• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

MilkyJoe

Quite enjoying Sea of Thieves at the moment. It really should have released how it is now, so much to do, more weapons, NPCs , lots of different types of loot, pulled a box of ashen gems from a wreck, got 3500 gold just for that.

They really need to lose the player name markers though, makes you a sitting duck playing up against galleons

Woodchipper

I’m back to Spider-Man again after finishing RDR2, and dude, what a joy it is to swing around and kick ass as Spidey after fighting the shitty RDR controls, cursing at Arthur for not doing what I want him to. So much in fact, that Spider-Man once again is my GOTY. Gameplay is king.

Last edited:

Corrik

Playing Dead Cells, Witcher 3 DLC, and Mass Effect 3. Got myself into a pickle with a bunch of different things at once. Lol

MetalRain

Hitman 2, I kind of blew through all maps and find it hard to come back to them. Maybe episodic release of Hitman was not so bad.

I had to try Fallout 76, while game have had it's share of bad rap, I think if you play it "right" it kind of feels like more Fallout 4. Just move forward and don't care about kind of repetition that MMOs always have.

onlyoneno1

I am currently playing Hollow Knight and wish that every one would play it. It is such an artistic game with so much atmosphere and tight controls that it is a gem for all players who love platformers, side scrollers and 2d games.

brett_me

Neo Member
I caved and bought Fallout 76 the other day. I dont really get all the hate. Yeah it doesn't really feel like a real Fallout game, but it doesn't feel bad. It's a little empty but not SUPER empty either.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked up Bayonetta - Absolutely loving it so far. Between that and Yakuza 0 I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing out on some really cool shit.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Red Dead Redemption in PS3

I am near the end of the game, I just killed Williamson, and it’s getting very interesting. The game has been incredible. Rockstar stories are wonderful when they can’t do modern references

Rode into Blackwater last night and the environment froze and my horse flew through the air like a ufo or something. Lol. First glitch I’ve seen in dozens of hours

Last edited:
Neck deep in Assassins Creed Odyssey. While I have been struggling to get into RDR2, this has totally grabbed me and isn't letting go. I enjoyed Origins though never finished it. Probably never finish this one given the size but I will certainly enjoy it as long as it manages to keep hold of me.

FeldMonster

Destiny 2, which although I don't like as much as Destiny 1 (which is my favorite game of all time), I still recommend, as it is head and shoulders above most shooters today.

Halo 5, which I did not like when it first came out, but the more I play it, the more I like it. I split my time equally between Warzone Firefight and Arena (mostly SWAT).

Kadayi

Banned
Hitman 2. I've mainly been playing the Miami level in order to garner various unlocks and I'm prepping myself to carry out the Elusive Target mission over the weekend. Not entirely sure how Sean Bean is going to die exactly, but I'm going to take time to figure out a decent strategy.

The game is dope. In many ways, I'd forgotten how just how much fun Hitman was because you tend to just remember the assassination side of things, and forget about all the daftness and easter eggs thrown into the mix.

HeresJohnny

I'm trying to get into Breath of the Wild again. I'm at the part where you have to traverse between two dungeons set into hillsides and match the puzzle from one in the other. It was okay until I realized I had to slog all the way around and find a way back up the giant fucking mountain I glided across the first time. I swear, this game is such a pain in the ass at times. I'm liking it more than I did on the first attempt. Still HATE the weapon system though -- omg SO AWFUL.

Humdinger

Halo, first campaign. Truth & Reconciliation.
Jade Empire, stuck at a light puzzle.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider, about 3 or 4 hours in, enjoying it a lot, surprisingly. Looks great on the X.
Quantum Break, just started in, I like it so far, very trippy.
Horizon Zero Dawn, third playthrough, level 31.

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
I must say being a cheapskate waiting for price drop gamer pays off. So this holiday I get the Witcher 3 for 7 bucks, before that it's Dragon Age: Inquisition for like 9 bucks. Be starting on the Witcher 3 this weekend.

zenspider

I was itching for a single-player game, and after learning that Assassin's Creed Origins is not my cup of tea, I started playing Horizon: Zero Dawn.

5 hours in, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm so glad I gave it a wide berth around Breath of the Wild. It pales in comparison, but shines in it's own right. In fact, coming off God of War (the last single-player AAA game I got into) it feels like a much more open and adventurous game.

It's still crafting/skill trees/objective markers, but there's something special too, at least in the early goings.

Hopefully I'll finish it before Monster Boy arrives.

BigBooper

Still jumping into RDR2 for the occasional fishing, bounty hunt,or theatre show. Played Miami in Hitman 2 several times already and did the Sean Bean challenge. Played the first couple of hours of Divinity OS2 and can already tell I'm gonna love this game.

Virex

Banned
Still busy with Assassin's Creed Odyssey. While I enjoyed Origins, it was still just an Assassin's Creed game. But Odyssey is Assassin's Creed only by name. And I'm loving every moment of it

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Hitman 2 so adding that to the current roster of Yakuza 0, Bayonetta, Kingdom Come Deliverance and my sim racing activities.

Bankai

Just finished Ni No Kuni 2, loved it. Will absolutely play the DLC when it arrives. Afterwards, I played Submerged, a nice little indie game which I bought for about $2.

I always like to have a "pallet-cleanser" after a big game and Ni No Kuni 2 lasted about 65 hours for me. Submerged was the perfect pick.

Now I bought God of War in the Black Friday for $21, that'll be the next - sure it's gonna be great!

Dr.brain64

Started the last of us - 1hr in
Trying to beat 100% lego dimensions - been playing since it came out - over 60 hrs in!!
Half way with lara croft osiris psn game - very fun game

EDMIX

I’m back to Spider-Man again after finishing RDR2, and dude, what a joy it is to swing around and kick ass as Spidey after fighting the shitty RDR controls, cursing at Arthur for not doing what I want him to. So much in fact, that Spider-Man once again is my GOTY. Gameplay is king.

LOL! I was playing Spiderman near the ending of it when I started Red Dead 2 and couldn't agree more. They make him move like he has a load in his pants! lol

I"m out here reading all the lore trying to figure out when this man broke his legs as this just makes no sense lol

Vtecomega

Banned
Doom on xbox x is just...incredible. I am falling in love with the game all over again. Its not just a resolution bump, but screen space reflection, textures and lighting seems to be far superior with the 4k patch.

Still playing Assassin creed Odyssey.

Forza Horizon 4 when I feel like chilling.

IpsoFacto

On PC: I'm mostly playing PubG Mobile and Creative Destruction (which is a FTP Fortnite clone).
On PS4: About 9 hrs into DQ 11.

tomiguelk

Neo Member
On PC I'm playing Shadow Warrior II, on PS4, I'm being beaten to death again, and again on Bloodborne ( first playtrough, just reached Vicar Amélia)

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4 Pro) which is my personal GOTY and started Yakuza 6

On Xbox One X I still have Forza Horizon 4 around, Letter Quest Remastered (Game Pass) to dip in and out of and started Hitman via Game Pass. Seems I'm going to enjoy this one :messenger_smiling:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Since this has been my year to right some wrongs, I decided to finally go back and finish Ocarina of Time 3D on 3DS. It’s been on my backburner for ages. My save file was last used in 2011 lol. I contemplated starting from scratch, but I was really far into it, so I will just continue it.

J-Roderton

Lttp with Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, running through Hotline Miami again, and Golf With Your Friends.

Still playing Ironsight for my FPS fix.

Kadayi

Banned
Completed all the assassinations and story missions on the Miami level in Hitman 2 as well as the Elusive Target, but I've been having such a blast with the level that I'm now working my way through the various feats and challenges.

Also had a brief sojourn into the latest DLC for Crusader Kings 2, Holy Fury. Seems pretty substantive with some interesting changes to the base mechanics. Not the least of which is that it appears that Cassus Belli for other counties that form a Duchy you have a claim to are apparently automatic now. From a player perspective that's a notable shift, but I do wonder how it will play out with powerful NPCs.

klosos

I picked up Hitman complete edition over the weekend , i am not much for out and out stealth games but what i am told this is more of a blend in and sabotage , so am going to give it a go after work.

that will tide me over to the next league in Path of Exile : betrayal in early December 7th

I just bought the Witcher 3 (inc all DLC). $32 AUD isnt too bad a price.
Its so rare that I buy a game because Im interested in the story, but this is a rare exception. I hope its as good as Iv'e heard it is. I'll start it within the next few days.

Typhares

Currently on Beat saber and Shadow of the tomb raider. First one is amazing, most fun I've had in a long time. Second one is pretty disapointing so far.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up Hitman complete edition over the weekend , i am not much for out and out stealth games but what i am told this is more of a blend in and sabotage , so am going to give it a go after work.

that will tide me over to the next league in Path of Exile : betrayal in early December 7th

For what it's worth, I've been more 'killing every guard because I don't give a shit about being a silent assassin - I'm a mother-fucking killer' and having a blast playing it that way. I think the game respects quite a few different approaches.

I just bought the Witcher 3 (inc all DLC). $32 AUD isnt too bad a price.
Its so rare that I buy a game because Im interested in the story, but this is a rare exception. I hope its as good as Iv'e heard it is. I'll start it within the next few days.

Trust me, you're in for a treat. I didn't like Witcher 1 or 2 a huge amount, Witcher 3 is one of the most amazing games I've ever played. Combat is ok, not hugely exciting, but there's a lot in the game that can genuinely be called amazing.

THIS ^ is exactly why I can't play Rockstar games. I think their controls are so bad that it generally ruins the experience for me. I stay far away from the hype trains on those games and haven't touched a R* game since playing RDR1 for like 10 mins, before that it was GTA4 for 10 mins.

Right now I'm having that issue where I scroll through my library for longer than I actually play any game. It's overwhelming. Recently started DragonQuestXI so hopefully that'll suck me in, so far soo good.

I'm rotating between Pokemon Let's Go Evee (charming game), Warframe (kudos to Panic Button for another amazing port), Diablo III Eternal (phenomenal performance), Dead Cells, Into the Breach, Bomber Crew (wishing for a 60 fps patch) and Bastion. All great games! And I'm still playing Starlink which has become my comfort game lately.

Now if Bad North had DLC, I'd most likely be still playing that game. It's the best game I've played on Switch since Celeste.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
About 6 hours into a replay of Terranigma. Just got to

Lhasa and now I'm about to go find that illusion girl.

This is where the game really starts to take off.

Pallas

Currently playing the first Red Dead Redemption X enhanced and woah it looks fucking beautiful for a 360 era game.

I want to play 2 but I feel like I should play the first to better understand the story, characters and to appreciate 2 more from where it came from.

Top Bottom