• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect to see from MS's first party lineup?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They could probably make a decent Banjo or Conker game.

after shovelware quality crap like Ratchet Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One I highly doubt it, thier output went to hell for years now.

if Rare can't do it for some reasons the Microsoft need to hire a high quality studio for these IP and not this Insomniac in it's really bad current condition, Microsoft just need to be really careful on where they put their money.

Sci-fi horror FPS.

Also, here is the map showing all of MS's studios in America.

o7if7rg_zps21333dd2.png

Each dot is apparently a studio of theirs. I'm assuming this includes teams that make apps and tech teams since that would be a ton of game studios.
According to the map my Island and the studio they have here does not exist :(

As long as Insomniac is not making a FPS all is fine. Even though I personally don't care for their games. They would have to impress me. I am passing on anything they make.

Leflus

after shovelware quality crap like Ratchet Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One I highly doubt it, thier output went to hell for years now.

if Rare can't do it for some reasons the Microsoft need to hire a high quality studio for these IP and not this Insomniac in it's really bad current condition, Microsoft just need to be really careful on where they put their money.
Didn't Insomniac's "B-team" make those, though?

Hindle

Banned
I think Insominac could knock it out of the park if they were given a great budget and support.

Edit. That team in Madrid is interesting. Deadlight was a horror game, could they be making MS a survival horror IP?

I really don't know what internally they have that I care about outside of Halo and Forza. Make me care about new IP is all I ask.

Their stable of IPs is stale and uninteresting right now.

I really don't know what internally they have that I care about outside of Halo and Forza. Make me care about new IP is all I ask.

Their stable of IPs is stale and uninteresting right now.

Well they have 8 new IPs coming in the first year of the X1. We don't know anything about them yet though.

Well they have 8 new IPs coming in the first year of the X1. We don't know anything about them yet though.
Yeah that's what I care about.

Let's see what the mix of those new IPs I will care about though.

I'm assuming 50% will be ones that GAF doesn't care about. Pessimistic, maybe.

Wait what? Source?

Well Lionhead is obviously working on Fable, I don't think anyone expects anything different there.

Osaka is working on possibly two projects at present for the Japanese market. While it's only a rumor that one is an RPG, they were hiring for various roles (such as a story designer) with experience in the RPG genre a number of months ago. This was discussed in this thread.

I also have good reason to believe Lost Odyssey 2 will be coming on Xbox One, though I'm not convinced Osaka will be behind it.

I'm pretty sure he's making an assumption on this. Just because they're a Japanese studio doesn't mean they're making a JRPG.

It's not entirely assumption, as stated, there is evidence they were hiring for such a project and I've personally heard rumors (dubious or otherwise) from friends in the industry that there will be a sequel to LO.

I expect 3 things .........

1) A bunch of 1st party crap consisting of more sequels to tired franchises: Forza, Halo, etc.

2) A ton of Kinect garbage that will be an insult to gaming.

3) A few titles published under the M$ banner, but are NOT actually made by M$ that are really make up nearly all the titles worthy of getting excited about.

I expect to see some amazing games. Honest.

Black Tusk studios game will be amazing.
Rare will at least bring one hardcore game that will blow me away.
Remedy game.
An exclusive game from Japan.
PGR5
Lionhead game
Dance Central 4
Kinect sports 3

The rest, 3rd party moneyhats.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I will say something about the Sony/MS conference though: If a game is announced for launch, and all we see is a CGI trailer, then I wouldn't hope for much from said game.

I expect 3 things .........

1) A bunch of 1st party crap consisting of more sequels to tired franchises: Forza, Halo, etc.

2) A ton of Kinect garbage that will be an insult to gaming.

3) A few titles published under the M$ banner, but are NOT actually made by M$ that are really make up nearly all the titles worthy of getting excited about.

Oh look, someone else who didn't read the OP.

And "M$" too, lovely.

I expect to see some amazing games. Honest.

Black Tusk studios game will be amazing.
Rare will at least bring one hardcore game that will blow me away.
Remedy game.
An exclusive game from Japan.
PGR5
Lionhead game
Dance Central 4
Kinect sports 3

The rest, 3rd party moneyhats.

I'd be surprised if EA/Remedy let Microsoft publish Titan. I'd think they'd want to hold onto that one in case they decide to let it go multiplatform years down the line.

VeeP

First Party Sequels:
*Halo 5 or Halo 2 HD
*Fable MMO/RPG
*Forza 5
*Classic Rare Game
*Kinect Sports 3
*Kinect Fitness
*Crackdown 3
*Kinect Adventures 2

First Party New IPs:
*Black Tusk Shooter
*Various games from Twisted Pixel/MSOsaka/etc.

Third Party Exclusives/or Published Games
*RYSE
*Quantum Break
*And hopefully a few more exclusives from EPIC, Obsidian, etc.

Linkified

I will say something about the Sony/MS conference though: If a game is announced for launch, and all we see is a CGI trailer, then I wouldn't hope for much from said game.

Depends if they mean "Launch Day" or "Launch Window", but yeah common sense is very much needed for console launches of all shapes and sizes...

Raven77

Conker & Banjo: Underworld Adventures

Halo Wars 2: Ring Wars (Kinect)

Black & White: Ascension (Kinect)

Infinity Raiders (Black Tusk)

Crackdown Armageddon (256 players)

I hope Rare and Remedy will deliver and still very,very excited for HALO 5,but when I compare this list of first party devs, to the first party Sony devs, Sony seems to have a lot more firstparty devs working on projects than MS does.

If Sony may be able to launch with Drive Club, Killzone 6, Knack and Second Son, MS better come up with some great titles at launch.

Raven77

I hope that my reply wasn't considered "trolling". Sure its a bit of a "wish list" of sorts.

I genuinely expect MS to roll out a new Banjo and a revival, a Lionhead game that is NOT Fable, a Halo game that is NOT an FPS (and lets face it, Halo Wars with Kinect makes sense). Also, Crackdown is basically confirmed, if MS really can pull off a big player count increase, thats the game I expect to see.

Quantum Break
New Rare IP
Another game from the Halo franchise (Wars, Reach, H5, etc...)
Something something Fable
Black Tusk's new IP
At least 2 or 3 Kinect-specific titles for children/family gaming (e.g. next-gen Kinectimals, Twister Mania, etc..)

So you're saying they have another studio besides Black Tusk and MS Victoria in Canada?

huh? No? How did I say that?
I first joking posted my Island (and their studio) didn't exist since it wasn't on the map of the world shown. I then posted I thought black Tusk was based out of Vancouver and didn't know the name of the studio located in Victoria on Vancouver Island.

• Kameo Elements of Power 2
  • Killer Instinct 3
  • Halo (of course)
  • Forza (of course)
  • Not Alan Wake 2 (Quantum whatever)
  • New IP First Person Shooter
  • Dance Central like game for Kinect 2
  • Casual Shit (Retail Title)
  • Casual Shit (Retail Title)
  • Casual Shit (Downloadable Title)
  • Casual Shit (Downloadable Title)
  • New IP Zombie game
  • New IP Free-2-Play game
  • Barbie tie-in game (srs, they are shooting to target everyone, need some "girl" games in there too)

First Party Sequels:
*Halo 5 or Halo 2 HD
*Fable MMO/RPG
*Forza 5
*Classic Rare Game
*Kinect Sports 3
*Kinect Fitness
*Crackdown 3
*Kinect Adventures 2

First Party New IPs:
*Black Tusk Shooter
*Various games from Twisted Pixel/MSOsaka/etc.

Third Party Exclusives/or Published Games
*RYSE
*Quantum Break
*And hopefully a few more exclusives from EPIC, Obsidian, etc.
Only 7 old ip,plus i don't think they will still make Kinect Adventures,Kinect Sports should be the one bundle in the box

Raad

Banned
Lionhead- Fable IV online/MMORPG type of game
343-Halo 2 HD with Certain Affinity and Halo 5
Rare-KS2 and Banjo Kazooie
Turn 10-Forza 5 obviously
Twisted Pixel-Some quirky arcade game, wouldn't mind Gunstringer 2
Big Park-Some arcade racing game wouldn't surprise me
Crytek-Ryse obviously
MGS Osaka-JRPG
Press Play-Colorful Arcade game
Soho-Some TV based game
Black Tusk-AAA Action adventure game..I hope.

This is it right here.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Fyi, given that the 'kinect only' stuff hasn't really been known to sell, it's doubtful ms is going to push it as heavily without some sort of core focus.

And according to VGLeaks, Kinect is not a gaming focus on the Xbone...

Top Bottom