• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2: World Premiere Announcement - E3 2016 [Up: 18 minute video in OP]

N° 2048

Or perhaps people just didn't enjoy the first game so have pretty low expectations for a sequel? Crazy thought huh?

Why does this game have to be made by Ubisoft.

I would be so much more excited if it wasn't.

There you go.

MtZ9N.gif

dreamfall

That was incredible. I was in the camp that liked a lot of the first game, so ready for a new protagonist, a better city, a better story, new hacking gadgets- HYPE!

SJRB

Gold Member
100% on board.

Was a bit iffy at the start, but they really showed a ton of improvements. I'm sad they moved away from the tech noir theme of the first game, but still. Looked dope as hell.

if you were to describe this game to me, i would scoff.

but watching the stream.... i gotta say, i'm loving it. looking back on the first game, it almost didn't make sense that Aiden would get all into hacking and combat and all that. but their explanation of the PC in the sequel being essentially a millennial 'hacktivist' makes a lot more sense, and almost seems feasible. i actually want to know his back story and how he fits into the big picture.

i think people annoyed with the theme and saying "edgelords" and stuff like that are just maybe feeling like the game is giving validity to people they don't like? i don't really think it's doing that so much as it's taking that subculture and dialing it up and giving it purpose. the use of drones, and the 3D printer, and little makerbot gadget type tech is just stuff people do, so making this character use them as tools just clicks, i think.

engine doesn't look like it's had much of an upgrade though. looks like they decided to make everything vibrant and stylized as opposed to getting it to match the fidelity of those early WD demos. i'm fine with it though. maybe PS4K version will add some bells and whistles though. (and better framerate)

HvySky

Thought the first game was bad. Like, really bad. This looks to be making some improvements for sure. If they can make an AC1 to AC2 like recovery with WD2, I'll be on board 100%.

Well, caught the last minute. Seems to be a more fun take on the original concept and the open world design screams GTAV in influence. Could be good.

Nowise10

How the hell did they create this game in 2 years? Creating San Francisco in all of its entirely plus everything else in the game in 2 years seems insane.

Well, I may be getting that game day one. They made a ton of improvements and I haven't played an Ubisoft open world game since the last Watch_Dogs.

Overall looks pretty cool.

Visuals look like a nice upgrade from the first game, although maybe seeing it after Horizon did make me initially a bit unimpressed. Seeing the scale though, this looks current gen rather than a bit cross gen like first. Will be annoying if this one isnt 1080p though.

Graphically it doesn't look a massive step up, but I'm really liking all the gadgets and hacking stuff they added, pretty much everything what I was hoping for, this actually might be very good.

Hacking vehicles, the drone and RC car are great additions and should change up gameplay quite a bit if used well. I'm liking that the story is more about Dedsec too, and not just a one man revenge story.

Tall4Life

Wasn't big on the first game, but this looks really interesting. The Bay Area's an awesome location for this to take place -- love the vibrance and color of everything too. Considering its Ubisoft, expectations have to be tempered, but hopefully it lives up to what they're promising.

Alright, I'm definitely interested after that premiere stream. I'm not very fond of the original, but the change in tone and locale here is really doing it for me.

Luq

Not liking the protagonist myself but for me it's an improvement on the first game, he was dull as dishwater

Yeah, no doubt. But still - Marcus is not dull for sure but I don't really think that thug-alike, emotional, jojo-fighting, parkour artist is the best option to sell a "hacker character".

When they talked about MP aspect, they showed other player playing a single player though... and the character looked different.

Does it mean that there will be mulitple characters in campaign or rather it's just "new character created for MP but can also be played single while online"?

platocplx

IM IN DAY ONE. Protagonist from freaking Oakland. All the new features. Co-op. I cant wait to play it. Really love the direction they are taking with this. Holy shit.

Raphael

Basically trying to be mr robot the video game. Looks kind of okay, but not getting my hopes up since it's ubi.

Hate the protagonist design though. Edgy to the extreeeeemeee. Maybe that's how SF is, I don't know.

XAL

Iconic attributes
There is nothing more hacker than this.

FailFish.png
WutFace.png

In all serious it looks like they haven't butchered the shit out of SF so far so I'm digging this.

The movement and hacking looks great. Graphics look a bit rough, but I guess we're still looking at beta.

Co-op is a big fucking get for me. Hopefully it'll actually work well.

I'm somewhat optimistic about this game.

Basically trying to be mr robot the video game. Looks kind of okay, but not getting my hopes up since it's ubi.

Hate the protagonist design though. Edgy to the extreeeeemeee. Maybe that's how SF is, I don't know.

Some people definitely dress like that guy. It isn't some ultra-youth tech stylz environment though.

Top Bottom