• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

I have a hard time getting used to the stealth in TEW 2 after playing so much Sekiro. I keep pressing the wrong buttons and think I'm gonna parry and shit, lol. Getting my ass handed to me here.

My Dual Shock 4 is also on its last legs. The battery life barely lasts 2 hours and the right stick can sometimes drift making the camera go bonkers, resulting in damage taken or death. DS 4 is by far, the cheapest, most worthless controller I've had. I need the DualSense and I need it now.

Last edited:

lakester

Neo Member
If you've played RDR how would you compare it to RDR2 story wise?

Played RDR2 for a few hours then got sidetracked but planning on getting back to it soon. It came off as a lot slower than (story wise)

In my option RDR2 is far better than the the first one. even about the story. It was better told.

When I played the first one, I remember to be annoyed in many part of the game.
In the 2nd it didn't happen, probably because of the graphics :messenger_grinning:

Arthur Morgan was really a beautiful character to play, better than John Marston in RDR1 in my option.

Anyway, the first one had a better ending: the final act was really good and emotional compared to the epilogue of RDR2.

Cyborg

- Nioh 2, just got my platinum but cant stop playing and helping people in co-op. Whats wrong with me.

- And also CoD WW2 but man the game is rough...I think Im just not that into CoD games.

PanzerAzel

The Sands of Time. Just did two play throughs back to back and am quickly reminded why this game remains in my top ten GOAT. *AssbenderPerfectionGif* (aside from its schizo camera).

Galak-Z. Best shmup ever made. Jake Kazdal knows what’s up, real shame this game performed so poorly commercially.

Also Mirror’s Edge (eh), and beginning a new TLoU play through for a refresher before the 19th hits.

In my option RDR2 is far better than the the first one. even about the story. It was better told.

When I played the first one, I remember to be annoyed in many part of the game.
In the 2nd it didn't happen, probably because of the graphics :messenger_grinning:

Arthur Morgan was really a beautiful character to play, better than John Marston in RDR1 in my option.

Anyway, the first one had a better ending: the final act was really good and emotional compared to the epilogue of RDR2.

Thanks! Been a bit weary to dive back in because of all the negative I've heard. I guess I'll need to stick with it a bit longer as RDR1 is one of my favs.

I just finished Yakuza 0! I thought the story was very well done but the game's pacing is a bit of a mess! The final few chapters were awesome though. I'm going to start Yakuza Kiwami today. I might also put a couple of hours to my current Stellaris game.

Foxtrot91

Neo Member
Just finished playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

its a very beautiful game and I’m excited for the 2nd entry.

The robots are such a welcome change to the action adventure genre and damn the game looks pretty.

GametimeUK

Guys I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 and I'm not far into the game at all. You go through what is essentially the tutorial mission and oh my god I have been bombarded with pop ups, notifications, hints, tips, side content etc and story dialogue at such a furious pace my brain is sore. It is crazy how fast everything is happening one after another. Phone call after phone call. Notification after notification. I CAN'T KEEP UP!

Like literally it's tutorial after tutorial message and there's no way it will all stick in my head. The style in which notifications and messages mission related just get vomited all over the place is knocking me sick, but how I can chain together a tutorial message, then a hint, then a sidequest pops up and then a phone call comes through about a main story mission all one after another in the span of 2 minutes just makes it feel like nothing is sticking.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Red Faction is so much fun. It's like Total Recall meets Just Cause. Driving around the vast and dangerous desert landscapes of Mars and wreaking havoc feels really good. The destruction based physics is also very impressive. This is a last gen game and I don't think I've seen anything like this on current gen. Not even Just Cause 4 handles it better, feels almost like a step back.

T-Cake

Dishonored 2 - looks and feels practically the same on PS4 Pro as my PC running it at 4K with everything turned up. Left me wondering why the hell I splashed out 3x the dosh to have almost the same experience. 😂

Dishonored 2 - looks and feels practically the same on PS4 Pro as my PC running it at 4K with everything turned up. Left me wondering why the hell I splashed out 3x the dosh to have almost the same experience. 😂

Maybe because it's not very demanding game?

I'm playing DiRT 2 / 3 and Heroes of Might and Magic III

Anyone else just going through a limbo and not knowing what to play and kind of hopping around into multiple different games?

I picked up Bannerlod a few weeks back and really got into it, but now i'm taking some time off.

Now i'm hopping between backlogs and just not feeling any of them to want to continue playing to completion.

Anyone have any game suggestions for PC?

Mr Hyde

Chapter 6 now in The Evil Within 2. It's so fucking good. I love this franchise. It takes inspiration from horror classics Resident Evil and Silent Hill but manages to be it's very own thing. Even better, I'd say. Its surreal imagery gives it a unique identity, the stealth and combat is ace and the monster design is top notch. If Bethesda kills this property I'm gonna be pissed.

Anyone have any game suggestions for PC?

Depends what genres you're interested in. As of now, i can think of a few recent entries that have been fantastic:

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection and Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition are excellent RTS video games that have ushered a revitalization of the genre. They're popular at the moment and are great. They have meaty single player content and strong online communities for multiplayer. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is a sandbox RPG that's been very well received by the community and the developers are constantly working on it.

Some obvious examples that i'll copy-past from an older post of mine, that you probably have played, but if you haven't get on them ASAP:

A++ First Person Shooters:
  • Prey (2017)
  • Titanfall 2
  • Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
A++ Role Playing Games:
  • The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition
  • Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition
  • Disco Elysium
A++ Strategy Games:
  • Total War: Warhammer II + DLCs (TBS/RTT)
  • Civilization VI + DLCs (4x/TBS) (although IV is the best in the series by a landslide, VI is the perfect beginner's game to experience core Civ. elements and is a great game overall)
  • Endless Legend - Emperor Edition (4x/TBS) + DLCs (this is by far the best 4x/TBS game since Civilization IV. Absolutely worth playing)
A++ Miscellaneous:
  • Subnautica (survival horror adventure)
  • The Talos Principle (first person adventure/puzzle)

Ogbert

Can you not tell the difference between the janky, frame paced 27-30fps on the PS4 vs the 60+ you're getting on your PC?

Ogbert

Strangely, I'm playing Borderlands 3 and am absolutely addicted to it.

When it first came out, struggled with the game. This time round, decided to go for controller instead of mouse and keyboard, and it just *feels* so good to play.

Trials of mana on switch, a remake of a game we didn't get here until last year on secret of mana collection. It's a multiple character party based arpg with a deep stats and leveling system. Stylized characters with tons of charm. Its an old school world map spanning 90s rpg redone in 3d. I honestly like this more than Ff7 remake.

Outside of that playing borderlands 2 again this time on switch and Xcom2. It's crazy as I never got into borderlands 3 the game wasn't pulling me in but bl2 will be my 3rd play on 4 different platforms (ps3 to vita to ps4 remake to switch). Great game, just wish bl3 had the same writing style and pacing like bl2 did.

Started play Monster Hunter World with a few friends as we wanted something with some meat to it to focus on for 100 plus hrs. So far its pretty good, take a bit to get used to but definitely a good time with friends. Were about 30 hrs in so far and its really picking up. Got a great deal through PS store for only $15. I would highly recommend it if you find yourself in a similar situation as mine during quarantine!

GRIEVEZ

Playing Tlou for the first time... God im bad... pretty sure ive died around 15 times already and im only 3 hours in, nice game though. :lollipop_open_mouth:

T-Cake

Can you not tell the difference between the janky, frame paced 27-30fps on the PS4 vs the 60+ you're getting on your PC?

No, that was what surprised me most! It felt really nice even though it was only 30fps.

Last edited:

Jbomb19

Honestly just distracting myself until TLOU2 comes out so I’m playing Red Dead 2 again and watching my husband play BOTW on Master Mode.

Last edited:
Just finished SotC remake today. I originally dropped the game after the second colossus because I just couldn't stand the controls. Very glad I went back though, fantastic game. I loved the way each encounter with a colossus was unique and it looks fantastic.

TheWisp

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, and loving every second, never played it before also.

Sometimes I boot up MH GU and Valorant on quick bursts.

Vitter.

Playing Animal Crossing and Fallen Order.
My god, Respawn needed like a year or two more, it's floaty and messy and it wants you to fight like in a Souls precise way... liking the characters and the system used for travel so far, but it's the AAA that has the worst hitbox and collision systems that I remember.

Poordevil

Playing Diablo 3 of all things. Picked it up for PS4 pro because I was looking for some light entertainment that would might be fun and doesn't require too much effort. To spice things up a little I started a Hardcore character. So far so good. Playing on normal difficulty, so it is pretty easy. Coming up on the first boss.... eeek!

The Sands of Time. Just did two play throughs back to back and am quickly reminded why this game remains in my top ten GOAT. *AssbenderPerfectionGif* (aside from its schizo camera).

Galak-Z. Best shmup ever made. Jake Kazdal knows what’s up, real shame this game performed so poorly commercially.

Also Mirror’s Edge (eh), and beginning a new TLoU play through for a refresher before the 19th hits.
Galakz did bad? That's surprising. I'd thst why they made the f2p version? I did my part in buying a copy on ps4 and again on switch (like so many games). I thought it was decent.

Now for an indie space shooter I am waiting for rebel galaxy outlaw can't play on pc as I refuse to use epic store and covid held up the March console release. It's now June and the game isn't even showing in the coming soons section. Devs been silent since March.

PanzerAzel

Galakz did bad? That's surprising. I'd thst why they made the f2p version? I did my part in buying a copy on ps4 and again on switch (like so many games). I thought it was decent.

Now for an indie space shooter I am waiting for rebel galaxy outlaw can't play on pc as I refuse to use epic store and covid held up the March console release. It's now June and the game isn't even showing in the coming soons section. Devs been silent since March.

From what I heard it bombed in sales, probably why Variant S existed. Though it's nice to see the full version finally on Switch (even though it's a hard pill to swallow going from PC's 60fps to Switch's 30), it's still great to have on the go. I don't know what's up with 17-bit but they don't seem to be doing anything now as far as I can tell so that makes me suspect they're essentially defunct in all but name at this point. I think Jake's involved in film/TV.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw looks nice, but yea a no go if it's exclusively EGS.

Ogbert

My god, Respawn needed like a year or two more, it's floaty and messy and it wants you to fight like in a Souls precise way... liking the characters and the system used for travel so far, but it's the AAA that has the worst hitbox and collision systems that I remember.

It's garbage.

Hugely overrated. An utterly forgettable 5 out of 10, but, of course, it was hyped up by the press.

Respawn have no business attempting melee combat. They should have opted for a bounty hunter title with guns.

bender

What time is it?
I'm playing Ion Fury on the Switch and am in the final zone. My feelings are pretty mixed. I love the level design and boy does this engine bring back fond memories. The weapons are great but I do think the selection is a little slim as is the enemy variety. And the enemy design is my largest complaint about the game. A good chunk of the variants just aren't that interesting to fight and that's before you include the not-so-great boss battles. It's a really solid game but I can't imagine revisiting it. I may be a victim of my own expectations on this one.

SpiceRacz

Wrapped up Uncharted 4. Game is a masterpiece. Doesn't necessarily reach the heights of 2 or 3, but I enjoyed the story as much as either of those. Wrapped up nicely and I hope they make a sequel or a spin-off with Sam and Sully.

The story itself is so-so but arthur is a far better character than marston that is not even funny.
And yeah, the story is slow and kinda bloated in some parts.

Disagree pretty strongly. I thought the story was better and more grounded, while the set-pieces were equally as good as 2. It's underrated, if anything. It suffers being a sequel to a GOAT worthy game.

GymWolf

Wrapped up Uncharted 4. Game is a masterpiece. Doesn't necessarily reach the heights of 2 or 3, but I enjoyed the story as much as either of those. Wrapped up nicely and I hope they make a sequel or a spin-off with Sam and Sully.

Disagree pretty strongly. I thought the story was better and more grounded, while the set-pieces were equally as good as 2. It's underrated, if anything. It suffers being a sequel to a GOAT worthy game.
The story become a comical farce around the third or fourth time dutch comes with a plan without nobody in the gang stabbing him while he sleep...

The best thing was the story of arthur as a character, the plot itself was ok at best for me, maybe because i really don't care for far west stories to begin with.

But i was not really a huge fan of the first game story neither tbh.

You liked that boring shit of unchy4 and the character of sam, we can't be more different in tastes my dude :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I started RDR 2 about a week ago after getting it for £25 on PSN. It's good but hasn't really grabbed me so far.

I find the graphics a bit disappointing tbh. They're good, but they're not the best of the generation as so many people say. I'm playing on the Pro so that might have something to do with it, but yeah, overall not all that impressed so far.

Uncharted 4 and God of War both look clearly better to me. Horizon too, if you want an open world game for comparison.

lakester

Neo Member
I find the graphics a bit disappointing tbh. They're good, but they're not the best of the generation as so many people say. I'm playing on the Pro so that might have something to do with it, but yeah, overall not all that impressed so far.

Uncharted 4 and God of War both look clearly better to me. Horizon too, if you want an open world game for comparison.

Completely disagree. Played It on the PS4 pro and looked gorgeous.

Maybe HDR is playing an important role in my analysys?

Hydroxy

The Forest
Pretty nice so far. Looks good, has that horror vibe with cannibals and such. Just started so hoping I don't get bored soon.

drganon

Finally got the platinum trophy for trials of mana. Had to do a final boss battle twice since the game crashed on me,but whatever. I can finally move on to another game.

GymWolf

I started RDR 2 about a week ago after getting it for £25 on PSN. It's good but hasn't really grabbed me so far.

Pro version is a blurry mess with shitty hdr, that surely doesn't help.

51AFHGZDR4L._SY445_.jpg

I played Koudelka for the first time earlier this year and I wanted to experience this series. I'm not far in, but it's definitely interesting so far.

Rikkori

I've been spamming the hell out of Dota Underlords. Works great with podcasts & even rewatching some Howard Stern classics in video. Helps that the window resizing is so good too (4:3). I used to like TFT more but the recent version is pretty boring & the item combinations aren't as good, while Underlords is just so sleek and works so well, it's miles ahead in terms of just pure software quality. Plus I enjoy the more single-player aspects of Underlords much better, the City Crawl is very well done. That they also don't nickle and dime you is pure icing on the cake, the battlepass is just incredible compared to the meagre offerings of TFT. The only thing that bothers me is the hero rotations for both, I kinda wish we'd be able to select between them. I miss PA & Aatrox!

Top Bottom