• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of this Hot Toys Wonder Women Golden Armor

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I loved the first movie. The last combat scene was fucking anime. I like this suit design, it reminds me of Saint Seiya.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If anyone wants to know the plot of WW84:

Set in the 80s and Diana is working at the Smithsonian with Barbara Minerva. One day Minerva is working with a strange rock and it turns out it's a wish stone. Diana doesn't believe it but she wishes for Steve to come back to life, and he does but it's like Quantum Leap. He inhabits the body of another guy, but Diana sees him as Steve Trevor. Maxwell Lord is like an 80s Donald Trump oil baron, but he's secretly broke. He takes the wish stone and wishes to become the stone itself. So he's able to grant wishes by touching someone (of course he becomes rich), but the stone is the Monkey Paw. For each wish it takes something away. So when Diana wished Steve back to life, she lost her powers (thus the golden armor she wears).

So what Max loses is his health, so he needs more people to wish to give him health and keep him alive. So his big plan is to use a satellite system to have people make wishes to him through their TVs from all around the world.

Cheetah? First Barbara wishes to be like Diana "strong and sexy". They have a fight, and then Barbara wishes to be "an apex predator" which is what turns her into Cheetah.

iconmaster

Banned
Did you like the first one? This one is basically a sequel to that while taking one story element from Superman II and not having the big CGI boss fight the original was criticized for.

I thought it was good, excepting the flaws that others have noted. Based on plot leaks I’ve seen (Last Jedi taught me to spoil movies for myself), I see where your comparison is coming from. I’m at least intrigued, since

I love monkey’s paw shenanigans.

Last edited:

-YFC-

I feel sorry for her when she's going to bed. I bet it's tedious to get off all that armor every day.

Found the Wish version:

img_4529.jpg
Come on, at least use the kami cloth

Top Bottom