• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs [Leaked Footage]

Daedardus

I'm actually more interested in the interactibility of the game world. For an open-world game that's what makes or breaks the game. I really want some attention to detail and being able to do stupid stuff, like capsule vending machines and whatnot.

I'm actually more interested in the interactibility of the game world. For an open-world game that's what makes or breaks the game. I really want some attention to detail and being able to do stupid stuff, like capsule vending machines and whatnot.

It better have random encounters/events. I expect a decent amount of good quality random events in all open world games since RDR.

NHale

It's Watch Dogs. Of course there will be shitposting, no matter how good/bad it'll end up looking.

I believe the best thing that happened to the game is also the worst thing that happened to the game: the (in)famous E3 trailer.

I believe it made us all believe in the future. That was next-gen. That was what we were going to get during the launch period of a new generation after we were tired of last gen because it lasted for too long. That E3 was the year of the bow, sequel after sequel for games that we were already bored about. Suddenly Ubisoft showed that trailer and it was a breath of fresh air. We want that future, now!

Fast forward to 2014 and the game was downgraded, the visuals don't look so great and we feel cheated because we wanted that E3 trailer to be real. I believe that is the source of disappointment and some resentment towards the game.

This remind me of True Crime more than a GTA.
Bike looked like it was floating on pavement, and vehicles moving way too fast.
Will see once reviews hit.
Honestly after pushing it back the first time, then that chart for which vers. to get, then lying up until a week ago about resolution and framerate to get preorders built up; I'm not entirely sure I want to support this. We shall see I suppose.

Good, it would be barebones if there wasn't any hosts/ads. I don't have high hopes in music/OST department for WD, but come on, even Saint's Row had some. I'm sure Ubi can invest some money into good soundtrack.

I'd trade all the work they did on radio ads + music for an ambient score.like Red Dead Redemption. Just really long pieces of electronic, jazzy, spacey synth kind of stuff that sets the tone as you walk around in the rain, and increases in intensity when the action kicks in.

J-P

Neo Member
I believe the best thing that happened to the game is also the worst thing that happened to the game: the (in)famous E3 trailer.

I believe it made us all believe in the future. That was next-gen. That was what we were going to get during the launch period of a new generation after we were tired of last gen because it lasted for too long. That E3 was the year of the bow, sequel after sequel for games that we were already bored about. Suddenly Ubisoft showed that trailer and it was a breath of fresh air. We want that future, now!

Fast forward to 2014 and the game was downgraded, the visuals don't look so great and we feel cheated because we wanted that E3 trailer to be real. I believe that is the source of disappointment and some resentment towards the game.

You nailed it. Everyone was so excited and ready to get our hands on something that looked so damn good. Now a lot of people just feel let down, or even cheated out of something. I do think that the PS4 and maybe even the XB1 can produce what was shown, but obviously this game will not look like that. Whether it be because of last gen versions or whatever, it's just not gonna happen with this title. It is a let down but let's just hope the game itself is fun and that the next one and the others that are coming soon can bring those visuals that got us all so excited.

Definitely the review thread.

If it gets high reviews, people will go crazy.

If it gets average reviews, people will go crazy.

If it gets low reviews, people will go crazy.

How did Watch Dogs become such a pariah? Did the "downgradeaton" really cause that much angst amongst Gaffers?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Am I the only one that was wowed by that original Watch Dogs gameplay because the game itself looked so damn interesting, not because it was pretty? They've absolutely delivered on the promise of that reveal in my eyes. They delvered on that concept. At least it seems that way so far.

TheMan

How did Watch Dogs become such a pariah? Did the "downgradeaton" really cause that much angst amongst Gaffers?

i think it did. plus, the game was delayed for months, supposedly because internal reviews were mediocre to bad. i'm actually optimistic for this game and will be keeping my pre-order, but watch dogs has had a rough go of it on neogaf for a while.

we already know though that the game suffers visual in the day time in terms of looks

how big is the map to begin with?

Edit: Seeing the new footage more, it doesn't look that different from the PS4 footage in the day

High!

Simply said they would ship BY friday, so you could get it friday or saturday from them.

Tesco said they would also ship on Friday, so you would get it saturday.

A lot of stores will be getting shipments on the 22nd, so having simply say they will ship on the 22nd or 23rd makes sense.

Well I better not fucking get it on Wednesday, or it goes back (and I'll get it at the shop that is.)

Aye, I have mine preordered with ShopTo and they havent failed me before.
Hoping to have this for the Bank Holiday Weekend!

My goodness, that has to be last last gen version, if not that is really disappointing, last gen needs to die.

lol the video is hella compressed and even with that in mind show me one open world game from last gen that nears this visual level that didn't cost the genre leader well over a hundred million to produce

Fixed that for you.

I don't know about that man, I'm not seeing a single car repeated twelve times in different colors at one intersection

original

original

so populate
such varied

cormack12

Gold Member
Watch_Dogs |OT| Aiden's smartphone is higher res.

On a serious note, I generally think reviews are written for a majority of target audience so I can see this scoring 7-8 which from what I've seen seems a little harsh. No one can judge the campaign yet but what I've been impressed with from the footage is the multiplayer aspect.

The 1 v 1 invasion is very interesting. In bitesize chunks, and the objective is not twitch shooting. It looks like you can accept or ignore invasion contracts. Not too sure if there is a time limit on invasions though - like if you get invaded, do you get a respite period of say 30 minutes where you can't be invaded again? Would be interesting to get an answer on that actually.

The decrypt mode looks fun and I think the small teams will actually encourage teamwork as well. I actually think the MP on it looks really well thought out and delivered. Not too sure on the interfaces and HUDS from screen caps though. Smartphone looks too big and cluttered and the gun HUD just looks confusing. I hope it's not another ACIII HUD disgrace.

watchdogs-e32012.jpg

WDWeaponSelectMenu.jpg

cackhyena

Does anyone know if it's possible to avoid police like you can in GTA5? Like, even though they are in your general area, if you are out of line of sight for long enough, they scram? Guess I haven't seen that situation yet in any footage. Someone is usually hacking or shooting their way out.

Top Bottom