• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We're halfway through 2017. What's your favorite game so far this year?

Tigress

I want to say Horizon Zero Dawn but I think I enjoyed Persona 5 even more (more relaxing). I may have nothing new left to play for the rest of the year but I got two excellent games at the beginning.

Odd thing is I'd probably give Horizon game of the year and it is my second favorite series (since Sony wanted to make it one if it was successful enough and I'm sure it was I already am confident it will get a second one). It's just that Persona was more relaxing and I really enjoyed a more laid back, enjoy the story game.

Bah, this is difficult. I'll give it a shot.

1. Persona 5
2. Nioh
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Breath of the Wild
5. Resident Evil VII

It'll probably change once Super Mario Odyssey is out.

ubiblu

Breath of the Wild, followed by Dragon Quest XI.

Persona 5 and Yakuza Zero are 2016/2015 games for me, but both amazing obviously.

Stuck between BotW and Persona 5 at the moment but also haven't beaten either yet o we'll see. Major props to Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata which would have been easy GOTY's almost any other year. God 2017 has been amazing for video games.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Nioh <3
Horizon Zero Dawn

It's been a fantastic year for gaming so far; many quality meaty titles in 2017 so far.

As of today:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Yakuza 0
3. Prey
4. What Remains of Edith Finch
5. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

The only 2017 games I've played are Little Nightmares and Rime. Loved both but giving Rime the nod. It's such a fun world to explore. Im going back through on a second playthrough right now and doing achievements and collectibles.

Sadly I have yet to play breath of the wild or I'm pretty sure that would be my game of the year. Got tired of waiting for it to come out and traded in my wii u. Finances are too tight to get a switch right now when im thinking about getting a 4k tv this fall. So that's where I'm at with gaming at the moment.

BenJafaar

Neo Member
For now:

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda: Botw
3. Horizon
4. Yakuza 0
5. Nier: Automata
6. Nioh
7. Prey

RE7, Uncharted ,Odyssey, Hellblade still coming.

Best year in a long time.

Horizon Zero Dawn for me I think. Brand new game but meticulously made. I had no bugs or crashes - it just worked and it was enjoyable for me from start to finish. It's not for everyone of course because nothing is for everyone. Great game.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn - the story pushed it ahead of No 2 for me
2. Zelda: BOTW - I had great fun with the game but in the end it just did offer me the story density I like
3. Persona 5

Lemonte

Zelda, I burned through it pretty fast and it got pretty repetitive but it was amazing experience.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is my most played game this year and close second.

Opt1kon_

Horizon Zero Dawn, Is definitely Say while not being new as far as Mechanics I've enjoyed the story's and the gameplay Overall feels solid, Love the Picture Mode and All The photos that folks put up on Twitter every single day literally one of my Favorites so far

As Honorable Mentions i'd Like to say PUBG & Persona 5 &#55357;&#56473;

Tyaren

Horizon Zero Dawn, by far. I thought maybe Uncharted The Lost Legacy could replace it as my favorite...but while it was a great game, it didn't quite manage to outshine Horizon.
Now I don't think there is any game scheduled this year that could outshine it. I very much doubt AC Origins will from what I saw so far...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Surprised at all the Horizon posts.... that's awesome. I skipped out on the game because it was releasing right next to Zelda and I still had Nioh and Gravity Rush to play. I should really considering picking up Zero Dawn.

That said, no way does it top my #1 this year: Breath of the Wild. Zelda on Switch (and WiiU) isn't just the best game of the year, it's arguably sitting right next to Bloodborne as the game of the generation. No doubt, it's the best open world game of all time.

But, second place would go to Sonic Mania, for sure. It's incredible, too.

No matter how you slice it, this has been a phenomenal year for games.

kc44135

Resident Evil 7. Survival Horror is one of my favorite genres, and RE7 is by far the best attempt at it this generation. It's also the only game I've replayed multiple times this year. So good! BOTW would be my runner-up, but I was really disappointed with certain aspects of it (mainly very poor dungeons and bosses that rank as perhaps the worst of the series, NES games aside, of course). Overworld exploration was aces, though (even if I wish there was some actual overworld music while you explored).

Sjefen

Cant decide beetween Nioh and HZD, they are so good in their own way. Looking forward to Battlefront 2 which I think will be the game we all wanted.

HF2014

BoTW . Was there any other interesting major release beside that? Waiting for Wolfenstein 2, Everybodies Golf, Gran Turismo ( if there is weather tracks , or else they can kiss my ass ), COD WWII. Going to wait for the 20$ pit for REVII and maybe Horizon, but seriously, nothing made me drop on the floor more than BoTW.

watdaeff4

Right now- Zelda

But I really want to play Horizon Zero Dawn before the year is up.

Honorable Mention: Resident Evil 7 as it was an amazing comeback for the franchise and my favorite easily since 4

Top Bottom