• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect to see from MS's first party lineup?

So Phil Spencer and Don Mattrick have said they have 15 exclusives coming in the first year, from Microsoft Studios. What do you honestly expect them to be? I think they're including "second-party" games like Quantum Break from Remedy and Ryse from Crytek since those are published by Microsoft. It does not include possible rumored third-party exclusives like Respawn's Titan, and Dead Rising 3 from Capcom.

First of all, here are their current internal studios we know of.

343 Industries
Turn 10
Black Tusk
Rare
Lionhead
Soho Productions
Lift London
Big Park
Twisted Pixel
Press Play
Good Science
Microsoft Studios Victoria
Microsoft Studios Redmond
Microsoft Studios Osaka

They have other teams and stuff but we don't know anything about what they could be working on, so I'm going to leave them off.

Then we have the third-party devs who have worked with MS before and currently like Remedy, Ruffian, Epic, Crytek, and Certain Affinity.

So realistically, I think their lineup from those studios looks something like this.

Halo 2 HD - 343i/Certain Affinity
Forza Motorsport 5 -Turn 10
Ryse - Crytek
Quantum Break - Remedy
Killer Instinct 3 or Perfect Dark 2 - Rare
New IP - Rare
Crackdown 3 - Ruffian? Not really sure who could be making this but the orb in the conference was a obvious hint
Fable IV - Lionhead
Lift London - F2P game
Soho Productions - New Kinect IP
Press Play - XBLA game
Twisted Pixel - XBLA game
Big Park - New IP with enhanced Kinect controls
Black Tusk - new sci-fi FPS IP

I'm not sure about the others at this point.

Also, no "LOL 15 KINECT GAMES" posts. Those do not contribute in any way to the purpose of the thread.

Courage

The Verge's report also listed an open world zombie game. Might fit into one of the TBA titles of their internal studios.

So Phil Spencer and Don Mattrick have said they have 15 exclusives coming in the first year, from Microsoft Studios. What do you honestly expect them to be? I think they're including "second-party" games like Quantum Break from Remedy and Ryse from Crytek since those are published by Microsoft. It does not include possible rumored third-party exclusives like Respawn's Titan, and Dead Rising 3 from Capcom.

Really?

liquidtmd

Banned
Paid exclusive new Legacy of Kain title War of Nosgoth from Square-Enix revealed at E3

EDIT: Oops I boobed too. First party?

Err. 'Halo Kinect: Reach (for the stars) - Dance'? *I got nothing*

Even if it were shown, I doubt it would be exclusive. The first one was exclusive because the 360 was all there was at the time. Dead Rising 2 was promptly multiplatform.

You three didn't bother to read the OP huh?

I read it, but I'm setting myself up for disappointment from MS. So other than outdated franchises I have no interest in, I'm expecting them to highlight the fuck out of Forza. Especially since GT6 is a PS3 game, it'd be stupid of them not to show the fuck out of their next-gen racer.

Toki767

Forza 5
Halo 5
Kinect Sports 2
Kinect Adventures 2
Kinectimals 2
Dance Central 4
Crackdown 3

Probably some others I'm forgetting.

Killer Instinct 3 will not be there...just saying. It will be some other Rare title we down't give a shit about.

Crackdown 3 or some name other than 3
Probably tease a new Halo
We will see gameplay of COD
I am assuming we will see more Forza
Shadow Complex 2

So realistically, I think their lineup from those studios looks something like this.

Halo 2 HD - 343i/Certain Affinity
Forza Motorsport 5 -Turn 10
Ryse - Crytek
Quantum Break - Remedy
Killer Instinct 3 or Perfect Dark 2 - Rare
New IP - Rare
Crackdown 3 - Ruffian? Not really sure who could be making this but the orb in the conference was a obvious hint
Fable IV - Lionhead
Lift London - F2P game
Soho Productions - New Kinect IP
Press Play - XBLA game
Twisted Pixel - XBLA game

Big Park - New IP with enhanced Kinect controls
Black Tusk - new sci-fi FPS IP

But XBLA won't exist on the One, right?

The Verge's report also listed an open world zombie game. Might fit into one of the TBA titles of their internal studios.

I think that's Dead Rising 3.

First party -

Bloodwake
Jet Force Gemini
Crackdown
Lost Odyssey 2
Phantom Dust 2
Shadow Complex 2
Forza 5
Halo Anniversary 2 or ODST 2.

Either it is the upcoming State of Decay (fucking day 1 for me), or maybe a retail next gen State of Decay?
I want State of Decay btw.

State of Decay.

8bits

Banned
Barely anyone ever does anymore it seems.

I was actually more or less serious. I wouldn't be surprised if there will a couple of Halo games/spin offs, it's obvious there will be multiple kinect games, I could see at least one sports related exclusive and well the call of doggy was just for fun.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The same as Sony's and Nintendo's.

Alot of mediocre to decent stuff that is both overhyped and overly hated due to it being first party.

trmas

Banned
MS will have one of everything.. but the focus will be on FPS and Kinect. There are at LEAST 3-4 FPS games coming out of MS themselves depending on what Rare does, and you will definitely see Kinect Sports, Kinect Fitness, and some sort of Kinectanimals

Add Forza, and a few third party shooters such as Crackdown and Quantum Break. The American crowd will eat it up

Amir0x

Banned
Even if it were shown, I doubt it would be exclusive. The first one was exclusive because the 360 was all there was at the time. Dead Rising 2 was promptly multiplatform.

never doubt crazy buttocks. If he said Microsoft snatched up exclusivity for Dead Rising 3, Microsoft snatched up exclusivity

never doubt crazy buttocks. If he said Microsoft snatched up exclusivity for Dead Rising 3, Microsoft snatched up exclusivity

Famousmortimer also said the same thing.

He also mentioned Hawken, League of Legends, and a new Insomniac game coming to the X1 as exclusives.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking:

Launch

Bloodwake/KillerInstinct from Rare
New Kinect IP from Rare
Forza Motorsport 5 from Turn 10

March 2014

Crackdown 3
Kinect Sports 3

Oct 2014

Fable 4 from Lionhead

November 2014

Black Tusks IP.

There will be more but I've no idea what.

R3TRODYCE

Lionhead- Fable IV online/MMORPG type of game
343-Halo 2 HD with Certain Affinity and Halo 5
Rare-KS2 and Banjo Kazooie
Turn 10-Forza 5 obviously
Twisted Pixel-Some quirky arcade game, wouldn't mind Gunstringer 2
Big Park-Some arcade racing game wouldn't surprise me
Crytek-Ryse obviously
MGS Osaka-JRPG
Press Play-Colorful Arcade game
Soho-Some TV based game
Black Tusk-AAA Action adventure game..I hope.

Ryse
Quantum Break
Killer Instinct 2
Forza 5
Halo Wars 2
Lost Odyssey 2
Fable MMO
Crackdown 3
Black Tusk's new IP
New IP from Rare
PGR5
2 more new IPs and 2 Kinect games

Not sure if the Insomniac exclusive will be first party published so I've left that out.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm sure Geometry Wars is one of those 15 titles.

That would be amazing. That said, I'm not going into the event with any preconceived notions. I will say that to the world and especially to me, they are on the clock when it comes to games but I think they are going to surprise. I hope and feel that they will make more of an investment for software for the XB1 than they did for the 360.

El_Chino

I'm thinking:

Launch

New Kinect IP from Rare

March 2014

Crackdown 3
Kinect Sports 3

Oct 2014

Fable 4 from Lionhead

November 2014

Black Tusks IP.

You forgot Halo 2 Anniversary for November '14 man!

I'm thinking:

Launch

New Kinect IP from Rare

March 2014

Crackdown 3
Kinect Sports 3

Oct 2014

Fable 4 from Lionhead

November 2014

Black Tusks IP.

I think Bloodwake would be at the bottom of the list of MS IP's we could see revived.

I expect some good things from them. Obviously some kinect crap as well but they has plenty of new teams making new IP and big existing teams doing sequels to stuff. They will have a good show.

MarkusRJR

Halo, Gears of War, Kinect Sports Season 3, maybe one Rare IP revived (probably releases to poor reviews), Forza, Fable 4, Ryse (not really a "first party" game though, since MS doesn't own the studio), some more Kinect titles, some XBLA games (Splosion Man 2, Geometry Wars 3, etc), and hopefully Crackdown 3.

I'd also mention Quantom Break but that's obvious since it's already announced.

legacyzero

Banned
Make Rare relevant again, and THEN, MAYBE THEN, I might consider a purchase.

EDIT: Who the fuck am I kidding. I still don't think I'll buy this console after this weeks events.

rouken

I'm really hoping for Conker from Rare. Also curious about Black Tusk's game, what genre are they rumored to be making?

I'm really hoping for Conker from Rare. Also curious about Black Tusk's game, what genre are they rumored to be making?

Sci-fi horror FPS.

Also, here is the map showing all of MS's studios in America.

o7if7rg_zps21333dd2.png

Each dot is apparently a studio of theirs. I'm assuming this includes teams that make apps and tech teams since that would be a ton of game studios.

Sojgat

Sequels to franchises they've already run into the ground.
A bunch of Kinect crap.
Maybe the Black Tusk game.

Man

I expect the same as X06 in that they announce everything they have in development for the next three years.

Top Bottom