• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

SOTC remake and Curious Expedition.

tKKjemM.jpg

0LL70Uq.png

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Back on Bioshock 2 (PC).

I loved the first game but this one is just OK for me. I really don't like how slow your character moves. The plot is worse and the bosses aren't as interesting. Its also not as scary.

I'm near the end. I heard the DLC was better so I'm looking forward to that. Its not a bad game just not my favorite.

Nier Automata ending A complete. Well, that didn't really go anywhere. Whether the story is good or bad, I at least hoped that it would be more fleshed out than this.

Gameplay is fine but it seems to be largely based on spamming dodge. There are better games to play if I'm only looking for combat.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Gears 5 via Game Pass on PC.

I only Played couple fo Hours but I think this might end up being my favourite Gears since the first. Thnkas to the Upgrades I finally have some reason to explore the Levels and the shootouts are also more fun with the new mini bosses. Hope the game can Keep this Level.

J-Roderton

Dirt Rally 2.0 - Attempting to get good with it on a controller. Thought always playing Forza Horizon games without any assists meant I’d be just fine. I was terribly wrong. Amazing game though.

Also Warface and Luigis Mansion 3 on Switch.

HEAVENSARMY

Neo Member
Just finished Fable 2004 on the Xbox. Now I'm playing
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on #PSP

I really hope people heard or played this game. It takes place before FF7 and shows so much history with #Sephiroth Zack and the #BusterSword

1801 Consecutive Days Streamed

GamesAreFun

Banned
Breath of the Wild, but not enjoying is as much on my 2nd playthrough. I miss having a story and progressing with new items/characters, BotW feels more of a grind through familiar shrines this time round.

SnapShot

Grand Theft Auto 5

Believe or not I never got around to actually play it properly, it's been sitting on my library for nearly a year and half and only recently got the itch to start playing it, glad I did.

SKM1

Playing a linked game, after beating Ages. Personally, I'm enjoying this one more. Ages broke me.

qT5I3M0.png
Used to play this one a lot as a kid. Me and my brother had both games.

Currently I'm playing the Witcher 3 when I have the time. Was playing Death Stranding before but got stuck and switched to W3.

Last edited:

drganon

Ff7r. Dear god did it take forever to download. Just starting ch3 now, so I'm not that far in. So far, it's pretty good.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HsJdkKO.png

Back in early 90s I've spent probably hundreds of hours playing each of the original SOR games on my Mega Drive alone and with friends in local co-op. Until the very last minute I wasn't sure if SOR4 will be good or not, cuz in the past we had very mediocre revival of Double Dragon and Battletoads for example and so I was very sceptical and at the same time cautiously optimistic towards SOR4. And now after having bought the game day one and playing it for 2+ hours, I can saftly say that SOR4 is simply amazing continuation of the first trilogy and I can't say enough how much I love this game. This is a modern classic right here and clear indication that TMNT, Double Dragon, Battletoads, Final Fight and other similar games can also be revived and be just as good, provided the right and super passioned people will be working on these games.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Just finished Luigi's Mansion 3. Excellent game. Superfun gameplay, engaging and clever level design, very creative puzzles and lots of cool boss encounters.

The animations are flawless, it's some stunning true next gen level shit, and overall the game looks absolutely fantastic. It's like playing a live-action Pixar movie. People who say Nintendo can't do graphics just got some crow served.

Nintendo keeps churning out dynamite exclusives for the Switch. Luigi's Mansion is in my top 3 together with Breath of the Wild and Astral Chain. And I still got loads of exclusives to try out. Yoshi's Crafted World Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2, Fire Emblem. The quality is just straight up fire.

Matsuchezz

I just finished Ffvii remake and i am for the very first time set to play and finish resident evil 7, i was going to buy a game called demothered or something like that, it looked cool But remembered that re7 was waiting for me. I will beat it first and then replay it with vr. The impatient is looking at me too.

Last edited:
🤹‍♀️ between Modern Warfare, Dragon Quest XI (first DQ game for me, love it!), Dirt 2.0, Pacman CE 2 and Rocket League. Recently finished U4 and SotC. PS Plus has been great for me, ty Sony.

StormCell

Just finished Luigi's Mansion 3. Excellent game. Superfun gameplay, engaging and clever level design, very creative puzzles and lots of cool boss encounters.

The animations are flawless, it's some stunning true next gen level shit, and overall the game looks absolutely fantastic. It's like playing a live-action Pixar movie. People who say Nintendo can't do graphics just got some crow served.

Nintendo keeps churning out dynamite exclusives for the Switch. Luigi's Mansion is in my top 3 together with Breath of the Wild and Astral Chain. And I still got loads of exclusives to try out. Yoshi's Crafted World Tropical Freeze, Bayo 2, Fire Emblem. The quality is just straight up fire.

I will have to go back to Luigi's Mansion 3. I got kinda turned off by the ghost battling mechanics (seemed too repetitive and mindless). Does the game get much better after the first few hours?

Currently, playing Animal Crossing.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Currently replaying POP 2008. My god this game still looks gorgeous (except horrible shadows and shadow maps) thanks to amazing art and design especially in 4K with hi-res textures and x8 MSAA:messenger_bicep::messenger_beaming:

Gameplay-wise the game still holds up perfectly and I'm having a really good and fun time relaying this game after almost 12,5 years :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

justAjohn

Dragon´s Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4 - I am now cursed with whereisdragonsdogma2 spell.

FF7 remake - fights are tough but nice, story and forced walking/ button holding are not nice

Dragon´s Crown on PS4 - game is great in short bursts but the screen gets too cluttered for my eyes to stay focused when there are more than two playable characters.

Vagrant Story - timeless classic and with incredible harmony

I´m thinking of replaying Tenchu and Syphon Filter, cuz not on PS4.

Mr Hyde

Does the game get much better after the first few hours?

Definitely. Lots of fun levels to explore. I enjoyed the mechanics and ghost slamming, felt like a homage to Ghostbusters. The ghosts comes in different shapes and forms and requires different techniques to defeat, but the slamming and sucking stays pretty much the same throughout the game. So if you didn't enjoy it then I don't know. Give it a shot, you might learn to like it. I loved everything with this game. It's pure GOTY-material.

nordique

I’ve been more or less gaming exclusively on the switch since 2017, but I have been playing final fantasy 7 remake since launch - just started between chapters 3 and 4 currently

J-Roderton

Jumping back into Forza Horizon 4 to learn how to play with a racing wheel. I’m horrible with it. Guess it just takes a shit ton of practice. Can’t control the cars to save my life.

GymWolf

I don't know.

I tried to play the unchy4 dlc but i'm really done with the formula and riding a jeep searching for manufact in a wide open area to open a fucking door is not exactly what i call tight pacing.

I tried gears tacticts and it's really good but i'm just done with gears aesthetics also not really a fan of strategic games.

I reinstalled ac odissey to try to finish him but (guess what) i'm done with the immense padding this game has.

I'm kinda on a limbo right now...
I'm eagerly waiting for maneater but it launch on may 22.

xrnzaaas

Jumping back into Forza Horizon 4 to learn how to play with a racing wheel. I’m horrible with it. Guess it just takes a shit ton of practice. Can’t control the cars to save my life.
To be fair in most arcade racers you can get better results with a controller.

Mr Hyde

Reached the Hidden City in Shadows of the Tomb Raider. So far so good. The Mayan setting is intriguing and Inca culture is something I'm personally fascinated by, so an adventure in the Peruvian jungles is right up my alley.

Tomb Raider has never looked this good. I'm constantly at awe with the graphics and I keep telling myself "if this is done on a base PS4, then what can CD do on the PS5?" The vistas are stunningly beautiful, the caves are perilous and the character designs detailed to the point of perfection. The game just oozes atmosphere through and through.

Crystal Dynamics seems to have perfected the formula, and even if the gameplay loop is familiar it's still fun as hell to climb around playing Indiana Jones. The exploration and tomb raiding is so far more prevalent than enemy encounters, which is a good sign. In fact, Shadows harkens back to the old original from 1996 on several occasions.

The hokey dialogue and plot aside, Lara is as likeable as ever and Camilla Luddington has done a great job reinventing her. She is the best iteration alongside the original. I'm hoping it ends on a great note because so far it's the best in the trilogy.

HEAVENSARMY

Neo Member
I just finished Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and now I'm planning to do a marathon of the Uncharted Series. I never played them before so it should be good to see a fresh reaction.

Hostile_18

Banned
I just finished Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and now I'm planning to do a marathon of the Uncharted Series. I never played them before so it should be good to see a fresh reaction.

Your in for an absolute treat. Very jealous. I'd advise hard mode, it really brings the combat to life.

Moogle11

Banned
Final Fantasy 7 Remake- On Chapter 17 And have mostly enjoyed it so far other than some big down in chapters with dull side quests (14 being the worst).

Animal Crossing New Horizons-still just chilling and relaxing and not really focusing on anything. Just fishing etc to grind out bells for home expansion loans and filling out the museum and starting to mess with turnips more.

Ringfit Adventure-have added it’s to my at home workout routines while things are shut down (wouldn’t feel safe going back to the gym in the near term anyway as there are still a lot of cases in my county). Game is a lot of fun come yiu get a bit into it and unlock more exercises and mini games and is more of a workout than I expected. Nice to mix in with my other cardio and dumbbell workouts.

Reactions: Cha

Patrick S.

Banned

I loved Uncharted's vibe and its nice production values, but in the end I was bored to tears by it because the gameplay loop is a repetitive horde shooter interrupted by Tomb Raider light sequences.

Cha

Astral Chain by Platinum Games
So, my Switch had been nothin' but a Ring Fit Adventure machine before this. I bought Astral Chain on release, but didn't have the time to get past the first File until now.
Yo! IT's SO GOOD! The music is sick! Combat is AMAZEBALLS!(admittedly sloppy at the start though). The story is anime to the max, but screw it, I'm loving this nonsense! Also, my protag's butt looks beautiful!!:messenger_smiling_hearts:

Top Bottom