• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legions Upscaled 4k on XSX

THEAP99

Banned
My friend brags about running games on pc in 4k but his pc is an Alienware prebuilt. how does he figure out if it's upscaled 4k or not?

mejin

images

Oh, the karma...

Yoboman

Can you not see the hypocrisy in you baiting people in here over info used from a DF employee when you yourself talk shit about them? I do. Also, are you ok? not sure what happened with your post there.
Only time I've criticised them is when they got Demons Souls resolution wrong. Which is a fair critique.

But hey, is resolution important or not? It seemed awfully important in the Assassins Creed thread only hours ago

I guess ad hominem is the go to move when you dont like the content of the thread

Stuart360

A few months ago Valhalla early build was Ps5 and XSX at 4k30 and now we get a ubi blog of 4k30RT on watchdogs, 4k60 on Valhalla.

Ubisoft are ubisoft, wait until you see the results.
Ubisoft said 'At least 30fps on XSX', so they obviously knew they had some performance there to possibly push further.
They should say 'dynamic 4k' though. Most casuals will just see 4k and think its native.

Skifi28

Pretty much as expected. This'll likely be the deal for a good percentage if not most games going forward, and it's fine for 500 dollar boxes. You don't need native 4k for a clear image.

Garani

I thought Dynamic 4K was fine? Oh right, this is about Xbox so it's now bad. Also, funny to see DF is now a trusted source once again. How the turn tables.

I have no problem if my friendly spidey is dynamic 4k/30 with full raytracing. Problem is that for the XBox fans, up to yesterday, had major problems with it, and it is hilarious to see them have a panic attack.

So, I got my popcorn, and I am reading the threads. And I say it now: I don't care how it runs on PS5, since I am playing it on PC.

Banned
I mean it makes sense depending on the option/feature, but there has to be a way for better consistency.

without looking into it, my bet would be that they have just the highest settings marked as Ultra, and then name them step by step going down.
since there is only 3 steps down for RT, medium is the lowest...

just a guess... should there be an option that only goes up to high or something my theory is disproven lol

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
without looking into it, my bet would be that they have just the highest settings marked as Ultra, and then name them step by step going down.
since there is only 3 steps down for RT, medium is the lowest...

just a guess... should there be an option that only goes up to high or something my theory is disproven lol

Makes sense on paper but this is ubisoft. Its like trying to decipher...well, anything from ubisoft.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
My friend brags about running games on pc in 4k but his pc is an Alienware prebuilt. how does he figure out if it's upscaled 4k or not?
It's possible, those with 3000USD+ price sticker, can do such things.

Most often it's just setting that resolution and don't change...how is it called...resolution scalling and don't fuck around DLSS.

Last edited:
I have no problem if my friendly spidey is dynamic 4k/30 with full raytracing. Problem is that for the XBox fans, up to yesterday, had major problems with it, and it is hilarious to see them have a panic attack.

So, I got my popcorn, and I am reading the threads. And I say it now: I don't care how it runs on PS5, since I am playing it on PC.
There are literally millions of Xbox fans, and the majority aren’t on here saying anything so yeah whatever I guess.

Elias

I guess you literally haven't learnt have you? They're both going to be be upscaled you're just setting your self up to look like a Muppet once again
Once again, proof? And the only claim about resolution I made about this game was the ps5 version being 1280p upscaled to 4k and we soon shall see if I'm correct. But regarding Valhalla the game is confirmed upscaled 4k on PS5 despite the game having no ray tracing.

Dodkrake

Banned
I'll be consistent with my past opinions around consoles and resolution: 4k is overkill, especially when there is a plethora of upscaling techniques available. So what it's variable Res? If it makes for a better looking presentation then so be it.

Only time I've criticised them is when they got Demons Souls resolution wrong. Which is a fair critique.

But hey, is resolution important or not? It seemed awfully important in the Assassins Creed thread only hours ago

I guess ad hominem is the go to move when you dont like the content of the thread

It’s not the content of the post by the OP, but you trying to bait people with memes.

that’s not content, that’s just pure fanboy stuff.

geordiemp

What does this have to do with RT? The topic is about 4K upscaling...

Everything, BVH RT isvery frame time expensive, therefore lower resolutions and often frame rates with possible upscaling.

Its all about the frame time. Anyway, 1440 is fine, native 4k is a waste. Temporal is good nowadays.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
But on PC you can turn it off, turn up or down the resolution, lock to 30fps, lock to 60fps, turn certain settings down to get higher frames, use DLSS , etc.

On consoles devs already do all that work for you. And DLSS apparently doesn't change much the situation on this game (more or less 4 fps someone said). The game is just poorly optimized.

Last edited:

Yoboman

It’s not the content of the post by the OP, but you trying to bait people with memes.

that’s not content, that’s just pure fanboy stuff.
He made a salty reply bringing up PS5 for no reason and I called him out for it. Stop looking for the agenda in everything

Everything, BVH RT isvery frame time expensive, therefore lower resolutions and often frame rates with possible upscaling.

Its all about the frame time.

Right, I know that, but that’s not what this topic was posted for. You know that, I know that and even Yobo knows that since he’s literally baiting people with memes.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Weren’t the Xboys just mocking the ps5 yesterday for Valhalla for the same thing?
And PS5 warriors were dunking over no series x ray tracing at launch lol. No point calling out 1 side both fo it jump to conclusions.

I dont give a damn about resolution its gonna be the same across the board same rez same fps. Im actually excited for sheer ssd speed mean no more waiting for am hour and the controller and the tempest 3d audio i dont have to actually shout at my tv now demanding on wheres the audio

geordiemp

Right, I know that, but that’s not what this topic was posted for. You know that, I know that and even Yobo knows that since he’s literally baiting people with memes.

To be fair, it does not even set a benchmark for either console, as its ubisoft and same games are all over the place on PC cards as well.

But its also fair game after the ridicuous Valhalla thread and RDNA3 nonsense that went on this afternoon. You also know thats true.

At least I am looking forward to Immortals - that looks more interesting.

Last edited:

kyoji

Yes they did but now they are acting like victims.
Thats there MO, and also "please wait" once the bad news breaks that there 'more powerful' box isnt going to show the gains they were hoping for over the competition in multiplatforms, then the excuse will go towards developers getting the tools late because MS waited till last min. you can already see it coming, 🤣 and then when that runs out itll just switch to something else. Always the victim unless they think they have something to gloat about, reality bout to check in quick though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol this explains why there is no 1440p 60 fps mode. they can only do 30 fps at 1440p.

i fear for the PS5 and xss versions.

Krisprolls

Banned
Wow, I thought it would be a bit higher. 1440p is kinda low for XSX. We're quite far from native 4K here (less than half the pixels).

Then again, the game is poorly optimized so maybe resolution will be better for the next games.

Last edited:

Elias

Weren’t the Xboys just mocking the ps5 yesterday for Valhalla for the same thing?
Valhalla doesn't have ray tracing, making it much less computational expensive as this game... and yet PS5 doesn't run it natively at 4k.

To be fair, it does not even set a benchmark for either console, as its ubisoft and same games are all over the place on PC cards as well.

But its also fair game after the ridicuous Valhalla thread and RDNA3 nonsense that went on this afternoon. You also know thats true.

At least I am looking forward to Immortals - that looks more interesting.
Look, at least from what I remember I wasn’t part of that thread other than reactions I’m sure, call me out if wrong though.

I’m sure we can both agree it’s more on Ubi than both consoles.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Neither really makes since untill we know how ACV runs on XsX and how WDL runs on PS5, but one has heavy use of RT and one doesnt so you cannot compare the two as equals.

Proelite

Wow, I thought it would be a bit higher. 1440p is kinda low for XSX. We're quite far from 4K native here.

Then again, the game is poorly optimized so maybe resolution will be better for the next games.

It takes a RTX 2080TI to get 1440p30 with RTX on, DLSS off. 3090 for 4k30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom