• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

This is what ubi said

PS4 would be 1080p but gave no info on frames (probably 30)

They never gave any info on the XBONE version though. (Though rumour is 960p 30 fps)

PC can go up to 4k and has an unlocked framerate.

sjay1994

How long until reviews will hit? I wonder if the res will remain unclear until then?

Depends on confidence of the game by the publisher. Sometimes it can come a week early, sometimes the day before, sometimes the day after.

Ubi was confident in farcry 3 and reviews came in a bit early.

Ubi typically lets the AC reviews come in the day of launch.

Who knows when the watch dogs reviews come in.

I preorderd via PSN to try out the pre load feature so no take backs, but I am really worried about how the game will turn out.

The press buzz is pretty positive, but the public is incredibly jaded by the game, and I am worried.

Funny thing, i actually overheard retailers saying they hoped Watchdogs would be the title that would sell consoles and lead to more sales in games in general. Apparently sales are slow where i live.

Depends on confidence of the game by the publisher. Sometimes it can come a week early, sometimes the day before, sometimes the day after.

Ubi was confident in farcry 3 and reviews came in a bit early.

Ubi typically lets the AC reviews come in the day of launch.

Who knows when the watch dogs reviews come in.

I preorderd via PSN to try out the pre load feature so no take backs, but I am really worried about how the game will turn out.

The press buzz is pretty positive, but the public is incredibly jaded by the game, and I am worried.
I'm sure it'll turn out fine, it looks like a blast to play. Some of the less edited previews seem really cool.

I believed....
Dr.-Who.gif

Shame on me...

Now no 1080p confirmed....

Dat parity /s

Dont feel so bad. I actually believed too! :(

FirewalkR

This game isn't even confirmed 1080p?

The hell is going on?

The game is 1080p on both consoles but 60fps on PS4. Ubi didn't allow Sony to reveal this yet to appease Microsoft and since 1080p isn't a unique selling point they've withdrawn both resolution and framerate from the site.

Come on, NeoGAF. Believe! :D

This game isn't even confirmed 1080p?

The hell is going on?
Imagine if they'd edited the text to just say '1080p'. That would be a direct confirmation that it isn't 60fps. Instead, they've removed the lot, which doesn't confirm anything and allows for lots of juicy speculation and keeps the hype train chugging along.

The game is 1080p on both consoles but 60fps on PS4. Ubi didn't allow Sony to reveal this yet to appease Microsoft and since 1080p isn't a unique selling point they've withdrawn both resolution and framerate from the site.

Didn't all the non-1080p-XB1-but-1080p-on-PS4 games also on the PS4 get day-one patches to make them 1080p?

Or am I remembering wrong?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Not expecting 60fps on anything other than PC but now I'm thinking it'll be a day 1 patch res update again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom