• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs [Leaked Footage]

Wait for Digital Foundry. Then you'll see whether or not the "hate" is justified.

IMO digital foundry won't prove or disprove a thing. Knowing a game's technical achievements and drawbacks is nice and all, but it won't tell us very much about how worthwhile or good the game ends up being in the end. I personally like what I've seen. I see a good deal of potential in the game. All the footage I've seen, I've seen people playing a bit gungho and doing all sorts of crazy stuff, as opposed to being more low key, blending in and using the hacks more creatively. I see many triggering stuff with no purpose in mind. For example, that steam or smoke from the ground, I can see that being one pretty damn awesome distraction depending on what the player is trying to achieve.

This game looks really good. I don't understand all the hate.
It certainly looks like a lot of fun. And i also think it looks good enough.
What we see now is mostly beta and even that looks good enough to enjoy as a game. It will look better in retail (on PS4).

I'm at a point where i can say i will buy it even without reviews or DF jusgements. There is a lot to do and the free roaming and copchases alone will keep me busy for hours. Then there is the story, the invasions (probably the most exciting moments), the digital trips, sidemissions, etc.
I like how pedestrians react to stuff. And i think it will be fun hacking stuff around you (maybe it will get repetative after a while, sure).

Driving looks like it will control like shit though.

woen

Twitch is not really the right place to stream games before release
wtzgU.gif

Certinty

That guy got banned for the 5th time just a few minutes ago.

Why doesn't he just record gameplay and upload it to a fake FB account or something? Ubininjas are everywhere.

I think the game has a lighting or texturing bug on PS4, we saw it on the boat gif. Very minor issue, only appears for a second...

the architecture and object lod is really fantastic though (going by that youtube stream video that was deleted), pop ups minimal.

Going out on a limb, but this looks like a potential killer app for me. When this game is played correctly, it looks incredible. It will be interesting to see how the overall game is executed.

Top Bottom