What do you think of GameFaqs?

LQX

Dec 18, 2008
Been using it a long time, it was especially a life/money saver in the PS1/2 JRPG heavy days. And these days whenever I Google anything gaming related for some help or insight I always seem to find an answer straight away on GameFaqs.

The site really lives up to its name. I have never joined it to participate in the forums but I would rank right up there with NeoGaf as one my favorite gaming sites.

Mar 27, 2012
The community was never something I cared about but the wealth of information is undoubtedly a great resource. Nowadays some of the info is being moved to game-centric wikias and now steam's guides system but there's still thousands upon thousands of well-written and helpful pieces there.

May 21, 2012
FAQs and walkthroughs for sure.

The boards were fun (pre-NeoGAF/high school/4chan era of my internet life). SSBB boards never had any actual content, it was just ASCII posts and crack jokes about Captain Falcon being the manliest man around.

Hell, that was the primary reason for adopting him as my main over Lucario.

Wiz

Dec 8, 2011
The actual FAQs have helped me a lot many times. Best part of the site.

Game specific boards are great for finding specific info on a game.

The message board community as a whole is pretty bad though if you're looking for mature discussion.

Ignore the boards read the FAQs. Actually do they still do that character battle thing?
They're getting ready to have one soon. Nominations just started.

Apr 29, 2012
The moderation (Or lack of) on boards is ridiculous.

Plus so many Alternate accounts and little kids jumping on and ruining threads.

Sep 29, 2007
I only go to boards for niche/import games where there's barely any active posters and behavior is pretty mature, so I don't really have any problems with the site.

I use the guides sometimes.

Sep 27, 2009
Pretty great for FAQs/Walkthroughs and codes/unlocks and achievement lists.
Used to post on the the UK board (313) and NGG a lot before my account was approved here. The UK board was pretty good but NGG was horrible.

Sep 16, 2008
avoid the boards at all times, stay for the faqs and walkthroughs.
The boards are unfortunately a necessary evil when stuck in a game gaf isn't really talking about but is new enough faqs aren't written yet. You're bound to find that game's equivalent to Ulililia to help you out

Mar 30, 2005
Boards for old classics were terrific for a lot of new found stuff. Take ff8, this game is so OLD, that dedicated fans had found RNG tricks to get rare items quicker and effortlessly. I love GameFAQs for this reason. I go there for the dedication.

Dedication for certain games is like no other.