• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you play to just relax?

So I got to thinking, with Littlebigplanet 3 coming soon for my PS4, I'm excited about the gameplay and the levels and features and all that good stuff, but most of all I just can't wait to sit down and play something lighthearted and fun that doesn't require to me really grit my teeth or stress out.

I guess at the moment for me it's probably running a level or 2 in Flower, or else hopping into Minecraft (unless I get caught outside at night). I love a game that just has some of that perfect combination of music and gameplay that soothes you to your soul, and I'm wondering if the rest of you have a go-to game for this kind of stuff?

iKT3LzyFHlIOK.gif

SerTapTap

Mercenary Kings and a controller is great for this. Mostl evels aren't too hard the second time, and it's a mat grinding game so there's plenty of simple repeatable stuff to do, and always one more gun part to craft so it feels like you're making progress too. Disgaea grinding can be similarly cathartic but once I'm "done" with a disgaea game I usually don't return.

This is my main draw to the Assassin's Creed games, they're just perfect to run around and relax in a pretty historical setting, ticking things off in a giant checklist. The perfect chill out games for me.

T.O.P

Banned
Free Roaming online or sp with Horizon 2 with the radio on, off when it rains just for awesome atmosphere while listening to the car engine

For me this could apply to any game even if they're hard or whatever. I just find playing games in general fun, even if they're "stressful."

Minecraft was my go-to for a long time.

Animal Crossing New Leaf as well for about a year.

I don't really have one now :( Hoping Fantasy Life turns out to be that game.

Recently it's been The Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Usually music and rhythm games are what I immediately jump to. I'm surprised there aren't more of them in Steam Greenlight to be honest.

Skate 3. Actually, all of the Skate games. I love free skating with the HUD off while I listen to podcasts.

Oblivion, back when I still played. Fallout 3 to a lesser extent. Just wandering the wasteland, exploring and gettin' into shit.

Diablo 3 is a great game to just zone out with. I also like the pinball games, the new South Park Tables from Zen Pinball are pretty great.

Well I'm always relaxed, even if I'm playing Battletoads or Ghosts N' Goblins, but if I made a short list it would be the following:

Super Mario 64
Counter-Strike
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Kart

I intend on relaxing when i play Fifa, never turns out that way as I either get too excited after scoring a goal, or frustrated when losing haha.

My relaxing game would be driving games so Forza / Gran Turismo.

JimboJones

I kind of find it difficult to relax and play games, I guess the closest thing would be probably dicking about in Halo forge mode.

Mordeccai

Dota 2. I get nice and relaxed with this game
and then proceed to flame my team and smash my keyboard into oblivion

shaowebb

Culdcept Saga or Kamen Rider Chou Climax Heroes. The latter just because I'm such a fan and since the game is so easy to create combos for I can just have a fun time in the lab treating Touch of Death combo creation as a puzzle game.

Culdcept Saga however is a several hour strategy game with some of the best artists and composers in the industry. Tons to enjoy here from the dedicated fans still hosting monthly tournies at Culdcept Central all the way to just plain old playing the computer. So many strategies for decks and how to use them is possible.

So help me they had better not have stealth cancelled the Euro version of Culdcept 3ds that had all the cards plus new ones thrown into a remastered version of the PS2 version I owned.

Top Bottom