• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best Rail Shooters on the Wii?

Piccoro

Thanks to this thread I discovered Ghost Squad! Thanks.

What is your opinion on WiiWare's Zombie Panic in Wonderland, guys?

Zombie_Panic_in_Wonderland_Coverart.png

I really liked the demo. I have some points left on the Wii Shop and I'm on the fence about getting it or Wild Guns.

cantona222

Thank you guys for all your recommendations. For now I ordered RE: Dark side Chronicles & S&P 2. I may buy the rest later if I beat what I ordered and the prices are still sub-$15.

What I meant was, buy it on PC and skip the Wii version--looks better, more content, plus Typing mode.

Huh, how did I manage to mess that up? lol. But you're right, but I can agree with getting only the PC version if you can get a decent pointer on PC, as others have mentioned in the thread.

Unfortunately for those who have touch screens, the game doesn't work too well with it, though, because you have to double tap in the same spot to shoot.

Platy

Sin & Punishment and the Resident Evil games are the most meaty and awesome ... but ...

I need your opinion. I'm in the mood to play a rail shooter game on the Wii using the Wii remote as a gun. Some simple Arcady couch co-op fun.

You need House of the Dead Overkill.

Should be noted that this game features heavy swearing and some nsfw scenes.

jimi_dini

Thank you guys for all your recommendations. For now I ordered RE: Dark side Chronicles & S&P 2. I may buy the rest later if I beat what I ordered and the prices are still sub-$15.

Get House Of The Dead: Overkill as well in case you like B-movies and lots of (really funny) cursing.

It fucking uses the word fuck 189 f'cking times (f'cking world record).

Oh, I somehow forgot Link's Crossbow Training. That game is pretty awesome, though short. It basically uses the Twilight Princess assets to make a lightgun shooter. There are also some 3rd person shooter levels where you move Link with the analog stick as you aim and shoot, and I must say Zelda works very well as a 3rd person shooter.

The best part is the Darknut boss (level 7-3 I believe) which is one of the 3rd person shooter levels. It's a fun boss that sometimes splits up into a barrage of bats, flying around the room as you shoot them, forming back together into a Darknut elsewhere.

The Wii had some crazy plastic peripherals that were for the most part nothing but decoration (remember those tennis rackets and golf clubs for Wii Sports?) but that gun peripheral is by far one the best of them. Makes light gun games so good. I haven't tried the official Wii Zapper, but I like how this gun shell doesn't mandate the use of the Nunchuck. It also has the expansion port on the bottom of the gun for if you do want to attach a Nunchuck.

Are these games really in the same genre as Sin & Punishment? I've never played any of the others, but I thought they were more like lightgun shooters.

The Nyko Wii Wand Action Pak surpasses it. You can swap the trigger between activating A&B and the trigger doesn't have to physically hit the button on the remote thanks to the Trans port tech. Apparently their nunchuck with trans port tech has force feedback.

A thing I notice is I find it harder to move as quickly but come to think of it, I never did change it from the default sensitivity (my comparison of an official remote might have been more sensitive).

Krejlooc

Banned
I disagree. Typing of the dead is good, but if you want to play the shooter version, clicking on zombies with a mouse has got nothing on a light gun/wii remote experience.

You can have the same experience with a razer hydra or, presumably, a sixense stem.

Boss Mog

The fact that it took five posts for Sin and Punishment: Star Successor to appear in this thread saddens me.

Top Bottom