• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect to see from MS's first party lineup?

I was actually more or less serious. I wouldn't be surprised if there will a couple of Halo games/spin offs, it's obvious there will be multiple kinect games, I could see at least one sports related exclusive and well the call of doggy was just for fun.

No you werent - the first few posts were standard quick fire anti MS troll posts which has been the case in every thread mentioning MS since the reveal. You have to trawl through 3 or 4 BS troll posts for every one meaningful post since the presser - its so fucking stupid.

---

Im really keen to see the 15 exclusives and the new IPs - really interested to see if RARE can bring back the glory days on a new system.

Satchel

Banned
Given how much they've improved Kinect I actually want Dance Central 4 and Kinect Sports 3 to be shown.

Dance Central was already fantastic with the laggy Kinect, I can only imagine how amazing it will be with a good one. Kinect Sports had potential but you could see the original Kinect wasn't up for the task.

Kinect Sports 3 should be great.

Crackdown 3 is enough for me for launch though. Rare's new game looks interesting. That tile looked like a knight, but apparently it's been confirmed it's not a knight, but given the island setting, you wouldn't think it's Perfect Dark.

So what the fuck.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking we will get a new SCI FI horror FPS that's different enough from Halo. Maybe along the lines of a System Shock. MS did hire key staff from Irrational after all.

I'm expecting at least one and more likely two big old IP's from the original xbox to make a return. I'm guessing Mech Assault or Crimson Skies will see a return. I'm secretly hoping for Phantom Dust 2 to be announced as well.

edit: kind of tired of people spewing all the kinect kinect kinect halo halo halo cod cod nonsense. Why aren't people banned for posting stuff like that when it's in contradiction to the OP. they just read a title of a thread and come spew their hate

trmas

Banned
Everything we've seen is Kinect enhanced - whatever that means. Rye information being the latest. If anything I may be getting out of gaming soon, before my fond memories have been buried in CoD rip offs

I would be extremely pleased to see a new Viva Pinata, but the dream is Killer instinct or Banjo Kazooie.

I expect shoot all the things though over any of the three.

Fabrik

Banned
All I know is that from those 15 exclusive games, all the ones I'm interested in will be delayed. I guarantee it.

I thought they were working on an MMO of some sort.

As it says in that article, it's a game in which (at least) one of the modes has MMO elements. I expect cloud functionality of some sort, but I don't think it's going to be a traditional MMORPG. It also seems to be a new IP, not Fable.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
OP says he doesn't want 'duh Kinect duh' but I think there will definitely be a lot of kinect stuff to show off:

4 (6?) Player dance central
Fitness App with heart rate tracking
Something else to show off the greater degree of accuracy, Kinect Sports probably, maybe Ryse

But mostly I'm excited to see what Lionhead has been doing, I hope they weren't all working on the Journey.

Denzar

So far we know for sure:

- Ryse (Crytek)
- Quantum Break (Remedy)
- Forza 5 (Turn 10)

Very likely:
- A Halo game of some sorts, because... Halo. (343)
- A quirky Twisted Pixel game, most likely Kinect focussed.
- A new Crackdown. The agility orb logo was shown. (Ruffian?)
- A new IP from Rare.
- An renewed IP from Rare.
- A game from Lionhead. Might be Fable, but my gut tells me it's a new IP.

My guesses:
- A MP focussed military shooter (Black Tusk)
- One or more casual, family friendly games. (Big Park and Press Play perhaps?)
- I can see somebody like Double Fine doing something Kinect focussed for MS again.
- Gears of war? They own the IP and Epic has moved on. This might also be the Black Tusk game.
- One left field megaton third party exclusive. Which will actually be a timed exclusive, even though MS will say otherwise.
- Exclusive DLC for big third party games up the wazoo.

Microsoft will make their dollars fly. I am 100% sure of that.

Top Bottom