• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What cancelled/unreleased game intrigues you the most?

CamHostage

Welcome back, thread...

Traxion (PSP, LucasArts/Kuju) was already mentioned, but I love that idea of apps (including games but also other things) to augment your music collection.

hqdefault.jpg

And a weird one is Duke Nukem: Critical Mass (PSP), which ALWAYS would have been garbage, but it has such a strange history (including that ridiculous teaser and that it was supposed to be a Triology even though it was on portables for the first time and the fact that a build exists at the Library of Congress and yet can never be leaked...) I guess the DS game came out somewhere somehow, but that kind of adds to the legacy that I can see that it exists but I still don't believe it...

A51_02--article_image.jpg

Silent Hills and Lily Bergamo and MGSV Chapter 3

Also the C&C FPS game Tiberium that I hope turns into a Battlefield game at PS5 launch

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I don't think there are any screens available online but in one of the very early editions of OPSXM there was mention of an Aeon Flux game based if the cartoon that screened on Liquid Television. I loved that cartoon, still do.

- Scalebound
- Star Wars 1313
- Command & Conquer: Renegade 2 (both of them)
- Prey 2
- Borderlands original concept
- Agent (?!)
- Deep Down (???!!!)

MissChief

page 14 and no mention of Dungeon Keeper 3 ?

1449117-dungeon_keeper_3.jpg

other games that I miss : Silent Hills, City of Metronome, Soul Reaver 3, Primal Rage 2 ..

EYEL1NER

True Fantasy Online and B.C. were big ones I was excited about. Whore of the Orient is one that I still think about from time to time. And then there are two from about the same time frame or era: Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse from 3DO and The Lost. I mentioned The Lost a while back in a similar thread and someone brought to my attention that the game was essentially released in India with some minor changes. All of the news in magazines about the game had my so interested in it too, so that one was a bummer.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm a bit less sad about Prey 2 since we are going to get Cyberpunk 2077 in the future and the new Prey looks damn good. Still, fuck Bethesda, what a seriously dick move.

I had no idea about Valve's space-pirate game, the concept art looks amazing and I would have loved that. I would even take it over an Episode 3. Sad to see what kind of studio they've turned out to be.

Other than that it's the usual suspects for me like Agent and Silent Hills.

Piers

Silent Hills, especially because the playable teaser wasn't supposedly indicative towards the final game's form of gameplay or story.

Kas

I've heard it never actually existed, but the Halo DS game.

Had that taken off, and succeeded, the industry could be a much different place.

-shadow-

The most heartbreaking thing is, it appears whatever licencing deal Yu Suzuki made for Shenmue III would have allowed him access to the Saturn Shenmue code, but nobody knows where it actually is.
Late response. But another Sega master source that's disappeared? These guys really so a piss poor job at archiving their stuff.

qtamir1

Neo Member
Star Wars 1313
Agent
Rainbow Six Patriots
Silent Hills
Eight Days

Those games would have been amazing on my opinion...

Coreda

Stars of Blood, the open-world (well, "open-galaxy", I suppose) space pirate game Valve was once working on.

fIpmu.jpg
Of2FF.jpg
7xGfd.jpg

The mind salivates when imagining the above being backed by Valve's bottomless pit of money.

I wonder if we'll see another original Valve title any time soon. Seems like a distant aspect of the company.

Link1110

Day one purchases for me would've been
Ff3 wonder swan
Maverick Hunter X 2 on
Mega man mania
Final fantasy 4 on nes before it got canned and replaced with the then ff5
The third Zelda Oracle game
Crystalis 2

Hesh

This Is Vegas

Yeah, in the pre-oversaturated GTA clone landscape this game sounded pretty cool. These days, though, I'm not really sure if I'd care about it. I remember 17 year-old Me being pretty stoked for this game when I first heard about it, though.

lumzi23

First page has pretty much everything:

Project Offset
True Fantasy Live Online
BC

Add Prey 2 and Star Wars 1313.

I was interested in Cry On as well.

I think I remember Sadness too.

Thought this was a new thread and I was gonna say Agartha again, good thing I peeped the first page! :p

I guess another one is Blue Stinger 2 that was directly teased at the end of the credits in the first game. I was totally down for another goofy sci-fi/horror anime game.

Tagavaka

Neo Member
The cancelled expansion for Dragon Age 2.

It was going to be an Exalted Marches expansion and address the tensions rising in the world between the Chantry, the Qunari, the Mages and the Templars.

"The idea, however, was that [EM] followed the red lyrium chicanery of DA2 with the Chantry becoming VERY UPSET, while various aspects of the qunari started to make moves on the turbulent Free Marches [of which the game's Kirkwall is a city state].

"And thus it fell to Hawke [you] to stop things from going to hell (again) while working with Starkhaven and the pirates of the Armada."

The story would start at the Hanged Man tavern in Lowtown, take place on the nearby island of Estwatch, and had, in Laidlaw's opinion, "some really interesting stories to tell". You'd find out more about follower Sebastian's family, apparently.

"But as it stood, I think shutting it down was the right call."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-years-later-bioware-reveals-why-dragon-age-2-expansion-exalted-march-was-canned

I would have liked to see it because it would have dealt with the fallout from everything that happened at the end of Dragon Age 2 and instead I found that narratively Dragon Age: Inquisition addressed this very poorly.

They addressed the outbreak of fighting between the Mages and Templar's in a very lackluster manner with the random npc skirmashes in the Hinterlands.

I just wish we could have seen the expansion.

Mark Darrah says it was not cancelled because of the reception to Dragon Age 2 but because of the transition to the Frostbite engine and the team not having enough resources and people to handle both the transition and expansion.

The Qunari and their conflict with everything that occured at the end of Dragon Age 2 are not handled as they should be
until you play Trespasser which was amazing and might have been better to include in the base game because Bioware makes up for my initial complaint big time

Plus we missed out on more pirates and that just makes me sad all around

Top Bottom