• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What cancelled/unreleased game intrigues you the most?

Tiberium

tiberium1.jpg

Yeah it wasn't looking incredibly hot in what was shown but the idea of a Republic Commando style game set in the C&C universe is hard to let go of.

It is still Resident Evil 3.5 (castle/fog version) for me. Coming off of REmake, this seemed to mark the series at its darkest/scariest and it was probably the most excited I've ever been for a game. So I was really bummed out that things ended up going in the complete opposite direction, even if the final version of RE4 is an amazing game in its own right.

I would have loved to have seen how that game would have turned out.

resi3.5_2-e1385044663238.jpg

Just remembered probably the biggest one for me: Rayman 4.

latest

The fact we'll never get another 3D Rayman platformer, especially another one with a similar style and cool to Hoodlum Havoc will never stop stinging.

Prey 2: The Thread

Open world Bladerunner bounty hunting game. Much like how people cursed Fox for dropping Firefly people will curse Bethesda for doing shady shit no matter how much they deny it and blame the "quality" of the tittle as justification.

This game would have been undoubtedly a masterpiece with amazing visuals for its time, great art design and gameplay...and it's something that everyone knew...including Bethesda.

I would love for Unseen64 to do a detailed piece on this but I doubt Bethesda will ever cough up anything about this fuck up.

3tskGS8h.jpg

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention Prey 2. The direction they are going in now is very disappointing. That demo from a few years back got me so hyped.

Bethesda, how dare you??

ZdkDzk

Suda 51's Kurayami, a kafka inspired horror game. It seemed like it was going to have been more thematically/tonally inline with his games before No More Heroes.

https://www.unseen64.net/2015/10/27/kurayami-suda51-cancelled-ps3/

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will always be this game for me.

Especially as the latest leak that gave us plot details on it sounded incredible (rumoured leak but whatever...it's probably true)

This also. I had no interest in this game until a couple months ago, but the more we learn, the more I wish we got it.

I swear we have this thread at least two or three times every year ha ha but it's not a problem, it's an interesting topic. Anyway:

b142eaa86fdc491bb737cf82ffe9a1b2.png

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, it was basically Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in the universe created by Disney, with some things inspired by Fable if I remember correctly. What a damn shame...

The aliens rpg obsidian was making looked cool, it seemed to have neat ideas even if the final game may not have been great

LordofPwn

Overstrike
Insomniac later released a completely separate game called fuse that happened to borrow some character names.

I swear we have this thread at least two or three times every year ha ha but it's not a problem, it's an interesting topic. Anyway:

b142eaa86fdc491bb737cf82ffe9a1b2.png

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, it was basically Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in the universe created by Disney, with some things inspired by Fable if I remember correctly. What a damn shame...

Oh god I completely forgot about that. I was soooo hyped for that.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Prey 2: The Thread

Open world Bladerunner bounty hunting game. Much like how people cursed Fox for dropping Firefly people will curse Bethesda for doing shady shit no matter how much they deny it and blame the "quality" of the tittle as justification.

This game would have been undoubtedly a masterpiece with amazing visuals for its time, great art design and gameplay...and it's something that everyone knew...including Bethesda.

I would love for Unseen64 to do a detailed piece on this but I doubt Bethesda will ever cough up anything about this fuck up.

3tskGS8h.jpg

So much this. It looked incredible.

I'd also add the original concept for Splinter Cell: Conviction where they went a bit Bourne and a bit Hitman. It sounded awesome.

Borman

As always, developers, Im here to talk or cover your games. Without some theft from the workplace, there is a chance that nothing will ever be seen of your games, which is sad.

Frame City Killer looked right up my alley as a lover of weird Japanese games.

The fact that a poster of the game found itself in the later released Fragile Dreams (perhaps my favorite game) adds to the desire to play it.

NoKisum

Traxion

I like the idea of using your own music in fun and creative ways on the go. Unfortunately, developers don't.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Prey 2
Silent Hills
STALKER 2
The original non-cartoony Diablo 3

Kazooie

Banned
Free Radical's Battlefront 3 looked amazing from all the leaked footage.

I'm content with EA's vision but Free Radical's game really captured the spirit of the originals.

Silent Hills may be the one that tops StarCraft Ghost for me.

Silent Hills sounded like a perfect concoction and P.T. remains a really good demo.

Was also interested in Project HAMMER and that WarCraft point and click dark humor game, but that pretty much came out in its entirety

Top Bottom