• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated titles for the rest of 2011?

Hiltz

3DS

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Starfox 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Wii

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Conduit 2
Kirby
XenoBlade (if it comes out)
The Last Story (if it comes)
Retro City Rampage
La Mulana

360/PS3

Mortal Kombat 9
Batman: Arkham City
Rage
Portal 2
The Last Guardian
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Journey

PC

Diablo 3

Jeez, there are so many to name off already. I feel like I say this every year, but now's a good time to be a fan of video games. I'll just do my top three:

1. Catherine
I love storytelling in video games, even though it's not considered the most refined medium for compelling stories. Catherine's unique take on adventure and puzzle gameplay really stands out to me, and the talent behind the game only reinforces my hype. Summer just got that much hotter! ..Or cooler, whichever you prefer.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
It's a new Zelda game, and I'm a big time fan of the series like many people here. The two brief trailers we've seen hold tons of promise for nifty combat and exploration ideas, and my mind runs wild thinking about the possibilities and potential.

3. Mighty Milky Way
The few interviews and articles I've read about this action-platformer from Wayforward have made me all excited to see this crazy DSiware title in action. Creating and blowing up planets, an alien singing pop music, a T-Rex who enjoys hanging with and chasing said alien, and sweet, sweet pixel art. What's not to look forward to?

I left out Xenoblade since it's fate is still kinda up in the air. Really curious about it though.

bigace33 said:

How could I forget about this gem? This is my favorite gaming series. No way am I missing this on day one.

chuck_norris_gifs_2.gif

Boney

Banned
that stupid website wasn't awesome enough for rhythm heaven

are you guys awesome enough for rhythm heaven?

Haha, anyways, the new Rhythm Tengoku game would probably be my number 4. The DS game made me feel at one with music, and it was awesome.

PS3:

Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3
Dark Souls
Gotham City
Maybe MGS: Rising if it isnt horrible.

3DS:

Anything Atlus related

PC:
Portal 2 (I'm going to play it on my PC but I'll most likely get the game for the PS3 as it unlocks the steam version)

My wallet is going to be in terrible condition at the end of the year.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Boney said:
that stupid website wasn't awesome enough for rhythm heaven

are you guys awesome enough for rhythm heaven?

That's why you always rehost!

Haven't heard of it, so it's a flight simulation game with cartoon airplanes?

Blader

Skyward Sword
Gears 3
Arkham City
Uncharted 3
LA Noire
The Last Guardian + Team ICO Collection
Ocarina of Time 3D
Battlefield 3

Boney

Banned

randomkid

StuBurns said:
Last thing I read they weren't sure they would be having a book with the PS3 version (although they have shown what it would look like if they did)

Hmm where did you read this?

Here's the last thing I think we've heard about Ni no kuni being released in America:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/07/level-5-ceo-hints-at-north-american-releases-for-ni-no-kuni-ina/

Hino apparently told Nintendo Power he'd like to bring Ni no kuni and Inazuma out in America back in July. So he's talking about the DS version. Where did you hear about the PS3 version? (although I do personally think it's far more likely to come out here than the DS one).

Rham

Banned
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Battlefield 3
LA Noire
Gears of War 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
inFAMOUS 2
The Last Guardian
Batman: Arkham City
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Forza 4
Resistance 3
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Portal 2
SOCOM 4
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Twisted Metal

I AM FUCK

Lots of games I want this year, can't be arsed talking about all of them.

On the console and PC front:

Portal 2 - PC

L.A. Noire - PS3

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - PC - Not played the original yet (it's sitting ready on my Steam backlog), but I will rectify that before this arrives. One of the best looking games I have ever seen, all thanks to the unlimited power of PC.

Catherine - PS3

Team ICO Collection - PS3 - SoTC is a classic and one of the best games ever made, so an HD port is something I would like to frame and put on my wall. Ico is a nice inclusion too as I haven't played it. The package is a great fix since TLG ain't coming this year.

Gears of War 3 - Xbox 360

Batman: Arkham City - PC

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - PS3 - Sequel to one of the best franchises in gaming today. Not much more needs to be said really.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PC - I've never been an Elder Scrolls fan, but I cannot stop watching the trailer due to the combination of the excellent world, vocal talents of Max Von Sydow and incredible music.

Forza Motorsport 4 - Xbox 360 - Now that GT is unofficially dead, we can look forward to the next incarnation of the new simulated racing king.

Battlefield 3 - PC - One look at the latest GDC reveal is enough to get me hyped. Bad Company 2 was pretty awesome and this looks at least two times as good. 64 players with destructible environments and jets!

Mass Effect 3 - PC - While ME2 was a bit of a let down in many regards, it was still a good game and successfully acted as a catalyst for what will hopefully be a stellar conclusion. Clint Mansell is scoring which gives it an instant free pass from me.

Tomb Raider - PC - I have always enjoyed TR games, but felt they could be even better if they became proper adventure games with survival elements. This entry is promising to realise that dream through a Metroidvania style. It's set up so perfectly that I want it more than U3.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC - Impressions are pointing towards a game which has managed to modernise the amazingly detailed and open, yet aged and at times cumbersome Deus Ex formula. Let us pray those impressions are correct.

Dark Souls - Xbox 360 - Finally, the biggest one on the list. Sequel to 2009 GOTY (and arguably the best game of the generation), this is looking so unbelievably promising for a sequel. I'm glad it's on 360 too as I will soon be banned from PSN and online is integral to its success.

On handhelds:

Nintendo 3DS

Metal Gear Solid 3D - 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3DS - Never played it, so the prospect of experiencing this in the best possible way with 3D is incredibly exciting.

Final Fantasy Type-0 - PSP

The 3rd Birthday - PSP

Kid Icarus: Uprising - 3DS

Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection - PSP

On downloadable front:

Radiant Silvergun - XBLA

FEZ - XBLA

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - XBLA

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Edition - XBLA

PIX’N LOVE RUSH - PSP Mini

GQman2121

Banned
Last Guardian
Arkham City
LA Noire
Portal 2
Mortal Kombat
Team ICO Collection
Uncharted 3
Journey <- I can admit, I know nothing about this game, other than the fact that it's from the people who did Flower and I loved Flower.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tales of Graces F: I loved the Japanese version, so I'm really psyched to play this in English. IMO, it has the best 3D console battle system in the Tales series (though I do appreciate Tales of Rebirth's combat system as well). It's quick, adds elements of strategy and the moves are just fun to execute.

Catherine: It looks like a work of art. I think I want to play this moreso for the story than the gameplay. Played the demo, gameplay didn't bother me too much, so I'm buying this Day 1.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: I love Zelda. I haven't played a bad Zelda game on a Nintendo console yet. I don't think it's going to be as bad as a lot of people seem to think it might be. Very interested in what direction this game takes the Zelda series in.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS: See above. I'm psyched to play this on the go after seeing the new screens from GDC. Hopefully we'll get a Majora's Mask remake soon.

Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection: I have a soft spot for this one because it's the first FF I played that I enjoyed, having played the first FF a few months before. I prefer the look of the sprite-based remake over the 3D remake anyway.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Drake is quite a charismatic character. I enjoyed the previous two entries, so I'm looking forward to this one. It looks great, at least.

The Last Guardian: I loved ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, so I want to see what Fumito Ueda has up his sleeve this time.

Persona 2 Portable: I love the SMT games and will probably get nearly anything Atlus throws out that caters to my interests. Persona 2: Innocent Sin's remake is shaping up to be something pretty awesome to those who have played it, and those who haven't.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: I didn't like Final Fantasy XIII too much. I thought it was mediocre, but definitely not the worst game I've ever played since I've played worse (Beyond the Beyond, Quest 64, Secret of the Stars and Paladin's Quest say hi). I hope FFXIII-2 will be better, but that's probably being incredibly optimistic, given SE's latest track record with regards to shaping narratives. I really want Final Fantasy XIII-2 to be better, though.

Final Fantasy Type-0: I'm still trying to decide whether I should import this or not. When it was called "Agito XIII", it was the only game in the FNC games that consistently kept me interested. The latest trailer from January wowed me over and I can't wait to get my hands on this. It looks good, it looks like it plays good, and the plot sounds great.

Edit: Totally forgot The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and Paper Mario 3DS. :(

There are a few games that I might get, but just not Day 1: Ar Tonelico Qoga, Dissidia Duodecim, Okamiden, Dark Souls and Valkyria Chronicles 3. I hope Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Xenoblade, and The Last Story are released here, but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

Not listing FF Versus XIII because I highly doubt that it'll come out this year.

AniHawk

portal 2
skyward sword

...uh, i guess that's it. i mean, yeah, i'll want to play the 3ds games, arkham city, mass effect 3, and others and i'm looking forward to doing so but it's not I HAVE TO PLAY THIS level of anticipation.

oh, and add last guardian and fez to the list if they actually come out this year.

bigace33

Ryu bogard said:
Catherine
Dark Souls
Uncharted 3
Torchlight Xbla
Radiant Silvergun
Super Street Fighter 4 3DS
Zelda OOT 3DS

Really Looking forward to playing Zelda OOT for the first time. I been hearing it's the best Zelda for so many years now i cant wait to play it.
OOT was great for it's time. How they managed to get that crappy N64 controller to perform so well is a great mystery. It was perfect for the game. One of the all time greats

Man, I only finished Uncharted 2 a couple of weeks ago and already I can't fucking wait for U3. Zelda, Portal and Batman will be fucking hype as well.

Gravijah

Tricky I Shadow said:
Where is the Red Faction love GAF? : (
I can't believe I missed out on RFA :(
Green Scar said:
Man, I only finished Uncharted 2 a couple of weeks ago and already I can't fucking wait for U3. Zelda, Portal and Batman will be fucking hype as well.

I played halfway through UC1 before randomly losing interest. Maybe I should skip ahead to UC2.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Graces F
Tales%20of%20Graces%20F_cover.jpg

Catherine
famitsu-catherine-ps3.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning-FFXIII-2.jpg

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise
No-More-Heroes-Heroes-Paradise.jpg

The Last Guardian
184371-the-last-guardian.jpg

Portal 2
portal_2-june11.jpg

Uncharted 3
uncharted3box.jpg

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
FINAL-FANTASY-IV-Complete-Collection-Screens-PSP.jpg

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
51zCm1-eMVL.jpg

Anth0ny

1. Skyward Sword
2. OOT 3DS
3. Paper Mario 3DS
4. Pokemon Black/White
5. Mario Kart 3DS

Not to much this year for me. Looks like a lot of American-developed games are coming out though. I should play Uncharted/Mass Effect one of these days.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Not much love for Tales of Graces F? :(

Gravijah said:
I played halfway through UC1 before randomly losing interest. Maybe I should skip ahead to UC2.

Maybe you should. Maybe you should also play it online with me? :D (I want to do the co-op stuff sometime, fucking co-op with randomers though)

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Maybe you should. Maybe you should also play it online with me? :D (I want to do the co-op stuff sometime, fucking co-op with randomers though)

Haha someday, maybe I'll rent it or something. Just don't sell it to GAME or whatever you Europeans do.

Gravijah said:
Haha someday, maybe I'll rent it or something. Just don't sell it to GAME or whatever you Europeans do.

I barely know GAME anymore, haven't shopped in there for like 3 years. They'd probably give me a pound for U2. :/ Play.com/Amazon ftw. But yeah, I don't plan to get rid of it.

Canova

Banned
I'm gonna keep my eyes on these too:

- Alice: Madness Returns
- L.A. Noire
- Legends of Heroes: TiTS
- Catherine

Thoraxes

Catherine
Skyrim
Witcher 2
Pokemon Black
Skyward Sword
OOT:3DS
Starfox:3DS
Phoenix Wright x Layton (I can dream)
Paper Mario 3DS
Tales of Graces
TLG
ICO/SotC collection
Portal 2
Episode 3... Hahaha yeah right
FFXIII-2
Arkham City

To sum up, Nintendo first party titles, JRPG, WRPG, and a healthy dose of action games.

Man do I love my Jrpgs.

Top Bottom