• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces&Eights

I don't get why they are being so quiet about it. Just tell us what it is. Sony is usually pretty good at keeping us informed. I wonder if Ubisoft said it was then took it back?

Hexa

I don't get why they are being so quiet about it. Just tell us what it is. Sony is usually pretty good at keeping us informed. I wonder if Ubisoft said it was then took it back?

I'm sure they'll tell us according to their normal schedule.

soony1hclm.png

R_Deckard

Wierd that they removed the 1080p text as well. Hasn't it been confirmed to be 1080p on PS4 several times before?
Maybe ubisoft put a cease and retract on them as no "Official" confirmation as come on resolution on X1 or PS4 ( only dev said 1080 ) so would be true you would think.

Hope restored all aboard the rescheduled 60fps hype train!!
original.gif

Aces&Eights

I'm sure they'll tell us according to their normal schedule.

soony1hclm.png

Ok, so they are 5 seconds ahead of Valve time?

OT: all will be revealed in a couple weeks. I can wait....I guess. I was one who was quite happy with ACBF. If it runs and looks the same I'm good to go.

Oh dear. A small poo will be hitting a medium sized fan at PlayStation HQ.

If it wasn't for the location (official Sony site) I'd have never believed at all, but the official nature gave me a small glimmer of hope. Nevermind.

I shouldn't be disappointed, but I kinda am :/

I never really had my hopes up, ever. It was just a curious cycle. If anything im disappointed neither company actually said anything because that's kinda cowardly. As for the actual game itself, considering the density ubi montreal is gunning for 60 fps seemed to impossible to be true. Possible, but just out of the realm and nothing to really get disappointed in.

Boss Mog

Honestly I would prefer 900p/60fps to 1080p/30fps

Battlefield 4 on PS4 is 900p/60fps (Single Player Campaign) and it looks great.

I seriously doubted ubi was going to have Watch dogs running at 60fps on PS4

1080p is almost guaranteed though, hopefully a solid 30fps as well

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Boss★Moogle;111676621 said:

Open world game vs linear game. Common.

mo60

I highly doubt this game will run at 900p if the framerate is locked at 30fps on the PS4.It will be crazy if it happened, but I doubt it.

Boss★Moogle;111676621 said:

900p/60fps would definitely be superior but I can't see that happening. And I doubt it would run 60fps if they rendered to 900p.

welp

lol knew it was to good to be true

they likely had that print there since before E3 2013

Edit: Of course I could still be wrong and the text could've been taken down under Ubi's request for damage control

Kssio_Aug

PS4 is doing 1080p and 30fps easily. I dont think this game will not be 1080p on PS4, except if bad ported, its not even looking as good as we expected by the 1st trailer.

I believe 1080p is almost certain. They just took out all the technical information to prevent more misleading information.

Boss Mog

Open world game vs linear game. Common.

The multiplayer runs at 60fps a lot of the time on Conquest maps which are pretty big. Sure there are dips when the action gets heated but there's also 64 players. Obviously I'm talking when the rubberbanding glitch isn't present which lately it hasn't been for me at all and all my Conquest games have been really smooth.

Kiant

Not really. It took them so long that sites like IGN, Eurogamer, Forbes just assumed it was legit.

2 days, Slony. It took you 2 days!

IGN thought it was so legit they didn't even try to contact Sony, they just had it as a headline "Sony confirm Watch_dogs 1080p 60fps!"

Gestault

I legitimately think 900p on a 1080p ~40 inch TV can looks excellent, so long as it's paired with higher-quality AA. I'd be happy with a slightly lower resolution if it means the image quality and detail is higher because of it. From what I've seen this gen, it's a softer image, but not necessarily to the visuals' detriment.

Darknight

If this game ends up being 792P/900P on PS4, I fear for the xbone version. We may be looking into 480P territory folks!

jk ofc

Autofokus

Wierd that they removed the 1080p text as well. Hasn't it been confirmed to be 1080p on PS4 several times before?

It's the right thing to do.
If or how a game gets advertised with such specific details, should be 100% in the hand of the publisher, not platform holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom