• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2015 Edition -

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Wicked City - ABC - 10/9c

Reviews:

Tim Goodman said:
The tone-deaf play for major league issues in a drama is recognizable for the disaster it is within mere minutes.... You shouldn’t bother with any of it.

Boston Herald said:
In the absence of a believable or captivating story, Wicked tries to shock, but this is broadcast commercial TV. Ryan Murphy can and does more in two minutes on basic cable than Wicked­ can achieve in an hour.

Entertainment Weekly said:
It's a profoundly unnecessary, formally cloddish collection of grating cop-show cliches, antiseptically scuzzy nihilism, and just stupid, stupid stupidity, wrapped in cheap, loud nostalgia for the L.A. of the hair-metal '80s.

chris121580

I saw that Life in Pieces and The Grinder both got picked up for full seasons...by far my 2 favorite new shows. Just a fantastic cast in both of them

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Saints & Strangers - Nat Geo

Reviews:

Wall Street Journal said:
An often engrossing attempt to explore the way needful alliances between Indians and settlers may have had a transforming, even enlightening, effect on some of the English.

Variety said:
The serious intent of Saints trips it up at times; many characters remain one-dimensional, and some sequences are plodding or repetitive. That said, the mini features nuanced work in a number of the Native Americans portrayals--often the best-developed characters on the screen.

LA Times said:
Though neither ["Saints & Strangers" and "The Pilgrims"] are particularly notable examples of their genre, they are welcome additions, and perhaps antidotes, to a historic holiday increasingly driven by gluttony and football. Used as companion pieces, they should make excellent viewing for families able to persuade their children to watch historic dramas and/or documentaries.

- Deadline: 'The Magicians' First Episode To Air Ahead of January Premiere on Syfy
Syfy confirms we’ll be getting a sneak peek at its anticipated drama series The Magicians. The first episode of the network’s adaptation of Lev Grossman's bestselling fantasy book trilogy will air commercial-free at 10 PM December 16, following the final installment of miniseries Childhood’s End. The series will air regularly on Syfy Mondays at 9 PM beginning January 25.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
(btw if anyone is aware of any cool foreign language series that are coming in the first quarter in January, feel free to shoot me their titles in a pm so I can include them in the spring 2016 thread)

Top Bottom