• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What cancelled/unreleased game intrigues you the most?

DylanEno

I was so excited to play the VirtualBoy game "Dragon Hopper". It and the "totally not F-Zero" game looked pretty good.

dh_10.png
Is it weird that I'm really digging this color scheme? Like, in a complete unironic way? This looks dope.

Metroid Dread. All we basically have is a name, but at some point Nintendo was going to release a 2D Metroid for the DS that followed up Fusion. Instead, they made Other M.

mjc

I gotta go with Prey 2. Such a cool concept thrown in the trash.

Also, what happened between Project Offset and Intel?

Borman

that based off the film from a few years back ?

10 bullets or somthing bullets iv seen relaseses from aklaim in the wild quite some time ago pity i probbly should of grabbed it

that escape fron NY game looks like it could have been fun

Completely unrelated to the crappy film. And yeah, a few builds of 100 bullets have changed hands over the years, I have three I think?

Fear Effect 3 - Loved this series, Eidos suck.

Resident Evil 5 original vision - While RE5 my all time fav co-op game, what they had planned when SP was great.

Resident Evil PSP - Sod knows what it was, but cancelled RE is worse than any RE.

DylanEno

Can't imagine it was gonna be any different from the game on Unreal. Besides maybe taking even longer on luminous to get made
*Besides looking way better (if that was actually an accurate example of how the game would look, anyway). To be frank, the particle effects and lighting and stuff looks fantastic on unreal. It's just the characters that look like ass.

We've waited so absurdly long for kh3, I'd be fine waiting however much longer if it mean getting to the game running that engine. But I get I'm probably the minority there.

Really wanted to see SSM's cancelled open world game. I think it was called Darkside. I wanted to see the studio make a game that wasn't God of War.

Timeaisis

Super Mario 128...who knows how many ideas they grabbed out of that thing and grafted into other projects. I wonder what it actually was, or if they never had big plans for it and it was just one giant experimentation chamber for prototyping. Still, very, very interesting.

Prey 2: The Thread

Open world Bladerunner bounty hunting game. Much like how people cursed Fox for dropping Firefly people will curse Bethesda for doing shady shit no matter how much they deny it and blame the "quality" of the tittle as justification.

This game would have been undoubtedly a masterpiece with amazing visuals for its time, great art design and gameplay...and it's something that everyone knew...including Bethesda.

I would love for Unseen64 to do a detailed piece on this but I doubt Bethesda will ever cough up anything about this fuck up.

3tskGS8h.jpg

This. The game oozed potential from every goddamn pore. The fact that it got cancelled, remains tragic.

jelly

A few but can't remember the names. I'll keep looking.

Original Xbox sort of era, futuristic, player opening a hatch near a bridge. It looked cool.

A goth girl dancing in a club, has some cool powers.

Black Tusk game or tech demo. Splinter Cell/Perfect Dark. I can dream.

VDenter

Banned
Silent Hills

Eternal Darkness N64 and Eternal Darkness 2

Resident Evil 3.5

Super Mario 64 2 and Super Mario 128

Ura Zelda

Conkers Other Bad Day

Metroid Dread

Donkey Kong Racing

Jamesac68

Banned
B.C. is a good call. I always thought that game looked like on of the best things Lionhead was ever involved with.

I'm also going to add Llamasoft's Unity, also being published by Lionhead. I've been a Llamasoft fan for a long time and having a full console on-disc game from Jeff Minter would have been awesome.

ksdixon

two games I can never remember the names of.

1. you are sat in a cafe across the table from a girl(?) all of a sudden everything goes crazy as the cafe is swarmed with governemnt agents(?). looking back across the table we see the girl leap to the roof as chaos reigns all around, implying she's an alien or something?

2. think this was by ubisoft, all i remember is sliding underneath a giant robot gorilla's legs whilst firing up at it's crotch, and possibly jumping on it's back to access a control panel/opening hatch? looked like some messed-up love-child of binary domain and titanfall.

MAtgS

I would love to see Super Mario 64 2 in action. Chances are every halfway decent idea that game had was probably recycled in later games but I'm still interested in how it was gonna look.

RK128

Prey 2: The Thread

Open world Bladerunner bounty hunting game. Much like how people cursed Fox for dropping Firefly people will curse Bethesda for doing shady shit no matter how much they deny it and blame the "quality" of the tittle as justification.

This game would have been undoubtedly a masterpiece with amazing visuals for its time, great art design and gameplay...and it's something that everyone knew...including Bethesda.

I would love for Unseen64 to do a detailed piece on this but I doubt Bethesda will ever cough up anything about this fuck up.

3tskGS8h.jpg

Man, I was honestly pissed off writing this piece on 3WIREL about Prey 2. Looking into what Bethesda pulled was......UGH X(.

http://3wirel.com/2016/08/06/the-long-story-of-prey-2s-development-the-darkside-of-bethesda/

This single-handedly made me not trust a damn thing Bethesda says. Would love to play Prey 2 at some point :(. The worst part is that Arkane's take on Prey looks solid but will now have to live up to what Human Head released of Prey 2 to the public......feel bad for them.

Top Bottom