopter! Neat.

Jhn

That freerunning actually looks pretty damn cool. But I still cant over what an edgelord douche the protagonist seems to be.

The Division? lol

"Honest" and Ubisoft don't go hand to hand.

The Division reveal trailer was before next gen consoles had even been announced. That was years ago when that was still their practice

AC Syndicate and Far Cry Primal did not receive that treatment

Yoday

Someone needs to explain slippery to me because I dont get that feeling from Watch dogs . Especially since Gta is the game where you are constantly sliding
Yeah, I never understood the complaint either. There are some vehicles in WD that are super loose, but for the most part I found the driving to be much better than GTAV.

Anyway, game looks awesome. It looks like they really dialed up the hacking and world interaction. I like their focus on supporting multiple play styles, including hacking through an entire mission.

XAL

Looks good.

Looking good so far

And I don't get the "this is so Mr. Robot", WD2 has a complete different vibe, WD1 is much closer to Mr.Robot with Aiden as a sociophatic lonewolf

The group party environment dynamic, fun area as their base and dropping threat videos with masks - anti corporation. WD2 is definitely using Mr.Robot as a huge influence. I don't understand how you don't see it in WD2.

N° 2048

This is looking really good. I'm very excited. Of course, I was one of the five people on here who actually really liked Watch Dogs, so I was always looking forward to more.

The new main character looks really neat, much better than the crappy leaks. Parkour is looking awesome, super happy they're doubling down on that. Love that they're picking these underused cities as well. Chicago was a lot of fun and very different to most open world games, and I'm really looking forward to exploring San Francisco as well.

Also, quadcopter! Neat.

Hell yea, man. Agreed!

Verfault

A lot of people in this thread forget the Ubisoft Downgrade (TM) that always happens to the E3 footage.

I was thinking the same thing. Ubi does it every time. E3 comes out. Releases a Trailer.. Everyone loves it! Game comes out. Major downgrade. Everyone talks shit about it. Next E3 comes around. Release another Trailer. Everyone loves it. And so on, and so on.. and so on.. and so on..

SJRB

Gold Member
The parkour and the melee combat really wowed me, that was really cool stuff. And the main protagonist looks like a cool guy.

I didn't feel that leaked trailer from earlier today one bit, but I'm hyped as fuck now haha. Nicely done, Ubi.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Looks good to me though I wonder how many people might find themselves unable to relate to the main character.
5I5s8.png

NeOak

The Division reveal trailer was before next gen consoles had even been announced. That was years ago when that was still their practice

AC Syndicate and Far Cry Primal did not receive that treatment
We'll see. It will be a pleasant surprise if they don't downgrade. I wanted Watch Dogs E3 version.

EL CUCO

Does WD2 coming out in November basically confirm Ghost Recon will be out in 2017? Or do you guys think they're different enough to have their own player base?

Bandit1

Looks pretty good, parkour looks great, main character doesn't look as generic hipster as I first thought. Some of those car designs are pretty bad though.

The Division? lol

"Honest" and Ubisoft don't go hand to hand.

And on the other end you have AC Syndicate. Ubisoft said that games announced at E3 last year and forward would be more honest reveals/demonstrations. So that would be For Honor, this and future projects.

But yes sure, let's point at The Division and say that a company can not alter their path in the future even if they prove they can.

The parkor is exactly what assassins Creed needs. This over the top animation and style.

And the art style and overall vibe of the game just seems fun. I'm excited for it.

I didn't really like the look of that at all. Then again, I wasn't totally enthralled by the first game either.

At least we wont have to worry about downgrades. There didn't seem to be any graphical improvements that I could detect.

A lot of people in this thread forget the Ubisoft Downgrade (TM) that always happens to the E3 footage.

Are you suggesting that the E3 demo will look a lot better than what we just saw? That would be... weird. Not sure why they'd do that.

Top Bottom