• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Back to Forza Motorsport 7 since I just got the car pass, which finally went on sale a year after release. They took out the loot boxes, which is nice.

Looking for something new to start on Game Pass as well. May give Warhammer a look.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
PC - Sunset Overdrive, Destiny 2, Forza 7 + Horizon 4, Overwatch, Rocket League, Football Manager 19, Fortnite, League of Legends.
PS4 - RDR2, Fortnite.
Switch - Pokemon Let's Go, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Fortnite.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Finally got around to trying Undertale. It took me about 2 hours to really start enjoying the game. I'm not over the moon, but I'm really liking it now.

Last edited:
Someone help me to stop playing Rocket League.

Seriously, and I don't even have the Rocket Pass nor wish to hone my dribbling in training.

Have stopped playing many times this year already but come back to it within a week. Such a perfect pick up and play game.

Meanwhile my backlog grows and grows and grows.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I am struggling to find games to play at the moment...… I know, I think I'm fatigued. I finished RDR2 main storyline and epilogue and have been doing some hunting etc. but I am giving it a break for a while and will jump in to online when it drops tomorrow (for me).

I went back to playing Diablo 3, and also Life is Strange that was free for PS Plus a long time ago but I never played, it's pretty cool so far, just finished Chapter 1.

I am getting Spiderman for Christmas from my little brother which I know I will love, played God of War already. Anyone any recommendations for PS4?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Bought Breath of the Wild DLC as it was discounted. Did the first Master Trial and got Master Sword upgraded 10 points. It was so-so and it didn´t exactly leave me wanting more. I found Ganons Armor too and it looks cool as fuck. But why Nintendo, why can´t you FUCKING upgrade it? "Here you have bad ass fashion armor to run around in looking dope, but oh, forgot to mention, they come equipped with shit stats that you can´t change. Lol have fun."

The Hero´s Path? Master Mode? Is that really something to hide behind DLC? It should be there in the base game ffs. I hope the rest of the things included in this season pass holds some value. At least there was a proper main quest and there was promise of a big dungeon. Nintendo better deliver on this.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Someone help me to stop playing Rocket League.

Seriously, and I don't even have the Rocket Pass nor wish to hone my dribbling in training.

Have stopped playing many times this year already but come back to it within a week. Such a perfect pick up and play game.

Meanwhile my backlog grows and grows and grows.

Rocket League is always good. i bought it years ago and through thick and thin it's always there, no matter what other new games i get. sometimes i just want to play for 5 mins, or i just want to throw on a record and zone out, and for that, RL is perfect. btw: training is actually useful & challenging & kinda fun.

Stardew Valley is kinda that way for me too but a little more dangerous. im always tempted to do "one more day"

Last edited:

Odinnii

PC: X4 Foundations, Zone of the Enders 2n runners , Shadows of the Tomb Raider, Link between worlds on Citra.

Switch : Lets Go Pokemon

PS4: Tetris Effect

X1X: Spyro Trilogy

ROMhack

Just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order.

I'm not a big fan of shooters really but I loved the tight gameplay. Felt like a great fusion of the best elements of old school and modern shooters.

The story felt all over the place in terms of tone though. It's much better as an OTT nazi revenge story than the 'serious' emotional tale it sometimes turns into.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
-Just Cause 3. I think I’ve hit diminishing returns for fun after playing the first few islands and the dlc but I’m still playing it.
-Synthetik. It’s a rogue like/lite shooter that is flawed in many ways but the core gun play is very fun. I play at least one run a day since getting it after seeing an article about it on Rock Paper Shotgun. I think it’s designed more for co-op but I prefer playing solo. Highly recommended if you’re bored of more popular rogue lites like Enter the Gungeon

pots555

Assassin’s creed Odyssey. It’s much more fun to play than Red Dead 2.
Star Wars Battlefront on PS4. Surprised to find matches so easily.
Divinity Original Sin 2. Very solid game.

Unity2012

Currently between Odyssey--which I'm really enjoying; RDR2, beautiful game, plays like a good tv series; and finally I just started playing Kingdoms of Amalur for the first time in a while, thanks to BC on Xbox and I'm loving it. I think coming back to Amalur without all the negative atmosphere surrounding its release has made me appreciate the game even more. I am yet to play the last God of War and Spiderman on my PS4. Good times to be a gamer.

petran79

Banned
Fighting Layer EX on Steam
So much better than SFV at least but those character models could be a little better. Very nice animation though. Too bad about the online and netcode

PC - Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7, Mod'ed out Fallout 4, and Hollow Knight.

Switch - Finishing BotW DLC, XC2 Torna.

The racing games are what they are, I play Fallout again every time I see an interesting mod, and Hollow Knight is much better than I expected it to be. I'm surprised that after leaving Zelda for less than a year, I picked it up and already had nostalgia for the game. It's been fun running through the game again. Xenoblade 2 was one of my favorite games last year so I'm looking forward to playing Torna.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't posted here in awhile. Recently I cleared:

AC Odyssey (XB1) - really big and fun game. I enjoyed the story and exploring a lot.
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (DC) - Never beat this one before, but I tried a few times. The first half is classic TR at it's finest. The second half has a lot of backtracking and puzzles that are a bit too obscure. The most difficult and longest TR game.
Tomb Raider: Legend (XB1 BC) - Ran through this again since it is quick and fun. Not really a good TR game, but an enjoyable action game.
Tomb Raider: Underworld (XB1 BC) - The controls and camera can suck and there are some bugs, but I've always really liked this game. The levels are bigger then in Legend and focus more on platforming and puzzles. I think following where this version of Lara left off would have been more interesting then what we got for the newest TR games, but I liked those ones too.

Playing now:
Tomb Raider: Anniversay (XB1 BC) - The best one from the LAU trilogy. Might as well play through it again since I did the other two.
Diable 3 (Switch) - Bought this to mess around with while watching Football or the news at night.
Battlefield 5 (XB1) - Playing this here and there. Good game. A bit light on content though. I wish it took longer to kill people. Everyones dies so quick. I don't feel this game will have the staying power of the past BF games for me.

hollams

Gold Member
Hmm. Strange.. I have a ton of new games ready to play but for some reason I've been playing Thief Gold edition, a 20 year old game. For some reason I can't stop playing.

Moses85

RDR2 on X
MGSV TPP on PS4Pro
MGSIV on PS3 (cant continue on Shadow Moses Base Entry, Game crashes over and over again 😞)

Pjsprojects

To many.
AC Origins - half way(started at launch)
Prey - just started
Elite Dangerous - day one 1980s player
Destiny 2 - started at D1 alpha
Farcry 5 - just started
Fallout 76 - waiting for beta to end

Last edited:

GenericUser

After the guys from Path of Exile let me down and delayed the launch of the game on the PS4, I picked up Diablo 3.
Played it back then on the PS3 and I am really in the mood for a hack and slash action rpg.

Graphics are dated by now, but the game is even better then I remember it on the PS3. Currently playing as a wizard and hit level 51 in only one and a half day of playtime. The wizard is melting through the fiends, it's good honest vidya fun. Good shit. Stopped yesterday at the beginning of act 5, because I haven't played it yet and will probably play through it this evening.

Ulysses 31

Continuing with Octopath after taking a break after I completed all chapter 3s. Difficulty shot up at chapter 4 boss that wiped my party in a couple of turns several times. =(

I beat it eventually after optimizing my party. >.>

I dingled around with Watchdogs 2 and it is so much better than 1... likeable characters, "real" dialogues, fun game mechanics, and a gorgeous look. I love the satisfaction of waiting long enough to not regret buying a game (it came to 15 Euro's physical), and being surprised about how good it is.

In parts the same goes for Titanfall 2, got it for 5 €, but could only try the single player for now. The mode is ok, but i hope there is a little bit going on for hop-on-multi-player.

TitanNut88

I started Dark Souls 2. Having finished the first one, this second one is being much harder for me. Is it normal or I am too dumb?

PC: Sea of Theives, Quake Champions, Battlefield V, Black Ops 4, Forza Horizon 4
PS4: Street Fighter V
Switch: Starlink, SNK 40th Anniversary

Mainly just sea of thieves though.. I play the other games when I get salty and need a breather

Paasei

Still playing R6 Siege on PC. Finally made it to platinum 1 for the first time, only to lose it the match after again and back to plat 2. Ah well, highest rating achieved is what matters.

Also started with Hitman 2, completing AC Odyssey and enjoying some M+ and 3v3 arena in World of Warcraft.

These 4 games take the most of my time spent on gaming right now.

DemoCracy

Spec Ops The Line
It makes me to laugh because, the location of game Dubai, an Arabian city, but some of Arabian NPCs speek in Persian!

Catphish

BFV is just dominating my play time, much to my surprise. I'm completely addicted to the medic role, in a way I haven't felt since running a holy-specced preist in WoW.

The way the action unfolds, the crazy shit that can happen, the sights and sounds that go with it all... It's usurped RDR2 for me, which I didn't think could possibly happen. I'm very impressed with the game, political circus notwithstanding. Every session I have with it is fun. 👍

Last edited:

J-Roderton

I started Dark Souls 2. Having finished the first one, this second one is being much harder for me. Is it normal or I am too dumb?

Eh. Maybe early on. I thought it was a tad easier than the first one. Can't remember a lot since its been forever since I played it, but I used miracles for the first time in the series and just breezed through a lot of stuff.

Ulysses 31

Eh. Maybe early on. I thought it was a tad easier than the first one. Can't remember a lot since its been forever since I played it, but I used miracles for the first time in the series and just breezed through a lot of stuff.
Are you including the DLC with the tad easier than the first? >.>

stranno

Asterix & Obelix XXL2 on Switch. Not a terrible port, it aims 60 frames per second, but its full of slowdowns here and there. Though nobody asked for this remaster (XXL3 is coming on 2019, thats why it exists i guess) and it doesnt worth, in my opinion. The new shading, style, life bar and combo systems are worse.

Finished Sunset Overdrive last week on PC. The gameplay and graphics are amazing, but the story, characters and missions are much less appealing. I finished it under 6-hours, doing the main missions and i was expecting a bit more background story about the apocalypse and the, supposed to be, distopy of Sunset City.

Last edited:

Fbh

AC Odyssey:
As someone who didn't play origins I have to say, for an Ubisoft game this has exceeded my expectations. Combat and stealth are way more enjoyable and I like how side quests finally play more like an RPG instead of just having 3-4 activities repeated over and over through the map.
The story is still rather uninteresting (at least so far) and at this point I feel like it being Assassins Creed is more of a hindrance than anything because they need to shoehorn in the crappy AC lore.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I was playing Darksiders III but stopped because the longer I play the worse it runs and stutters even if initially it's 60fps. Waiting for patches (no difference with the beta patch for me) :(

Salvatron

Spent the weekend with Hitman 2 on casual difficulty just going through all the levels. Tried out the ghost mode a few times and found it pretty fun; shit escalates so fast. At a certain point, I knew I wouldnt win so I just went ham with a katana. The Sniper Assassin mode: I want every level to have a variant of this. A shame they don't monitor the leaderboard, the top few players obviously glitched or cheated their way with their ridiculous scores.

I get my taiko drum from PlayAsia today.. so I'll be hitting taiko no tatsujin on switch for the rest of the week.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Nah. I've never played any of the DLC for the Souls games.
I was playing Dark Souls 3's DLC again and its excellent. There are some excellent fights throughout both packages. I have always enjoyed the DLC for Dark Souls.

I am playing Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse and Prey's DLC Mooncrash. I really liked Prey, but I didn't get the DLC. There was a sale for $10 and I felt it was worth getting.

I've been playing the Red Dead II beta, both the co-op story missions and the competitive missions against others. Also yesterday was pretty much all dedicated too Star Wars Battlefront II with the recent free update which included Geonosis as well as Obi Wan/ General Grievous, 35,000 credits to unlock each hero and I was able to unlock Obi Wan yesterday. Although the movies for the prequels weren't executed the best, I do love the timeline of the clone wars. Its actually pretty decent fighting that massive battle in Geonosis with AT-TE's, Hailfires (the droid tanks with 2 wheels) and taking out the techno union ships. I also managed to find the time to play Beat Saber abit, making my way to that dreaded 11th level.

Top Bottom