• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what can sony do to counteract the 360 gta4 dlc exclusive?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I came to this thread to laugh a bit. But it seems all the flames have been extinguished.

My question is: Does anyone think its odd we have no info whatsoever on this DLC with so little to go before the game launch?

When is this DLC even supposed to arrive? If its not until the fall or later, then I can see the lack of advertising, but if its sooner than that, you'd think MS would plaster us with info of how many hours of DLC, details of exclusive cars and cribs, screenies and so forth of exclusive areas... And even for a late fall release, youd think they would give some details of some sort...

Why would the devs not hype it up? Why would MS who paid a buttload not hype it up?

bryehn

DLC or not I'm buying the PS3 version first. I know this game will spend some days running 8 or 10 hours straight, and my 360 isn't always up to the task of sessions like that.

If the DLC rumour is true, and it's Xmas or 2009 when it comes out, I'll pick up the 360 version at that point...probably used and/or cheaper than new to play the DLC stuff.

If the DLC was out after just a few weeks, I'd chance it on the 360.

indie85

Banned
Considering Houser has said himself that PS3 is looking to get DLC of its own, I dont think Sony has to do shit.
This thread is a waste of mental energy.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
indie85 said:
Considering Houser has said himself that PS3 is looking to get DLC of its own, I dont think Sony has to do shit.

It takes metal energy to post console war crap? I didn't know.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
indie85 said:

But that mental energy was used for trolling and bashing son it wasn't wasted! :D

shpankey

not an idiot
sprocket said:
Ok just to make sure I am caught up.

So far we have....

- DLC that sony is suppose to counter act but no one knows what it is. :/

- RROD old and not a problem anymore.

- References to PS2 DREs as if on the same level of the RRODs

- GT5pro and HSG5 do not count.

- same old 360 fanboys patting each other on the back posts.

Did I miss anything?
you mean other than the fact that you seemingly [on purpose] glazed over the other half of the posts?

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
sprocket said:
Pay no mind to him. There is no such thing as EXCLUSIVE now days. How many "ONLY ON"s have come and gone this gen already.

For all we know MS paid a shit load of money JUST for the game to be released on the 360 at the same time ..in the first place.

Wow, so now your ignoring what R* themselves have said? It is exclusive content to MS. It won't be on the PS3. Other than TTWO reporting as much in their call, I could see how you might feel that way.

If you don't want DLC, that's fine. However, the need for so many people to try the "it doesn't really mean exclusive" diatribe shows you might just care about the extra content. If you don't, then get it on the PS3 and stop with the stupid.

h3ro

rune_74 said:
Well since everything up to now was shown on 360 you would assume so...and ps3 version is behind.

I think half the previews that went up last week were PS3 previews. It was even mentioned on 1UP Yours as being pretty even b/w the two versions with the PS3 build not having some things because they were a week behind in adding it to the PS3 version. So yeah, everything shown up til last week was on 360, but now its being previewed on both consoles.

sprocket

Banned
squatingyeti said:
Wow, so now your ignoring what R* themselves have said? It is exclusive content to MS. It won't be on the PS3. Other than TTWO reporting as much in their call, I could see how you might feel that way.

If you don't want DLC, that's fine. However, the need for so many people to try the "it doesn't really mean exclusive" diatribe shows you might just care about the extra content. If you don't, then get it on the PS3 and stop with the stupid.

That was also talk of exclusive ps3 content from R* as well. does that not count?

GavinGT

Banned
picsou said:
what can ms do to outsell sony in europe and japan ?

More like, "What can Microsoft, a single company, do to reverse the rampant anti-Americanism throughout the world, and thereby sell more of its product?".

sprocket

Banned
GavinGT said:
More like, "What can Microsoft, a single company, do to reverse the rampant anti-Americanism throughout the world, and thereby sell more of its product?".

yes because clearly PCs and windows are struggling in other countries. :/

GavinGT

Banned
sprocket said:
yes because clearly PCs and windows are struggling in other countries. :/

What's their other option? Mac? That's American, too. Besides, not using Windows in this day and age is just silly.

dfyb

Banned
GavinGT said:
:lol

GavinGT said:

Make less American oriented games is the right answer. Gundam won't sell in the US for obvious reasons. We can expect the same with the cream of the crop Xbox games catered to the American audience.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
sprocket said:
That was also talk of exclusive ps3 content from R* as well. does that not count?

Actually, they said they were looking into it. However, that has nothing to do with what 360 is getting. Your statement was exclusive didn't really mean exclusive. Just like so many others before you. Problem is, TTWO (in their call) and MS (in the interview) have both said the content coming to 360 is exclusive to MS and would not be coming to the PS3.

Notice the difference between when a company says something is exclusive and no other announcements have been made or any other PR line. TTWO themselves said this content was exclusive to MS and not coming to the PS3.

If the PS3 gets other content, good, PS3 owners can enjoy it. That doesn't negate the fact you questioned exclusive in your original statement. Now, you're trying to bring up something I wasn't even talking about to make yourself seem not wrong. Good strawman.

Look, lets make it simple for both sides of the camp. Okay.

The only thing that really irritates me from the 360 fans is when they say "brand association is meaningless" when Ms are actually doing the same exact thing they are going against. They are marketing the 360 as being the console for GTA <----- That means 360 = GTA <----- which translates to BRAND ASSOCIATION. That's all Ms is trying to accomplish here. They want that IMAGE. It's important. So why is it when Sony fans say "that the GTA games has always had a Ps brand association with it" and suddenly, it's wrong?

To all the people that say we will find out this brand association thing through DMC4? How though? The 360 version might sell more, but they might sell it to already existing customers and such while Sony's version is selling to new customers. People bought Ps3's to play DMC4 while that didn't happenm with the 360. Get the point I'm trying to get into your heads here?

Anyways, back to the thread.

- Dlc content is not the problem. It is NOTHING honestly. Zero. Zilch in the grand scheme of things. Sony has to do NOTHING about this. I don't understand why people keep bringing dlc into the arguments and conversations. It doesn't really affect the console wars in the big picture.

- Now, what both sides are arguing about which side, whether Sony or Ms will have more new buyers. Which side will have more casuals picking up their console for GTA. Now, dlc will not matter when it comes to buying one console over the other. The only likely reason/cause will be HYPE/MARKETING that will be associated to that console with the GTA brand. Seriously, all you stupid shits made absolute zero sense sometimes.

- Now from what I've heard, it seems Ms wants GTA to be theirs. That's fine. They are going to market it aggressively, I'm cool with that as well. But to simply dismiss that suddenly the Ps3 version is simply going to obscure into the darkness and oblivion is STUPID. People know that the Ps3 version is there as well simultaneously with the 360 version. Sony will also probably have a little marketing to make sure the hype with GTA and Ps3 is there as well. That's all Sony has to do. And to be honest, none of you guys even know how Ms is going to market this game yet.

It's Ms that has to play their cards RIGHT and showing the casuals that GTA does not = Playstation and instead = 360 as well and MORE! It's their job.

And I'm fucking done with this piece of shit thread. omg rite is STILL retarded.

dfyb

Banned
stotch said:
Windows is doing so well that antitrust lawsuits are now hurting MS's reputation.
...maybe if MS was abiding by the laws of such countries, they wouldn't be getting fined

nevermind. it's those fanboys running europe hatin' on xbox!

stotch

Banned
dfyb said:
...maybe if MS was abiding by the laws of such countries, they wouldn't be getting fined

nevermind. it's those fanboys running europe hatin' on xbox!

I'm just saying that Europe buying Windows PC's doesn't mean that Europe loves MS. Edit: And I'm not saying Europe is unfairly xenophobic or anything. Remember those shoe store with one shoe analogies when MS was being sued here in the U.S?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
FortunateSon said:
- Dlc content is not the problem. It is NOTHING honestly. Zero. Zilch in the grand scheme of things. Sony has to do NOTHING about this. I don't understand why people keep bringing dlc into the arguments and conversations. It doesn't really affect the console wars in the big picture.

DLC does not mean zilch. Can you imagine if one version of GH3 or Rock Band had DLC and one didn't? Not a perfect analogy but you get the point.

I'm not saying the 360 GTAIV DLC will matter in the end. We don't even know what it is yet. But to make a blanket statement like "exclusive DLC will NEVER give one SKU a competitive advantage" is unfair and untrue. IMO.

Mesijs

I know the perfect answer!

Show the world God of War III

Probably it's already said in this thread but I don't read 9 pages.

Seriously, if people are making the step to next-gen gaming when IV comes out, show them why they want the PS3: for God of War III.

Sandman7

From what I gather (reading this trainwreck of a thread) is that MS has the exclusive advertising rights or something for GTA. However couldnt Sony just launch a PS3 commercial and have footage from upcoming games (MGS4, GT:p, GTA)? It would let the public know that GTA is on the console. Or are they not allowed to do that?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FordStang said:
i'm guessing 100 hours of gameplay on gta4 (without including the dlc) is probably good enough to the ps3 owners

Considering that most people don't beat GTA games... yeah...

despite the fact that promised exclusive downloadable gta shit is good for microsoft, as a 360 and ps3 owner i'm tempted to get it for ps3. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to the sixaxis, maybe it's because i'm hoping for home integration... or maybe it's just because whenever I use my ps3 it doesn't sound like there's a fucking harley davidson in my bedroom.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Oh god ... it's 4pm Eastern already! GAF, weren't we supposed to have completed this plan, run it through legal (speculawyer), and had it on Kaz's desk an hour ago? Great, now heads will roll, and we'll all have to look for new jobs.

Top Bottom